SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 02:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

A Question and Some Stuff I noticed

Firstly, Let me say, GREAT STV.
I use this as my default now, it got a huge WAF, thanks for that !

My first point is a question , may be rather a dumbass point, but I can't configure the menu, I tried right click and CTRL - O, but nothing happens - Do I need to do anything else, e.g. in sageproperties, etc ?

Second Point is an observation, in the TV guide, if there is a lot of verbiage in the description, the text shrinks really small, but only takes up about half the available width, e.g. it is all cramped up against the video preview box.
It works fine fot about 85% of TV descriptions, just some seem to have the issue.

Thanks for all the hard work

Cheers

Mark
Old 12-06-2004, 04:14 AM
Sage Expert

Another superb release!
It's nice to have some weather in there again.
A few points:
1) in the deatils of a program, if there is a particularly long write-up, there is no way to scroll down the test to read the end of the review.
2) The settings menu seems to update the EPG whenever you go into it. This can take quite a few seconds to do, and thus can be quite annoying.
3) I find it hugely annoying that the jukebox will only play the song that you select and then stop. I often like to listen to an album from say, the 2nd or 3rd track in, but you can seem to do this. PLEASE (begging here) add this as an option.

Otherwise, Looking good dude.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkimar
Firstly, Let me say, GREAT STV.
I use this as my default now, it got a huge WAF, thanks for that !

My first point is a question , may be rather a dumbass point, but I can't configure the menu, I tried right click and CTRL - O, but nothing happens - Do I need to do anything else, e.g. in sageproperties, etc ?

Second Point is an observation, in the TV guide, if there is a lot of verbiage in the description, the text shrinks really small, but only takes up about half the available width, e.g. it is all cramped up against the video preview box.
It works fine fot about 85% of TV descriptions, just some seem to have the issue.

Thanks for all the hard work

Cheers

Mark
Sounds like you are using an older version. The Options menu and that shrinking EPG text was fixed in a previous version.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Another superb release!
It's nice to have some weather in there again.
A few points:
1) in the deatils of a program, if there is a particularly long write-up, there is no way to scroll down the test to read the end of the review.
2) The settings menu seems to update the EPG whenever you go into it. This can take quite a few seconds to do, and thus can be quite annoying.
3) I find it hugely annoying that the jukebox will only play the song that you select and then stop. I often like to listen to an album from say, the 2nd or 3rd track in, but you can seem to do this. PLEASE (begging here) add this as an option.

Otherwise, Looking good dude.
1) this is on the list already to add.
2) I have no idea what settings you are refering to .
3) I hated that functionality but it makes sense to have it there. Will add it as an option - Play Album from Here.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
2) I have no idea what settings you are refering to .
Sorry about that, I'll try to be a little more specific.

If you enter the 'settings' menu (where it lists your system setup. disk space, video content etc.) from the main menu the 'last EPG update' always says the exact time that you entered the 'settings' menu, suggesting that the EPG is updated everytime you enter the 'settings' menu. On entering the 'settings' menu Sage freezes for about 20" whilst the EPG is updated.

Although I like the fact that you dont have to disable/enable an EPG source to update the EPG at a specific time, I do think that it is a little excessive to update the EPG every time you go into the 'settings' menu. Perhapse there could just be the option to 'Update EPG' somewhere.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Sorry about that, I'll try to be a little more specific.

If you enter the 'settings' menu (where it lists your system setup. disk space, video content etc.) from the main menu the 'last EPG update' always says the exact time that you entered the 'settings' menu, suggesting that the EPG is updated everytime you enter the 'settings' menu. On entering the 'settings' menu Sage freezes for about 20" whilst the EPG is updated.

Although I like the fact that you dont have to disable/enable an EPG source to update the EPG at a specific time, I do think that it is a little excessive to update the EPG every time you go into the 'settings' menu. Perhapse there could just be the option to 'Update EPG' somewhere.
Try the OrigionalV2 STV and use the System Information screen. See if the same thing is happening. I have no control over when the EPG updates. That information you see there was coppied from that screen. Also, I don't notice any delays there. Are you using XMLTV?
Old 12-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Sage Expert

I found the problem.

My pictures are on another computer on the network (wirelessG). This was causing the 'Used Library Diskspace' and the 'Total Library Content' to be delayed in calculating the space.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question on Weather Module

MLBDude, who wrote the version of the weather module that you included in 4.9? I wanted to see if they could make a modification.

Currently it appears to map icons to the weather description, My understanding is that these change. I see others use the numeric reference to an icon that may be used my many differing descriptions. I wanted to know if they weather module could be modified to reference the numeric reference that way we would not need to have some many description named icons, and would not need to maintain them by name as time goes forward.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
MLBDude, who wrote the version of the weather module that you included in 4.9? I wanted to see if they could make a modification.

Currently it appears to map icons to the weather description, My understanding is that these change. I see others use the numeric reference to an icon that may be used my many differing descriptions. I wanted to know if they weather module could be modified to reference the numeric reference that way we would not need to have some many description named icons, and would not need to maintain them by name as time goes forward.
I wrote the STV portion and neilm did the downoload. I don't want to put any more work into this one. It is just a temp one until I have time to put in WRS.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:54 PM

Upload 4.9.1. Mainly a few bug fixes. Won't be around for a bit so figured I would dump what I got up here.

New Features I can remember:
Play from here in Album Details
Navigations sounds - yes evil sounds. If you don't like them, feel free to change them. To get rid of them just delete or rename the sounds folder under the SageMCE folder. If someone can get their hands on the actual MCE sounds that would be great.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I dont know if I'm just missing something but I can't seem to figure out how to get the weather working with this skin. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
Old 12-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

First, GREAT job on SageMCE! I'm getting used to it slowly, very complex for my feeble brain.
Second, If you want to decrease the download file size, don't include the "thumbs.db" (I think I saw 2 or 3 of them), I believe that's put there by ACDSee and is not needed except by you. Might help people with slow connections.
Thanks for the hard work!
Rob
Old 12-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Navigations sounds - yes evil sounds. If you don't like them, feel free to change them. To get rid of them just delete or rename the sounds folder under the SageMCE folder.
No Nav sounds here.... a evil trick by those evil sounds perhaps?
Old 12-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Sage Expert

Anyone know how to change the number of rows that you can view at once in the guide? I can only see five at the moment and would love to be able to see about 9 or 10.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk
First, GREAT job on SageMCE! I'm getting used to it slowly, very complex for my feeble brain.
Second, If you want to decrease the download file size, don't include the "thumbs.db" (I think I saw 2 or 3 of them), I believe that's put there by ACDSee and is not needed except by you. Might help people with slow connections.
Thanks for the hard work!
Rob
The last upload does not have them. I delete them when I remmeber . Once this goes beta I will also delete the unused images to make the download smaller.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Anyone know how to change the number of rows that you can view at once in the guide? I can only see five at the moment and would love to be able to see about 9 or 10.
There are properties in the properteis file for this. Can't remember exactly what they are but they do have EPG in the name.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriber
No Nav sounds here.... a evil trick by those evil sounds perhaps?
Volume? I wonder if these will work on the MVP - I bet not.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:49 AM
Sage Expert

I can confirm that the sounds don't work with the MVP - boo!
Old 12-07-2004, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I can confirm that the sounds don't work with the MVP - boo!
I guess the MVP can't play wav files? I think it is MPEG based stuff only. Don't worry. Like I said the sounds are evil . They would have probably annoyed you anyway.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:52 AM
Sage Expert

I have already started designing some new sounds for my main system, I'll let you know when they are done.
Closed Thread