SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
Thanks. FYI - the readme.txt that's shipped with 4.9 says to add those options.

I don't have an 'Options' menu on my start menu. Is there something I need to do to enable it? I did a search for this info but couldn't find it anywhere (or anything related in the properties file).

Andy.
I should have specified that the readme is for advanced weather configuration only and is the origional one Neilm provided.

To bring up the options menu you need to use the Options command on your remote. Default right-click on the mouse, Ctrl+O on keyboard.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Excellent. That got it. The XML feed is working fine also but I don't have any icons showing (except for the Weather Channel logo). Did I miss something? I do have a non-standard path to my STV but everything else is working fine.

Andy.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:45 PM

Not sure about the path thing. Did you erase the weather lines and let it initialize itself? Make sure you have the weather images folder under SageMCE folder.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

All 4.9 features appear to work perfectly.

Ok, how about three other items?. One, Letting us toggle the "Settings Menu" on and off like the other main menu items. Two, reordering the items on the main menu? Three renaming the menu items? ( I really only want to rename the Mame menu to something like My Games) but others may want other names...

And Thanks, thanks, thanks for allowing for the removal of the delete button.

Old 12-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude,

Is it possible to import Nielm's or Salsbt's STV Modules into your SageMC?

Just curious...

thanks!
Old 12-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Not sure about the path thing. Did you erase the weather lines and let it initialize itself? Make sure you have the weather images folder under SageMCE folder.
I stopped the client, deleted all the Weather lines and restarted the client. I added the zipcode using the options menu and did a reload but it's stuck at 'Loading'. Is there a flag somewhere I can switch on to do a debug?

Andy.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotuitdan
mlbdude,

Is it possible to import Nielm's or Salsbt's STV Modules into your SageMC?

Just curious...

thanks!
I doubt it. They will have to write those to directly import into this STV.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
I stopped the client, deleted all the Weather lines and restarted the client. I added the zipcode using the options menu and did a reload but it's stuck at 'Loading'. Is there a flag somewhere I can switch on to do a debug?

Andy.
No debug modes. Maybe we can get some help from someone else running this through the MVP.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
No debug modes. Maybe we can get some help from someone else running this through the MVP.
All is fine here... Do you have your firewall set up to allow the weather.com extractor to go through? That is usually the problem.

mlbdude - The 'N/A' and 'AM Showers' are not showing up... Did they get left out? I see the na.png, but it's a no go...

-Jason
Old 12-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Sage Expert

Radar Images...?

With your new weather addon (ok... it new to SageMCE...) would it be possible to add the radar images that are available? Out here in TX, we get some nice weather... The hail and rainstorms are great!

-Jason
Old 12-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Very nice, I especially like the option menu to disable and enable some of the main menu (since I have no pictures or "other programs"), and the option to disable delete for videos.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I honestly don't think this is related to the MVP - I get the same issue with the client running without the MVP.

My firewall seems to be fine - I can manually run the GetWeather batch file and it populates just fine. With the mlbdude/weather values in the properties file I was able to get data shown on Sage, just no icons.

At this point it's still stuck on 'Loading'.

Any other ideas would be welcomed at this point.

Andy.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

I figured it out. The properties file had inserted some new mlbdude/weather params and they had 'standard' path names. My STV path is non-standard. I tweaked the values and all is now well. Sorry for wasting bandwidth on this stupid mistake....

I also see the 'N/A' icon missing, and also 'Rain/Thunder'.

One bit of fine-tuning - if I scroll all the way to the last day, the 'right' icon doesn't get grayed-out like the 'left' one does when I'm scrolled all the way to the first day.

This is a most welcomed piece of integration. Thanks!

Andy.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:39 AM
Sage User

How do you get the skip to next song in the music playlists to work in 2.2. When I try to skip to next track it skips forward in the current song. I would also like to know if anyone has figured out how to skip to a specific song, i.e. song 15 in the playlist. By the way, I am a recent convert to Sage MC and I love it. It works great with SageMVP.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2004, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelder
How do you get the skip to next song in the music playlists to work in 2.2. When I try to skip to next track it skips forward in the current song. I would also like to know if anyone has figured out how to skip to a specific song, i.e. song 15 in the playlist. By the way, I am a recent convert to Sage MC and I love it. It works great with SageMVP.

Thanks
To go to the next song I use the PgUp or PgDn command on my keyboard which are bound to the Page Up/Channel Up and Page Down/Channel Down.

I also would like to know how to skip to a song in a playlist. I am told it works the same way as it does for an Album, but I can't get it to do it for an Album either. I tried all I could think in the Origional STV.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

at least this most recent discussion answers wh i can't skip to the next track in the playlists! (i only use the hauppauge remote and no keyboard)
Old 12-05-2004, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole
at least this most recent discussion answers wh i can't skip to the next track in the playlists! (i only use the hauppauge remote and no keyboard)
Can you do it in ALbums? This I am told alwasy worked but maybe just not in an STV.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:50 AM

mlbdude I don't if this good idea or not but could you just move non use image in a diff folder.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Aired on Date wrong

Why is it that in the playback window, after selecting a TV show to play, the Aired on Date shows 12/31/69 for any files in the upper program info box, but if you select program information from the option menu, the next time you bring up the mini or status information it shows correctly?

Last edited by edbmdave; 12-05-2004 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
Why is it that in the playback window, after selecting a TV show to play, the Aired on Date shows 12/31/69 for any files in the upper program info box, but if you select program information from the option menu, the next time you bring up the mini or status information it shows correctly?
That would be a bug. I cannot duplicate it though. When I get some more recordings I will try again.
Closed Thread