SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 06:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

that's good to know.

i love the music playback ability of mce as you have stated but the biggest pitfall of mce for me is the dvd playback. i love that with sage i can use the sage basic dvd player, insert ffdshow and CUSTOM zoom 2.35:1 aspect movies to fill the screen to keep the wife happy.

if i could have that dvd functionality with mce then it would be hard to say no especially with hdtv being supported and with mce having a custom written vmr9 code.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:25 AM
Sage Expert

I may just have to give MCE a tryout at some point soon. I am hearing very good things about the 2005 version.

I'm still sure that you will come up trumps mlbdude with this STV.

Also - can you have a version of windows MCE installed and then install SageTV onto that same machine?

Last edited by ukmgranger; 10-29-2004 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:00 AM

MCE runs a a service as well so you need to make sure you disable all of them and kill all necessary processes. Then you can run Sage.

I still use Zoomplayer for DVD (on MCE05 box and on the Sage box), but MCE makes it nice and easy to launch other programs and get back in. Not sure about 04, but 05 has zooms and works great on my new 16:9 TV.

I really think the killer deal is their remote/IR blaster kit. The remote rockes, integrates perfectly, works with girder so I can use it for Zoomplayer, and has some learing keys so I can control volume on my hom theater system. Plus is comes with two IR blasters to control two cable boxes.

I wish Sage had something that simple that integrated so well.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Sage User

When I use this STV I get "false" for all of my recordings, future recordings, etc. If I open a "false" recording it displays all the show info correctly though. It also displays over all the titles when I go into the Live TV Guide. What am I doing wrong?
Shuttle SN41G2B | Athlon XP 2600+ 333Mhz FSB | 1GB PC3200 @ 333Mhz| On-Board Audio | Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache | Seagate 200GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache | GeForce FX5200 128MB | Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 | NEC 2.4X DVD+R (stealthed)
Old 10-29-2004, 08:48 AM

What version of Sage are you running? This is a 2.1 only STV. Other than that, I would not know .
Old 10-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Sage User

2.1, eh? Nevermind then!! I'll fix that tonight.
Shuttle SN41G2B | Athlon XP 2600+ 333Mhz FSB | 1GB PC3200 @ 333Mhz| On-Board Audio | Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache | Seagate 200GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache | GeForce FX5200 128MB | Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 | NEC 2.4X DVD+R (stealthed)
Old 10-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
As for the My Music section I am not looking forward to that. Two features I love in MCE are flawless playback of MP3, and WMA as well as awseome integrated CD ripping. I will probably never be able to get Sage to do them since they are core issues.

Very Nice work. The TV stuff is first class. As far as ripping goes. I don't care. I perfer to do my ripping and editing outside of Sage and use the products that best suit my needs. So, I don't care if you put ripping into it. I just want good playback capability.

But I would love to play a Music CD...

Old 10-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
Very Nice work. The TV stuff is first class. As far as ripping goes. I don't care. I perfer to do my ripping and editing outside of Sage and use the products that best suit my needs. So, I don't care if you put ripping into it. I just want good playback capability.

But I would love to play a Music CD...

Gotta' say, that I totally agree with this one!
Old 10-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just ordered the MS Action pack subscription so my MCE 2005 should be here in the next few days. My family isn't very happy about sage at the moment because I constantly change stv's to get the new functionality, but they have to relearn how to use it. I know it's customizable for everyones different tatstes, but the problem is that I keep upgrading and changing to get the new features. I will install MCE and if it is stable like i hear it is, I may change to that and put sage on a spare PC to just play recorded files in another room. Until Studio is released and I have control over what goes in rather then depending on someone else to fix (or even finish) an STV, I may just use MCE...Just my thought though...

I like to get new features, but my problem is lack of self control to just leave it alone...maybe I do need a program that constricts me to just what it gives me....

System:
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.30GHz\2GB RAM\Vista HomeSP2\HDHomerun_firmware_20090802\nVIDIA GeForce 8500GT 8500 GT 512MB\Optical Out to reciever
Software:
SageTV:6.6.2.218|SageMC:6.3.9a pre-release 41|Metadata tools:3.1|Java: 1.6.0_13|sagemc.jar: 6.3.8|Phoenix.jar: 1.43
Old 10-30-2004, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00st3r
I just ordered the MS Action pack subscription so my MCE 2005 should be here in the next few days. My family isn't very happy about sage at the moment because I constantly change stv's to get the new functionality, but they have to relearn how to use it. I know it's customizable for everyones different tatstes, but the problem is that I keep upgrading and changing to get the new features. I will install MCE and if it is stable like i hear it is, I may change to that and put sage on a spare PC to just play recorded files in another room. Until Studio is released and I have control over what goes in rather then depending on someone else to fix (or even finish) an STV, I may just use MCE...Just my thought though...

I like to get new features, but my problem is lack of self control to just leave it alone...maybe I do need a program that constricts me to just what it gives me....
I think MCE is a great program, but that has to be the worst reason I have ever heard to switch . MCE has some good plugins too so check those out. One thing to consider too is that you can't upgrade MCE version very easily. So if you like and MCE06 comes out, it is a full rebuild.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:48 AM

Minor update.

Alpha Preview 2

Changes:
New "Other Programs" menu.
Added set/clear watched and set/clear don't like menu items to Program Info menu. Still need some good icons to display this in the Guide.

To use, configure the property "mlbdude/other_programs=D\:\\temp". Don't use a path with spaces in it.

In that path, dump simple Windows shortcuts to your programs. For an associated image dump in a jpg with the same name.

Old 10-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Sage Icon

whoa! awesome. all i can say...

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Links to ZIP and JPGs broken

screenshots are not showing up (show broken), and the download is not there.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:04 PM

download.sage.tv seems to be down.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Looks like the links are back up.

MLBDude: Please consider allowing us the ability to hide menu items like you did on your first STV. I like this a lot. I would like use it as the interface for my MediaMVP, but since the MediaMVP won't allow things like the DVD or other program options, could you give us the ability to hide menu items again?

Thanks
Old 10-31-2004, 02:25 PM

I am developing this as a closed system like a set top box. Once I am done, I am hoping somone will take it and add in the new XML menu that is out there for the advanced users in the forums. In fact, I would bet on it hapening .
Old 10-31-2004, 04:09 PM

mldbude I don't went sound mean but I don't like idea "Other Programs" menu I perf have it disable or remove becuase by this your turn in Front End Tool, I say if it can't be full enbeded in to SageTV don't add it.
Plases just mainlee focse on My TV, My Picture, My Music, My Video, Play DVD, Setting just like stock SageTV.
Maybe later on you want to do patch add on for thoses kind of advanced thing.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:11 PM

The whole purpose I am doing this STV is to mimic as close as possible MCE05. One of the main things I use is the Other Programs section to launch Zoomplayer or TT.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:39 PM

But then you may as well just use a Frontend Interface in stead of SageTV the thing is MCE05 has enbeded dll plug-in which run with in the same UI.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Sage Expert

Does all this (including "Other Programs") display over a PVR-350 output?

Nice work mlbdude!
Closed Thread