SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 07:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

>>Added Play button when viewing by song in My Music.<<

where was this change? it seems exactly the same i have been accustomed to.

what would be the feasibility of adding a "play all" button under genre? it seems so simple but when i think about it it could be a testy little bugger to make happen.

also when you say that you want to access xml direct through java then does that mean you want to use the raw xml file from dvdprofiler (or similar) within sage to have the entire profile available to you?

my brother can code java but he's in england so i'd have to call and find out what his availability is.....maybe jeff would like to lend a hand, i hear he's ok with java

this stv is really coming along well.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:31 AM

When you View By Song there is a Play button on the left. This Play button works just like all the other Play buttons that appear there and will play all songs in the list. If you first filter by Genere then view by song you can accomplish what you want.

I intend to use the Java class to import an XML file with a format similar to DVDProfiler. It needs to work like this:

Sample XML:
Code:
<DVD>
   <Title>Jaws</Title>
   <Description>Jaws Description</Description>
</DVD>
I would like the class to work really simple.

Constructor would take in one parameter as the path to the XML document.

XMLImport(path)

Then I really just need one method to get the data.

XMLImport.GetString("DVD", "Title")
Old 12-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

i'll give him a buzz and see if he has time to take care of that. on a similar note would it be possible to add some kind of disk numbering system for offline movies or will this be more inclined to applying solely to locally (or net) stored xvids and dvd rips?

hmm i'll have to play with the music some more then. what would be more intuitive for me would be that when i click on a genre a flyout would ask me to view list or play all. the current method to achieve "play all" is enough to cause my tv screen injury from my wife drilling the remote at it.

i have informed her that i reserve the sole right to drill the remote at the tv and this is entirely limited to football season
Old 12-16-2004, 08:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
When a show ends I really have no idea how you started playing it. The only options would be to send to the main screen of the show type - like My Videos for a library file or My TV for normal recordings. Seems like it just is easier to understand going back to the start. MCE does this also.
Is there any way you could make this configurable via the properties file? I really don't want it to go back to start because I use Meedio for all my other stuff, and I just use Sage for the PVR portion. So the way I have it setup now is the "Home" key mapped to "My TV" menu. If possible, I wouldn't ever want it to take me to the main menu.

Thanks,
Josh

Client 1 & 2: 50in Samsung DLP, 34in Insignia LCD, nMedia HTPC180, WinXP Pro SP2, SageTV Client v7 beta, XBMC, AMD XP2800, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB hdd, ATI HD3450, built-in audio, Firefly
Old 12-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

The STV that re-defined Sage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I like that additional filter idea. I noticed the sizing bug too. I think this is a core rendering bug though. It came when I made that right side scrollable so that you could read the program descriptions and such.
Hum.. Ok, a thought comes to mind. How about (Video Library) on the details page for a video file:
1. Get Rid of the path for the file, and just show the file name at the top,
2. Immediately to the right of the file name (under the clock) show a smaller version of the folder.img,
3. then everything (hopefully where the info.my or info.xml will show up ) below can be in a scrollable box.

Or as an alternative to 1 and 2 show the folder.imgs like you re-implemented the TV Channel Logos in the Guide information.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:53 AM

That whole menu will be revamped once I get that Java class. With it we should be able to view and sort Video Library files just like Sage Recordings so there are a lot of possibilities.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

mlb,

I've got a Java class on sourceforge for pulling info out of a DVD Profiler XML. It should be relatively easy to modify to have it pull the same info from per-movie files. Of course I'm not sure I really have the time to do it myself or not.

Oh, and I've got some ideas about importing media if you want to PM me, perhaps we're thinking the same thing
Old 12-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweep
What I really miss though, is a button or something which enables me te navigate back (or back to home) just using a mouse.
Formerly the 'sage' logo on the left top would bring you back.

Would it be possible to fi place a small icon, like the sleepbutton on home, on various page to navigate back (home) ?
Or a more logical place perhaps, a left or back arrow next to the up & down arrows on the bottom right ?

Cheers
Sweep
Old 12-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweep
Or a more logical place perhaps, a left or back arrow next to the up & down arrows on the bottom right ?

Cheers
Sweep
Mlbdude,

I thought that we wanted to go total remote and not use mouse???

Believe a position needs to be taken!!
Old 12-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemse
Mlbdude,

I thought that we wanted to go total remote and not use mouse???

Believe a position needs to be taken!!
Hehe, I'm using a remote.
Problem is the controller for this remote sometimes crashes, leaving me with just an old mouse laying around to try and regain control over the machine.

Sweep
Old 12-16-2004, 08:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

bug?

not sure if bug or by design:

on the EPG, you get the yellow dot for currently recording.. However, on my 3 tuner system, the one yellow dot only shows on the currently watched station - it doesn't display on the other 2 channels currently being recorded by other tuners. If you click on the detailed Info screen, you can then see the yellow dot - it's just not displayed on the epg screen.

thanks
Old 12-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Sage Icon

The OSD top box that shows up on video files is still really huge. If you can scale it back as much as possible that would rock.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2004, 09:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I have seen this as well
it is really big
Old 12-17-2004, 03:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

request: can you put an option for "REPLAY FROM START" on the recording details page? sometime my wife watches something till near the end, then when I go to watch it, I find out the person voted off, etc. not enough time to push the time scroll back
Old 12-17-2004, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio
request: can you put an option for "REPLAY FROM START" on the recording details page? sometime my wife watches something till near the end, then when I go to watch it, I find out the person voted off, etc. not enough time to push the time scroll back
Just push Stop then Restart.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:08 AM

Quote:
not sure if bug or by design:

on the EPG, you get the yellow dot for currently recording.. However, on my 3 tuner system, the one yellow dot only shows on the currently watched station - it doesn't display on the other 2 channels currently being recorded by other tuners. If you click on the detailed Info screen, you can then see the yellow dot - it's just not displayed on the epg screen.

thanks
I will look into this.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
I have seen this as well
it is really big
I will shrink it a little. The cover art is what makes it big but I can't make it too small or it will not be recognizable.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
LOL! A fellow Survivor/Apprentice/Amazing Race watcher!!!

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 12-17-2004, 11:13 AM
SageTVaholic

can we get a stop button on the stop screen as well
rather than just restart, delete, etc....
Old 12-17-2004, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
can we get a stop button on the stop screen as well
rather than just restart, delete, etc....
Why not juse use the Stop command? Your finger should already be on the button .
Closed Thread