SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Good question, let me think about that.

-edit

It's fixed.

Last edited by stanger89; 12-24-2004 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:10 PM

Seems like a chicken and the egg type thing .
Old 12-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

umm.. ummm. Stutter, ehh?

Does this mean I need to redownload? cuz it's fixed?

Most Confused (but happy.)
Old 12-24-2004, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Not til mlb says so, I fixed the class he's using, but he will need to set up a new download for it (and maybe change some of the inner workings of his STV).
Old 12-24-2004, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
umm.. ummm. Stutter, ehh?

Does this mean I need to redownload? cuz it's fixed?

Most Confused (but happy.)
I am not going to put up a new download for a day or so until I update and do a little unit testing. I would just skip those like that for now.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via Yahoo to sixdoubleo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I am not going to put up a new download for a day or so until I update and do a little unit testing. I would just skip those like that for now.
mlbdude....awesome job. I have silently been running your MC STV for about 2 months now and I love it. I use the MC theme for Meedio, and by using your STV I'm able to maintain a very consistent look and feel. Excellent work.

One question....and sorry if this has been asked before. Is there any easy way for me to remove some of the main menu items, like "My Pictures". As I said, I'm running Meedio, so I have all these things out in the meedio menu.

Thanks again
Old 12-26-2004, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixdoubleo
mlbdude....awesome job. I have silently been running your MC STV for about 2 months now and I love it. I use the MC theme for Meedio, and by using your STV I'm able to maintain a very consistent look and feel. Excellent work.

One question....and sorry if this has been asked before. Is there any easy way for me to remove some of the main menu items, like "My Pictures". As I said, I'm running Meedio, so I have all these things out in the meedio menu.

Thanks again
Try the options command on the Start menu.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via Yahoo to sixdoubleo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Try the options command on the Start menu.
Holdy crap! I never even knew that was there. Thanks. (embarassed)

Now what about renaming "My Videos" and "My TV" to something? I take it that's part of the STV?
Old 12-26-2004, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixdoubleo
Holdy crap! I never even knew that was there. Thanks. (embarassed)

Now what about renaming "My Videos" and "My TV" to something? I take it that's part of the STV?
Yes, that is not something you can change.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

New "My Videos" xml information very sluggish

I have a large dvd collection (about 300) and using the output of DVD profiler makes the UI very sluggish (I have timed up to 20 seconds between selecting a movie and seeing the detailed information). I guess this is to be expected with one large file. Is there anyway to speed this up or to get DVD profiler to output individual xml files for each movie and avoid the search time.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
I have a large dvd collection (about 300) and using the output of DVD profiler makes the UI very sluggish (I have timed up to 20 seconds between selecting a movie and seeing the detailed information). I guess this is to be expected with one large file. Is there anyway to speed this up or to get DVD profiler to output individual xml files for each movie and avoid the search time.
The only way to avoid this is to use individual XML files with each DVD. Stanger89 (who wrote the DVDProfile lib) has also written a utility to read in the one XML and spit out multiple XML files. We felt this would be usefull for users just as yourself. This will be included in future release. For now, however I am attaching the file and his instructions. Feel free to test for us .

Quote:
One more thing, I've attached a class that will generate the appropriate folders and individual XMLs (and optionally copy the pictures). Just put it in the same directory as the other java classes (DVDPro2Sage I think) in your SageTV directory (mlb, feel free to stick this in your package). Also remove the txt from the end of the filename.

To use it, just open a command prompt, go the the directory you placed the file and enter:
java writeDVDs PathtoXML PathtoWrite 1

Where PathtoXML is the path to your DVD Profiler XML and PathtoWrite is the path to where you want the folders/XMLs created
The last parameter is 1 to copy the images, or 0 to not.
Attached Files
File Type: txt writeDVDs.class.txt (939 Bytes, 163 views)
Old 12-27-2004, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

mlb,

Just curious, but does it read the XML every time or only once?

and for those of you who want to split it up...

Rename the file mlb posted (remove the .txt) then put it in the same folder as the DVDPro2Sage.class file.

Then at a command prompt type
Code:
java writeDVDs "d:\collection.xml" "d:\foo" 1
Where d:\collection.xml is the location of your exported XML file, d:\foo is the location containing your DVDs and 1 is for copy the pictures too (1 for yes, 0 for no).
Old 12-27-2004, 11:03 AM

The XML information is read each time the user goes to the video information screen.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the help. I have tried the WriteDVDs.class file. I placed in the DVDPro2Sage folder, created C;\collection.xml and typed the following

java writeDVDs "c:\collection.xml" "C:\myMovies" 1

I get the error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: WriteDVDs

Any help would be appreciated
Old 12-27-2004, 01:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Looks like you typed it wrong. It's "writeDVDs" not "WriteDVDs"
Old 12-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I made an error in the transposition of the error to the reply but the command on the CLI was "writeDVDs"
Old 12-27-2004, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Then in that case, when you type that command, are you in the same directory as the writeDVDs.class file? And is that file in the same directory as DVDPro2Sage.class?
Old 12-27-2004, 04:56 PM

Last Alpha posted! 4.9.9.

Finally finished My TV menus. All should have new look now.

Added the ability to zoom a video library cover image. The cover in the detailed info is now a button.

Added new property to My Videos menu. "Cache Collection Meta Data Locally". This will cause a local copy of the XML data to be created the first time it is found in the master collection.xml. This should help those with large collections. By default this is disabled. Did not want to write anything to your HD by default.

That should be it. Please post any bugs you find. I am in feature freeze now and will start the beta shortly. Hopefully we did a good enough job during the Alpha phase to get through it quickly.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Sage Icon

Since attempting to impliment this xml information I'm experiencing really bad reaction time from Sage. Not to mention the fact that I can't seem to get it to display any extra info. And I can not find this new option to cache it locally either.

Any help for a complete newbie to xml and dvd profiler? I have all my dvds ripped to xvid files, if that's any help.

EDIT: I have this installed on a client machine and I'm doing everything there, does that require anything special?

Last edited by Wheemer; 12-27-2004 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Since attempting to impliment this xml information I'm experiencing really bad reaction time from Sage. Not to mention the fact that I can't seem to get it to display any extra info. And I can not find this new option to cache it locally either.

Any help for a complete newbie to xml and dvd profiler? I have all my dvds ripped to xvid files, if that's any help.

EDIT: I have this installed on a client machine and I'm doing everything there, does that require anything special?
Is this property correct in your system?

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=

The option to enable caching will only appear in the options menu if Sage can successfully open the collection.xml file as specified in your meta_data_colleciton.xml property.

If you are running this from a client AND plan on using individual XML files or to have the client cache the data, you will need to make sure your driver mappings on the client are similar to the server. For example, if the file was imported from the server as m:\movies\comedy\fletch.avi then your client machine would need to be able to read and write to that same path using the m: drive.

I just tested myself with no collection.xml available and no local XML files. I cannot tell a difference in performance from before. Though that is on my super fast 1Ghz machine . You may have found some combination that would cause performance degradation though.
Closed Thread