SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That is essentially there already. At some point I will be adding an XML import for the additional metadata, but I am too lazy to keep up with teh metadata so not sure when.
I know but I was thinking a My DVDs section would be nice
this would be separate from my Videos
I think would be a nice addition
Old 12-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

ignore message - figured it out.. thanks for a great interface. This and the MEEDIO skin MeeCeeEee makes my setup nearly perfect and seemless.

Last edited by foolio; 12-14-2004 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
I know but I was thinking a My DVDs section would be nice
this would be separate from my Videos
I think would be a nice addition
i begged for that quite some time ago and moved on

i like the way the mce plugin works because it allows for both online and offline movie metadata to be stored which works well for me since i have a stack load of xvids on the hard drive and then even more dvd's cataloged in folders so in a perfect world xvids would play straight away if the movie you select is stored and dvd's would ask you to "insert disk number XX" to play the movie.

i'm still just happy to have music by genre right now
Old 12-14-2004, 07:05 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
The things I would do for a 1Ghz PC
spend about 7 bucks?
Old 12-14-2004, 07:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole
spend about 7 bucks?
But it was my first PC, I can't get rid of it!!! Its been running Sage like the Energizer-Bunny for at least 18 months now non-stop. I can't bear to kill it.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 12-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Sage Fanatic

lol - i know the feeling!

i still persist with my 2ghz p4 400 even though i can have 60% more power for about $135

the way i look at it there's no fun to making ffdshow work when you have pc to spare
Old 12-14-2004, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

I was wondering if this STV's other program function will solve my problem.

I want to use Nero's Recode to encode my DVD collection into their new H.264 AVC files. The quality is awesome and the file sizes are very small. However I can not get Sage to play the video portion of these files, only Audio...And I would love to keep everything in one UI for family and guests.

If I use this STV can I have the other program (Nero ShowTime, WMP or Zoom) open when I choose to watch these files?
They are in the MP4 format, so is it possible to link a player to open via the type of extension being watched?
Old 12-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Sage Fanatic

i'm completely dumb to programming but it should be possible to have the titles show up in your imported videos and then you could use a batch file to recognize the extension so that when you try to open it the .bat will automatically sleep sage and open (and play) in zoom player and then when the file is done zoom player will quit and sage will wake again.

i know this can be done i just don't know how! (sorry)

alternatively you just use the "other programs" option as mentioned to launch one of those 3 (or all 3) from within the stv and then you will have to navigate to the file you want to open manually.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
alternatively you just use the "other programs" option as mentioned to launch one of those 3 (or all 3) from within the stv and then you will have to navigate to the file you want to open manually.
That would defeat the purpose of my wife saying "Honey how do I do this?"
And I would really like to not hear that anymore.

So it is not intergrated into this STV then I assume? As far as the batch file, sounds like a good idea, has anybody done something similair before?
Old 12-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio
ignore message - figured it out.. thanks for a great interface. This and the MEEDIO skin MeeCeeEee makes my setup nearly perfect and seemless.
I use the same setup. I setup a command in meedio to use the sendmessage utility to send the "PowerOn" and "Custom1" commands to Sage which takes me straight to the "My TV" menu. Absolutely seemless! Yay!

- Josh

Client 1 & 2: 50in Samsung DLP, 34in Insignia LCD, nMedia HTPC180, WinXP Pro SP2, SageTV Client v7 beta, XBMC, AMD XP2800, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB hdd, ATI HD3450, built-in audio, Firefly
Old 12-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

dvd-maniac, people over at the mce green button forums have done that and i'm sure there are plent of people in this forum more than capable - you just have to find someone willing!

walt - did you turn off the rest of the stv menu items (ie. all but my tv) since you don't need them?
Old 12-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
The STV changes the "/" character to a space " ". So for Wind / Snow / Ice call it
Code:
"Wind   Snow   Ice.png".

It should do this already. If there are any places I missed let me know.
I don't think he's referring to your use of the "Back" functionality. I think he's referring to Sage's programming of the "Back" button. It doesn't work exactly like a "Up one level" button. It works like explorer's "Back" button which is not always up one level.

- Josh

Client 1 & 2: 50in Samsung DLP, 34in Insignia LCD, nMedia HTPC180, WinXP Pro SP2, SageTV Client v7 beta, XBMC, AMD XP2800, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB hdd, ATI HD3450, built-in audio, Firefly
Old 12-14-2004, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walts81
I don't think he's referring to your use of the "Back" functionality. I think he's referring to Sage's programming of the "Back" button. It doesn't work exactly like a "Up one level" button. It works like explorer's "Back" button which is not always up one level.

- Josh
I will need some examples then. The way I think of Up One Level for example is in the Video Library where you dig into your folder structure then using the Back command it takes you backward through the folder structure until you hit the top then goes back a menu.

Also, anywhere you apply a filter or drill into a listing by a Category hitting the back button first removes the filter then hitting back again moves back a menu.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
That would defeat the purpose of my wife saying "Honey how do I do this?"
And I would really like to not hear that anymore.

So it is not intergrated into this STV then I assume? As far as the batch file, sounds like a good idea, has anybody done something similair before?
Even with the batch file method you will be leaving Sage to another application with a new look and feel. The commands used to use it and get out will also probably be different. For a consistent look and feel you need to get Sage to recognize this format. I would suggest submitting a support request for it. As long as it is not some kind of proprietary format I would think it should be possible.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

I just did that yesterday. I do not know if it is proprietary or not, but it probably is. Seeing as it comes from NERO...

I do not mind leaving sage to open another player (ATI remote can simply close it when done and should go back to Sage) I just want to be able to have the files selectable IN Sage.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I just did that yesterday. I do not know if it is proprietary or not, but it probably is. Seeing as it comes from NERO...

I do not mind leaving sage to open another player (ATI remote can simply close it when done and should go back to Sage) I just want to be able to have the files selectable IN Sage.
My older STV's used to allow you to use an external video player for imported files but that was for all files. This one does not. Not sure if it will. At least not until I get other items working. There may be another STV that does this. I personally launch ZoomPlayer for all my DVD and ripped DVD stuff and use its media library OSD for navigation. Not something my wife could do without training though .

I take it then that you CAN get Sage to import and list the files just have issues playing them?
Old 12-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

as a side note you may be able to do everything using ffdshow (10122004 edition) as the codec pack?

i know that edition allows you to set it so that it can decode audio from the latest nero digital pack so i'd assume that i can decode the video too?

you may be able to hook the content inside sage if that is the case.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

it seems that powerdvd6 can play those new nero files too. you can set sage to use powerdvd6 for video and you already seem to have a grip on the audio.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I take it then that you CAN get Sage to import and list the files just have issues playing them?
Yes I have followed the advice of Korben_Dallas on how to get Sage to recognize other file extensions, But when I try to watch them, I get Audio only and a black screen.

I will have to see if Zoom player plays these files and check that out.
I do need a player that can stream the files over my LAN, since the files will be on my Main HTPC.

Quote:
as a side note you may be able to do everything using ffdshow (10122004 edition) as the codec pack?
That would be great. WHere would I start in learning how to do this?
I have seen quite about on ffdshow, however how would I tie it to Sage?
Old 12-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Sage Icon

I can play the files with WMP and Nero Showtime now (Video & Audio, My problem is opening the file in the (Other) program from within Sage.

@mlbdude
all files would be fine, more universal....
Which STV would you recommend for this?
Closed Thread