SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
If you are in the guide, and hit TV, it'll take you to whatever's currently playing. Hit TV again, and it'll take you back to your guide. If you now hit Back, you don't go "up" one level. You go back to fullscreen TV instead. The way it should work, is take you up one level.

Also, my Stop screen (also lagging) takes up almost the entire screen. Is it suppose to be that big?
Stop screen is supposed to take up full screen but darn overscan is killing me. No fix yet. It is faster now though.

Nothing I can do about that Back behavior there. The history is kept by Sage and can't be hardcoded since you could have gotten to the guide by various ways. This is also how it works in MCE (though that means nothing).
Old 12-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Stop screen is supposed to take up full screen but darn overscan is killing me. No fix yet. It is faster now though.
Oh. Well I don't mind if the stop screen was smaller. It feels sorta intrusive taking up almost the whole screen.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:26 PM

It is designed off of the MCE screen but unless I can figure out a way past the Overscan it is going to become a popup menu.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not at my photoshop machine to resize this, but I just pulled this padlock icon off Deviantart.com.
Attached Files
File Type: zip padlock.zip (14.1 KB, 172 views)
Old 12-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Sage User

Padlock icons.....

Quote:
Upload small update 4.9.6.

Added channel logos to program description in Guide.
Added filter toggle to Recorded TV.
Added Play button when viewing by song in My Music.
Record toggle in Guide now works.
Few bug fixes.

Not too much so only download if you want to.

Looking for a good padlock icon to use for Archived files....
MLBdude,

A few icons .....(not in png format)

Doug
Attached Files
File Type: zip padlocks.zip (18.8 KB, 151 views)
Old 12-15-2004, 06:27 PM

Exclamation

Thanks guys! I can get something from that.

Anyone using this STV know how to code in Java? I need to get a simple class created that reads in from XML. If it was .Net I would do it .
Old 12-15-2004, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
I have abandoned this venture as I find the noises excruciatingly annoying! Well, it is a combination of things really:

1) noises are pretty annoying on the menu screens period
2) my 5.1 amp is connected by coax to my HTPC. the amp internally turns itself on when it gets audio signals from the HTPC, therefore doesn't turn on quick enough to take advantage of the menu noises even if I wanted to hear them. This is also rather annoying when commercials come on as you miss the first few frames of sound. (If anyone has a solution for this last part let me know )

So, sorry guys/gals, no new sounds from me
I told you the sounds were evil. I have the same exact problem with MCE so I know what you mean.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks guys! I can get something from that.

Anyone using this STV know how to code in Java? I need to get a simple class created that reads in from XML. If it was .Net I would do it .
I'd volunteer, but my JAVA programming is probably worse then you. Net on the other hand...
Old 12-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know if it still exists in 4.9.6 but in 4.9.5 there seems to be a minor bug. If you map a remote button to "Music Jukebox" it takes you to the original STV's jukebox screen instead of the SageMC jukebox screen.

Andy.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Sage Icon

I really enjoy the addition of the channel logos in the guide desciption, thanks for that. I was really hoping the stop screen would get some more changes though. If you have to change it to a menu instead that's cool. However I still do not understand why it brings you back to start? Why can't it pause and then go "back" to wherever you started viewing from? I would like to say that if you can keep it a full screen menu that would get my vote, to bad it's troubling you to get that overscan in there.

I would like to ask for something I mentioned before once more. Can we please have the selection be able to scroll all the way to the top of the lists and then cycle back to the bottom? I do not have room for page up and down on my remote, and I have quite a few media files in my library. It would be nice to be able to take the quickest route to the file I desire. Currently if I want to play the last file on my list I have to hold down the down arrow for a long time. The rereat on this function is really slow too. I'm not sure if that's under your control though.

Aslo the click sounds do not play when scrolling up on the top most or scrolling down on the bottom most selection on the screen. They will only play when you navigate the items currently in view.

The Back function changes seem to be perfect now, what a treat. Overall I'd say there isn't much left to fix...

One other issue I posed earlier, not sure if this is under your control either: I would really like it if the overall size of the rectangle containing the guide rows could be extended downward one more row. It seem like it would be the perfect amount to use the most screen realistate as possible. It really does bother me that on an a screen that contains that much compacted information, there is blank space being ifnored. I'm not sure if this is a function of the engines backbone or not.

And lastly, is there any chance of having the view by choice stick in each different folder? Specifically I would like to have the first view screen listing all my video folders, then when entering a folder I'd like them to be icons.

The pleasure I get out of enjoying this PVR experience is outstanding. This STV will impress anyone you show it too. I am new to Sage so all these great feature throw at me all at one time is sort of overwhelming...
Old 12-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think channel up/down should act as pg up/down. At least it does on my remote...
Old 12-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Upload small update 4.9.6.

Added channel logos to program description in Guide.
Added filter toggle to Recorded TV.
Added Play button when viewing by song in My Music.
Record toggle in Guide now works.
Few bug fixes.

Not too much so only download if you want to.

Looking for a good padlock icon to use for Archived files....
Love the filter toggle on Recorded tV, but how about one for "Not Seen" or the like, so that anything that has not been watched is listed?...

BUG:? When looking at the folder.img (for videos) the images for the video library.. They are now resizing large than the screen. Can you change them back? I run at 1280 x 768, and I now have to scroll to see the entire image. It used to scale to fit.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:01 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
I don't know if it still exists in 4.9.6 but in 4.9.5 there seems to be a minor bug. If you map a remote button to "Music Jukebox" it takes you to the original STV's jukebox screen instead of the SageMC jukebox screen.

Andy.
I too am interested in knowing if this is fixable. Not really a big deal, just a minor annoyance.

I know it's been said hundreds of times, but this STV is absolutely amazing.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:04 AM
Sage Expert

I'm glad to see that the channel logos are back!
I don't seem to see them using my MVP tough - Booooo
Old 12-16-2004, 06:23 AM
Sage User

Installed the 4.9.5 version yesterday, I think it looks great!!
Upgraded from Sage v2.0 with mlbdude' stv 2.0.

What I really miss though, is a button or something which enables me te navigate back (or back to home) just using a mouse.
Formerly the 'sage' logo on the left top would bring you back.

Would it be possible to fi place a small icon, like the sleepbutton on home, on various page to navigate back (home) ?

Thanks!
Sweep
Old 12-16-2004, 06:28 AM
Sage User

also.. Has support for info.my files been removed ?

this no longer seems to work:
mlbdude/video_info_file=info.my

Sweep
Old 12-16-2004, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS

Andy.
This is either fixed in 4.9.6 or or for the next. I think I found it just before the last release though.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
I really enjoy the addition of the channel logos in the guide desciption, thanks for that. I was really hoping the stop screen would get some more changes though. If you have to change it to a menu instead that's cool. However I still do not understand why it brings you back to start? Why can't it pause and then go "back" to wherever you started viewing from? I would like to say that if you can keep it a full screen menu that would get my vote, to bad it's troubling you to get that overscan in there.

I would like to ask for something I mentioned before once more. Can we please have the selection be able to scroll all the way to the top of the lists and then cycle back to the bottom? I do not have room for page up and down on my remote, and I have quite a few media files in my library. It would be nice to be able to take the quickest route to the file I desire. Currently if I want to play the last file on my list I have to hold down the down arrow for a long time. The rereat on this function is really slow too. I'm not sure if that's under your control though.

Aslo the click sounds do not play when scrolling up on the top most or scrolling down on the bottom most selection on the screen. They will only play when you navigate the items currently in view.

The Back function changes seem to be perfect now, what a treat. Overall I'd say there isn't much left to fix...

One other issue I posed earlier, not sure if this is under your control either: I would really like it if the overall size of the rectangle containing the guide rows could be extended downward one more row. It seem like it would be the perfect amount to use the most screen realistate as possible. It really does bother me that on an a screen that contains that much compacted information, there is blank space being ifnored. I'm not sure if this is a function of the engines backbone or not.

And lastly, is there any chance of having the view by choice stick in each different folder? Specifically I would like to have the first view screen listing all my video folders, then when entering a folder I'd like them to be icons.

The pleasure I get out of enjoying this PVR experience is outstanding. This STV will impress anyone you show it too. I am new to Sage so all these great feature throw at me all at one time is sort of overwhelming...
When a show ends I really have no idea how you started playing it. The only options would be to send to the main screen of the show type - like My Videos for a library file or My TV for normal recordings. Seems like it just is easier to understand going back to the start. MCE does this also.

I generally don't like the wrapping scrolling but will look into making this dynamic. If I can make it configurable I will add it.

The views in My Videos can't be changed that I know of. I don't see any way in Studio to allow for me to have both folder type view and list type views dynamically.

I believe the Guide is sized to the biggest is can be with regard to the Preview window. I will look to see if it can go bigger.

Last edited by mlbdude; 12-16-2004 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
Love the filter toggle on Recorded tV, but how about one for "Not Seen" or the like, so that anything that has not been watched is listed?...

BUG:? When looking at the folder.img (for videos) the images for the video library.. They are now resizing large than the screen. Can you change them back? I run at 1280 x 768, and I now have to scroll to see the entire image. It used to scale to fit.
I like that additional filter idea. I noticed the sizing bug too. I think this is a core rendering bug though. It came when I made that right side scrollable so that you could read the program descriptions and such.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweep
also.. Has support for info.my files been removed ?

this no longer seems to work:
mlbdude/video_info_file=info.my

Sweep
This has been removed. I am planning on doing this more completely for this STV. That is why I asked if anyone knows Java and could write me a simple class .
Closed Thread