SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
The stop screen that comes up after stopping playback seems to be rather small. I have to adjust my overscan quite a bit to iliminate the edges showing. This also cause other problems like buttons getting cut off on the normal screens. Can you make that screen large by any chance?

Also is there any posibility of getting channel logos to appear beside the station call letters?

And sometime when I'm navigating around I'll hit the back key a bunch of times to ensure I'm back at the beginning, however on occasion it'll bring me into live tv unexpectedly... Can the main menu be the last, final screen, so that back doesn't work there?
The Stop screen is set to 100% Height/Width. Anyone else get this with the latest rev.?

EDIT: I just notices this (has to do with Overscan). WIll look into it.

Channel logos would be a tight fit in there.

The best way to just go back to the Start Menu is to use the Home command. Too bad the green button on the MCE remote is not usable for this (that is what it is for in MCE). I am hesitant to stop the back tree at the start menu, but I will look into it.

Last edited by mlbdude; 12-12-2004 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
Really nice. The only comment I have is that once you have selection a genre for music, you can not go back to a "show all", you can only select another genre.. How about a "All Genres" or reset flag? And perhaps add "View by Genre" as part of the new toggle for the "View By Album" and "View by Artist" button??

I really like to toggle button for My Music and My Videos.

Are you sure you are going to Beta this and not just slip it into the 1.0 realm?

To clear the Genre filer or Search filter use the Back command. I am trying to make that consistant for any filter in the STV.

Once all the "old blue" is gone it will go beta. Not sure when that will be. By keeping it in Alpha though I am keeping your expectations low .
Old 12-12-2004, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysek
Yeah, especially for someone using keyboard it is very dificult to navigate.. But even with a remote control... I like the style and how it look, its very simple and neat...
Sorry guys, Back is the only way this STV will allow you to move back a menu. The Left command will get in the way of some stuff I want to do (let alone some stuff I have already done).
Old 12-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

mlb - if i were to buy an mce remote bundle to use with sage would it be ok to assume that the back button on that remote will work with this stv?
Old 12-12-2004, 10:43 AM

I actually have not tried this yet on my PC with the MCE remote. I know not all buttons work. Somewhere I saw a list of the ones that do. I do believe that Back was one of them.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Here is that link for info on the MCE remote. You should be able to use everything but the buttons using WM_INPUT. (Back should work -- that is the same APPCOMMAND sent by multi-button mice & that Back key on keyboards w/media keys.)

I have not yet found a similar site showing the 2005 remote's layout.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

thanks, andy.

a new remote is definitely on my list of things to add (use the old silver hauppauge remote right now) since the wife is finally complaining about too many remotes but i'm not quite sure which way to go yet.

the streamzap makes life simple since it's pretty native to sage these days but i can't control my tv or receiver with it. the usbuirt will allow me to use pretty much any remote i want and the other option which has caught my attention is the harmony 680 which is touted as an mce remote so i'm assuming that it will work with the mce receiver box?

if i went with a usbuirt i wouldn't need to use girder, right?

if there's one thing i know absolutely nothing about regarding my htpc it would be the remote since files that you have provided have always allowed me to use the hauppauge remote and not even need to think about it!
Old 12-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole
thanks, andy.

a new remote is definitely on my list of things to add (use the old silver hauppauge remote right now) since the wife is finally complaining about too many remotes but i'm not quite sure which way to go yet.

the streamzap makes life simple since it's pretty native to sage these days but i can't control my tv or receiver with it. the usbuirt will allow me to use pretty much any remote i want and the other option which has caught my attention is the harmony 680 which is touted as an mce remote so i'm assuming that it will work with the mce receiver box?

if i went with a usbuirt i wouldn't need to use girder, right?

if there's one thing i know absolutely nothing about regarding my htpc it would be the remote since files that you have provided have always allowed me to use the hauppauge remote and not even need to think about it!
I use the IRMAN, which is natively supported by SAGE with a universal remote. It controls my DVD, TV, receiver, Sage, VCR etc. One remote for all baby

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 12-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

redcoat - do you have the back button seperately mapped in your remote to better navigate this stv?

i finally feel like my actual htpc is no longer a beta style product but rather and actual solution that i'd pickup from bestbuy or cc.

thanks to everyone who has helped make this happen.

getting darn close to my ideal solution here. the finishing touch would be something that cayars mentioned with the pinnacle showcenter (and similar/same neuston 500 and actiontec boxes) if these can be integrated to be used as clients since they support HD upscale output via either dvi or component and also ac3 output as well a hardware decoding divx/xvid then my whole house solution would be set.

cayars mentioned that those boxes work on http and so may well be able to be hooked into neilm's new web setup. if we could apply this stv to that solution too then holy heck frey needs to pay studio testers royalties and release this solution to the mass market!

in the mean time i'd happily make a paypal donation for all the hard work you guys have been putting in.

ps. if the boxes listed above could be made into true clients then the desire for having an xcard osd would be completely eliminated.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Sage User

mlbdude

should translation for your stv already work? I tried anything I could think of to translate your stv to german but can't get it to work...

...translating the sagetv core-translation file worked without any problems. Do I have to change something in "sage.properties" besides changing the language code to "de" and renaming the (altered) "SageMC_i18n_en.properties" to "SageMC_i18n_de.properties"?

...any other advice?

thanks

holozaen
Old 12-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

It's cool that you see a problem with that stop screen... Nice to know it's not just my maxchine...

As far as the channel logos are concerned, what if they were tiny in the guide and a normal size in the detailed view of a program? I just think that the guide is somehow rather bland compared to the electricity of the rest of this STV.

It might be that there is so much void space at the bottom of the screen in the guide view... Could the number of rows be increase by 1 or 2, is that customizable?

Also I'l like to throw in another vote for the option to remove Other programs, it's really cluttering up the main page, and it's something I will never use.

BTW... before this STV, I always thought Sage was really counter intuative with it's menu navigation. I do not like using a home button, it's not as easy as hitting back a few times. I wish that the back button only went up one screen, as now it seems to have some sort of history or something. That's why I was asking for the main screen to be immune to the back button.

One other minor issue, the primary image in the weather screen shows up perfect, and usually one of the smaller images shows up. However the other forecasted days are missing the images. I have no other STVs installed besides the original and yours, could I be missing images, or could it be another problem?

This STV is amazing, I really commend you on your work!
Old 12-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Sage User

Navigation question

I have a question on navigation that I know was available with Tivo and I think with the original SageTV skin. Not sure if MCE can do this or not.

I go to My TV --> Recorded TV --> and I pick a series with multiple recordings. I then select the first show in the list. What I want to be able to do is move to the next show in the list without first having to hit back. Is there any way to do this with SageMCE?

Also, how do I enable the time move feature when playing back a show. Meaning, I watched a show partway through but for whatever reason it restarted from the beginning. I heard there was some sort of way to enable moving the timeline from the remote instead of hitting a hundred skips. Any ideas?

As others have said, you do great work Mlbdude. Awesome skin! This along with SageMVP, makes me very happy and even better, makes my wife much happier.

David
Old 12-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Also I'l like to throw in another vote for the option to remove Other programs, it's really cluttering up the main page, and it's something I will never use.
You could already do that on this stv, just right click on the main menu and you'll see the option to enable or disable parts of the main menu.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

oops... thank you, that's amazing. I started reading the length of this thread, but stopped half way through, lazy.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

or alternatively to remove "other programs" tab just do as i did and set it to "false" in the sage.properties file

i have the internal dvd player setup well enough now that i'm not really concerned with loading zoom player any more and the music module has improved so much that i no longer use WMP either.

just a couple more slight revisions and i's really have little to no need for using outside programs.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Sage Icon

About the music module... That visualize, is that adjustable? It seems to be a little lacking. Also it would be nice to have some sort of progress bar, so you know where you are in a song.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

the viz is fixed (only that one) and the only people who can change that are the frey team themselves.

when you have the vizualization up you can hit the display button and it will bring up the title and time track bar for a few seconds.

considering we have a pretty decent level of music sorting function for absolutely no additional money out of pocket i'm pretty darn happy and would gladly contribute a paypal donation to further progress this.

frey is extremely lucky to have such dedicated and knowledgeable people working for free on the backend of their product.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:27 PM

Quote:
It's cool that you see a problem with that stop screen... Nice to know it's not just my maxchine...

As far as the channel logos are concerned, what if they were tiny in the guide and a normal size in the detailed view of a program? I just think that the guide is somehow rather bland compared to the electricity of the rest of this STV.

It might be that there is so much void space at the bottom of the screen in the guide view... Could the number of rows be increase by 1 or 2, is that customizable?

BTW... before this STV, I always thought Sage was really counter intuative with it's menu navigation. I do not like using a home button, it's not as easy as hitting back a few times. I wish that the back button only went up one screen, as now it seems to have some sort of history or something. That's why I was asking for the main screen to be immune to the back button.

One other minor issue, the primary image in the weather screen shows up perfect, and usually one of the smaller images shows up. However the other forecasted days are missing the images. I have no other STVs installed besides the original and yours, could I be missing images, or could it be another problem?

This STV is amazing, I really commend you on your work!
Channel logos will be included in the show description at the bottom of the guide in the next release. Also, you can adjust the rows and columns of the EPG with the properties:

ui/epg_num_cols=3
ui/epg_num_rows=7

Also, I decided that I agree with stopping the back history at the Start Menu so that will be in the next release too.

The Weather menu uses the condition string to match the image. When using www.weatherroom.com it worked perfect. With weather.com it is hit or miss. If you have common weather conditions in your area that keep coming up blank you can copy and rename some image in the weather folder. The long term solution will be the inclusion of the WRS menu. I am hoping that since I have the weather menu item included now someone will do an import menu for that to replace the existing simple weather menu.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage
I have a question on navigation that I know was available with Tivo and I think with the original SageTV skin. Not sure if MCE can do this or not.

I go to My TV --> Recorded TV --> and I pick a series with multiple recordings. I then select the first show in the list. What I want to be able to do is move to the next show in the list without first having to hit back. Is there any way to do this with SageMCE?

Also, how do I enable the time move feature when playing back a show. Meaning, I watched a show partway through but for whatever reason it restarted from the beginning. I heard there was some sort of way to enable moving the timeline from the remote instead of hitting a hundred skips. Any ideas?

As others have said, you do great work Mlbdude. Awesome skin! This along with SageMVP, makes me very happy and even better, makes my wife much happier.

David
Moving between recordings as you suggest does not exist in this or the origional STV that I know of (nor MCE). However, I like that idea. I will try and add that as a future release (probably just take advantage of the Page Left and Page Right commands for space reasons).

Time Scroll is probably what you are looking to use for quick jumping of large chunks of time. Check that out in the manual.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holozaen
mlbdude

should translation for your stv already work? I tried anything I could think of to translate your stv to german but can't get it to work...

...translating the sagetv core-translation file worked without any problems. Do I have to change something in "sage.properties" besides changing the language code to "de" and renaming the (altered) "SageMC_i18n_en.properties" to "SageMC_i18n_de.properties"?

...any other advice?

thanks

holozaen
I actually have little experience with this. The export file comes from Studio directly. I will have to reasearch that document you linked me to see more about it.
Closed Thread