SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole
dvd-maniac, people over at the mce green button forums have done that and i'm sure there are plent of people in this forum more than capable - you just have to find someone willing!

walt - did you turn off the rest of the stv menu items (ie. all but my tv) since you don't need them?
No, I just have Meedio send a command to go straight to the "My TV" menu in SageMC and I also remapped the sage "Custom1" command (which sends the menu to the "My TV" section) to use the "Home" key. So when "Home" is pressed (or a remote sending the "Home" key is pressed) it sends me to the "My TV" section rather than the main menu. Then when I press "Exit" it sends me back to Meedio. I hope that makes sense.

- Josh

Client 1 & 2: 50in Samsung DLP, 34in Insignia LCD, nMedia HTPC180, WinXP Pro SP2, SageTV Client v7 beta, XBMC, AMD XP2800, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB hdd, ATI HD3450, built-in audio, Firefly
Old 12-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I will need some examples then. The way I think of Up One Level for example is in the Video Library where you dig into your folder structure then using the Back command it takes you backward through the folder structure until you hit the top then goes back a menu.

Also, anywhere you apply a filter or drill into a listing by a Category hitting the back button first removes the filter then hitting back again moves back a menu.
Well, I'm not so sure it applies to your STV. But in the Original STV you can use the left arrow to go "up one level". If you do that, then use the "Back" key, it will take you to the prev screen (the screen you were just in). Meaning it actually took you "down one level" rather than "up one level". It's basically because the left arrow and the "Back" key were being used interchangeably. Since your STV doesn't allow the left arrow for this use, I don't see how it can apply to SageMC.

- Josh

Client 1 & 2: 50in Samsung DLP, 34in Insignia LCD, nMedia HTPC180, WinXP Pro SP2, SageTV Client v7 beta, XBMC, AMD XP2800, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB hdd, ATI HD3450, built-in audio, Firefly
Old 12-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I just did that yesterday. I do not know if it is proprietary or not, but it probably is. Seeing as it comes from NERO...
Not proprietary, see here and here

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 12-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Not proprietary, see here and here
I do not agree,
I know that H.264 is open source as your links point out. However the files created in Nero Digital can only be played on systems with Nero Showtime installed. I could not play them in WMP until I installed Showtime.
When opening the properties of a ND file before Showtime is installed in WMP this is what I get:

After install i get this:

Old 12-14-2004, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

From another post in the forum. Take a look at this player:

Moonlight's (aka Elecard) H.264 player/decoder

And from the user guide:

Supported Stream Formats:
Video
• H.264/MPEG-4 P.10 AVC video (ISO/IEC 14496-10) streams.
Audio
• MPEG-1 Layer (I, II, III) (ISO/IEC 11172-3).
• MPEG-2 audio, including unofficial MPEG-2.5 format.

The H.264/AVC codec was jointly developed by the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and has been ratified into the MPEG-4 specification as the next-generation video codec. H.264/AVC is based on open standards.

Along with Nero,...Elecard, Main Concept and Apple (Quicktime) will all be supporting this codec. And the DVD Forum has ratified the H.264 Advanced Video Codec (AVC) to be included in the next generation High Definition (HD) DVD format.

If you were to install the Elecard player you would also be able to play Nero Digital files and WMP would also be able to use the codec.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 12-14-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

I can already play the files in WMP, it uses the Nero Video Decoder. My problem is getting them to play in Sage.

Installing the Monnlight did not get me any closer to this task.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:51 AM
Sage User

I just want to say thanks for an STV that made me remeber why I use a PVR. All the extra bells and whistles were distracting me from enjoying TV the way I want to watch it.

This STV works great on my HTPC and on my main PC via Client. I watch TV all the time while surfing and it's amazing how easy this STV is to navigate with a mouse. My Logitech MX700's back and forward buttons work perfectly for this STV's navigation!! I love it! I'm not sure if I like using the remote or mouse better... both are very smooth.

Keep up the good work on this one. I think I've found an STV to stick with for more than a week.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

can someone explain this scenario: watching a channel, go to guide, look around for soemthing else to watch, can't find something - now want to go full screen again - what button to push??

BACK - takes you back one level to the MY TV menu
LIVETV - takes you fullscreen but to LIVETV and not where you left off

the only way seem to be to click on the same channel again - this is annoying when you are scrolling up and down and it takes awhile to find your channel again.

Also - does pushing "REC" work on the guide for one-touch recording? should it?
Old 12-15-2004, 05:19 AM
Sage Icon

Double check your mapping for the back button, on mine back removes the guide and brings you straight back to live tv.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio
can someone explain this scenario: watching a channel, go to guide, look around for soemthing else to watch, can't find something - now want to go full screen again - what button to push??

BACK - takes you back one level to the MY TV menu
LIVETV - takes you fullscreen but to LIVETV and not where you left off

the only way seem to be to click on the same channel again - this is annoying when you are scrolling up and down and it takes awhile to find your channel again.

Also - does pushing "REC" work on the guide for one-touch recording? should it?
The TV command is the command to take you back to fullscreen TV with whatever is playing. LIVETV does just what it sounds like it does.

Also, on every screen there is a little preview window in the bottom left. Navigate and highlight that. This also takes you back to full screen TV.

The REC options should be working the the Guide. If it is not let me knwo.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

In the Original STV you can set a favorite to just keep 1 or however many recordings. I can't find this in this STV. For example, I record several childrens shows that are on every day several times a dayand I don't want my hard drive to be full of these. On the original STV I had set them to keep just 1, and this appears to carry over for these favorites, but setting up new ones, the only options are remove auto as drive space requires, and don't remove until I delete.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 12-15-2004, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
In the Original STV you can set a favorite to just keep 1 or however many recordings. I can't find this in this STV. For example, I record several childrens shows that are on every day several times a dayand I don't want my hard drive to be full of these. On the original STV I had set them to keep just 1, and this appears to carry over for these favorites, but setting up new ones, the only options are remove auto as drive space requires, and don't remove until I delete.
Change the Keep Up To setting for the recurring recording. I hear in Sage that there is a bug if you set this too high though so be carefull.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

the back button mapping in mlbdude's stv IS correct. if you guys are using the hauppauge remote with the latest driver and remote .ini file from the link in opus4's signature then you will have to remap the back/exit button.

at almost the very bottom of the .ini file the sage functions are listed for each button. the functions are written is hex code and if you look at it the back/exit button is mapped to send message event "15" (there's actually a bunch of zeros before the 15) you need to change the 15 to 75.

change this and restart the remote program and proper back functionality will be available to you with this stv using the back/exit button.

ps. the previous mapping of 15 dumped you straight back to live tv. some may prefer this but there's plenty of easy ways to get back to that point with this stv.

Last edited by GbrNole; 12-15-2004 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Change the Keep Up To setting for the recurring recording. I hear in Sage that there is a bug if you set this too high though so be carefull.
Just so others know what to expect... it seems to limit the value to 0-15 internally, but doesn't check the input. If you set it higher, it does mod 16 division & leaves you with the remainder as your new setting.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Just so others know what to expect... it seems to limit the value to 0-15 internally, but doesn't check the input. If you set it higher, it does mod 16 division & leaves you with the remainder as your new setting.

- Andy
Well, that just doesn't seem right. Can't we get the Frey boys to fix that? If it's set higher than 15 and there's a limit, it should just default to the max (15). Wouldn't you think?

- Josh

Old 12-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by walts81
Well, that just doesn't seem right. Can't we get the Frey boys to fix that?
Yes, Frey knows about it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:20 AM

Not a problem. I have it at a max of 20 currently. Will udpate it to a max of 15 for now.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Sage User

mlbdude

any news about language translation via ".properties"-File? I really would very much appreciate if translation was possible (in fact...my wife would even more appreciate ;-)
Old 12-15-2004, 05:06 PM

Upload small update 4.9.6.

Added channel logos to program description in Guide.
Added filter toggle to Recorded TV.
Added Play button when viewing by song in My Music.
Record toggle in Guide now works.
Few bug fixes.

Not too much so only download if you want to.

Looking for a good padlock icon to use for Archived files....
Old 12-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I will need some examples then. The way I think of Up One Level for example is in the Video Library where you dig into your folder structure then using the Back command it takes you backward through the folder structure until you hit the top then goes back a menu.

Also, anywhere you apply a filter or drill into a listing by a Category hitting the back button first removes the filter then hitting back again moves back a menu.
If you are in the guide, and hit TV, it'll take you to whatever's currently playing. Hit TV again, and it'll take you back to your guide. If you now hit Back, you don't go "up" one level. You go back to fullscreen TV instead. The way it should work, is take you up one level.

Also, my Stop screen (also lagging) takes up almost the entire screen. Is it suppose to be that big?
Closed Thread