SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

I do
but I would rather see the command
Old 12-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just added the Weather Module to your STV and its working ok except for the location although I have put my zip code 07463 in the properties file when I run it, it shows the weather for zip code 70463 which is LA. Any help appreciated. thanks
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Never Mind found my error. when I ran bat file from command prompt I mis-typed area code. Corrected it.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

When I try to change the start padding on a recording, if I change the padding from a non zero time to zero, it does not save the change. This doesn't happen with the Original STV.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there SageMCE version information anywhere in the STV? I know it should be easy to keep up with what version you are running, but I just sitting here trying to remember if I had installed 4.9.6 or not.

Mike
Old 12-18-2004, 12:19 AM
SageTVaholic

you should have channel icons in the guide now
but not in the guide itself in the detailed info on the bottom next the show info

that was a big change that I cna see right off
Old 12-18-2004, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
When I try to change the start padding on a recording, if I change the padding from a non zero time to zero, it does not save the change. This doesn't happen with the Original STV.
Found it thanks.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ng00se30
Is there SageMCE version information anywhere in the STV? I know it should be easy to keep up with what version you are running, but I just sitting here trying to remember if I had installed 4.9.6 or not.

Mike
No versioning yet until beta. That should happen soon.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude, I noticed when you set padding...

for Start it will say either -1 min Before or 1 min Before
and for Stop it will say either -1 min After or 1 min After

I think it would be less confusing if it were...

1 min Before and 1 min After for both Start and Stop (no use of negatives)

- Josh

Client 1 & 2: 50in Samsung DLP, 34in Insignia LCD, nMedia HTPC180, WinXP Pro SP2, SageTV Client v7 beta, XBMC, AMD XP2800, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB hdd, ATI HD3450, built-in audio, Firefly
Old 12-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Questions Questions.....

First off, I would like to say this stv is awsome! MlbDude, where do I send your presents!

A little Background:
Running SageTV 2.2.2b / SageMCE 4.9.6
Audio out-Coaxial feed from SPDIF to Onkyo reciever AC3 in.
There may be other bits of info you guys need to help me out, just ask and I will hunt it down.

Now, here are my rather "noob" questions / problems / issues:

1) I would like to use the "internal" DVD player in Sage, but I can't get 5.1 sound to be decoded by my reciever. I have played with a lot of the settings in Detailed Setup. I can get audio on most of them, just not surround sound in digital 5.1. I don't know much about audio decoding, but I think I may just not have the right combination of settings and software installed.

2) So.... I added PowerDVD to the "Other Programs" section, when I launch PowerDVD, I get video and no audio at all. Only when I exit SageTV and Run PowerDVD from the desktop do I get full 5.1 surround and video.

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!
(Sorry for the long post)

Thanks again....
Scott
Old 12-18-2004, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

you should download radlight filter manager or zoomplayer and you need to set the audio for the decoder being used in SageTV to spdif output
by default this is probably set to analogue output
Old 12-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

"I will shrink it a little. The cover art is what makes it big but I can't make it too small or it will not be recognizable."

Perhaps on yours you notice this is a slight difference, but on mine the cover art is nowhere close to the edges of the OSD. There is a ton of empty space and the amount seems to vary randomly. So I don't think it has anything specifically to do with the cover art image.

Thanks
Old 12-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Sage User

Still no dice...

Kny, thanks for the suggestions...Nothing I have tried works like I want it to

The only connection I have for audio in my current setup is through the SPDIF connector, so I know that anything I hear is coming out digitally (right?).
I have tried many combinations of settings, some play audio and video (just not in 5.1), some play "choppy" audio and video, some play nothing at all and other setting combinations play audio but "pixalated" video.
I tried ZoomPlayer, it is worse than PowerDVD. (I still had to exit SageTV to get it to play, when it worked).
I also tried AC3Filter, it seemed like nothing was going through it.
I have also determined that if I try to run PowerDVD with SageTV open, I will see video but hear no audio. When I shut down SageTV, PowerDVD plays 5.1 perfectly. Weird!
I would really just prefer to have SageTV play DVD's in 5.1,that way I wouldn't have to launch external programs.
If anybody has other ideas, I am willing to give them a try...
Thanks again for the support.
Scott
Old 12-19-2004, 03:47 AM
SageTVaholic

yeah I am unable to get 5.1 analogue out of SageTV as well
all I get is 2.1 and I cannot hear sh*t
it is so quiet
I just end up giving up cause I am unable to get 5.1 and use WinDVD 6
the sound is nice and the picture is pretty good
although no VMR9 rendering
Old 12-19-2004, 08:37 AM

Upload of 4.9.7.

New changes:
Alternate Guide view (By Channel). Guide command will bring this up WHEN you are sitting on a show that is currently airing. Otherwise Guide command initially works as before.

New Options menu in Guide.

New ShowIcons by default. Thanks all that contributed!

Stop menu is now a popup. Not as elegant but gets past a couple of issues.

Various bug fixes including issues with Recurring Recording settings screen.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Sage Icon

Great changes... The OSD sizing seems to be perfected now. The stop screen could be smaller a little..

What exactly is showicons and how do I see them?
Old 12-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Sage User

More questions...

Next item up for bids....

Please see the attached screen shot.
Should I be seeing both of these windows overlayed like this? Or should I only be seeing one?
And, how do I shut one of them off?
It's pretty annoying to see two.

Thanks guys...
Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenCap.jpg (86.8 KB, 229 views)
Old 12-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Upload of 4.9.7.

New changes:
Alternate Guide view (By Channel). Guide command will bring this up WHEN you are sitting on a show that is currently airing. Otherwise Guide command initially works as before.

New Options menu in Guide.

New ShowIcons by default. Thanks all that contributed!

Stop menu is now a popup. Not as elegant but gets past a couple of issues.

Various bug fixes including issues with Recurring Recording settings screen.

What are the ShowIcons? Where are they?

The stop menu does seem a little big, and inconsistent with the rest of the STV, how about making it the same size as any of the existing Options menus. Will it successfully popup at the end of a video/show and be on top of the last frame of the source? If so then cool, if not then why break from the full screen for stop stuff?

I know you know this but, the folder.img are still too large in the Video Information portion.

Depending on your response with the ShowIcons, I have an idea. I may PM you later on...
Old 12-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude:

did you happen to implement auto-support of the MCE remote ? It seems that the STV is automatically recognizing certain buttons on my remote: play, ff, rew, record, etc. whereas before I was using girder. I couldn't figure out why everything was double-pressing until I disabled girder and it was still recognizing my remote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
What are the ShowIcons? Where are they?

The stop menu does seem a little big, and inconsistent with the rest of the STV, how about making it the same size as any of the existing Options menus. Will it successfully popup at the end of a video/show and be on top of the last frame of the source? If so then cool, if not then why break from the full screen for stop stuff?

I know you know this but, the folder.img are still too large in the Video Information portion.

Depending on your response with the ShowIcons, I have an idea. I may PM you later on...
Video Information screen is on hold until I figure something out with this Java import class.

The ShowIcons are the icons usedto identify watch, don't like, manual record etc. You should notice they are different. Under the SageMC images folder is a folder called ShowIcons. You can have different sets if you want.

Stop menu is supposed to be full screen or as close to it. It is NOT a popup. Unfortunately due to the Overscan settings that Sage uses I had to change it to a popup or have the edges scanned in. And, yet it auto comes up at the end of a show.
Closed Thread