SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 07:16 PM

Ok, I loaded an old STV and did notice a performance penalty when tyring to load XML data even if it is not there. I have added an additional option to My Videos to disable this feature all together for those that don't want it. It will be in Beta 1.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Any help for a complete newbie to xml and dvd profiler? I have all my dvds ripped to xvid files, if that's any help.

EDIT: I have this installed on a client machine and I'm doing everything there, does that require anything special?
Make sure the XML file is accessible from the server. For example put it on one or your shared drives. If you can't get it to work post some paths and we'll see if we can get you hooked up.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:42 PM

This might be a bug. If that is how it is now, that is not how I intend for it to be.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

hey mlbdude:

anyway you can modify the behavior of the guide when you pick a show - instead of going to the detail screen can it just bring up the show? This is the default action of sage - when you pick a show that is currently on, it will just show it. Currently, it goes to the detail screen and you then have to press "WATCH NOW".
Old 12-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not using the SageMC stv on my server, and I have the xml file in it's default location on the client... Should I change it to the shared location as suggested? Because it still doesn't load anything and I never get the option to save locally. It looks like it's not picking up the xml at all...

I did notice that my major slow down was because of a p2p application and not this change. I installed the p2p app at the same time... Removed it and access seems to be fine without major delay.

There actually doesn't really seem to be a difference wether the xml file is there or not.

EDIT: I got it working... thanks for your help!

Last edited by Wheemer; 12-28-2004 at 03:38 AM.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:43 AM
Sage Icon

Not all the images I have for my video files are verticle rectangles... Can the outlined box be "smart" and not always take the same verticle rectangle shape? Also it would be nice if when clicking on a horizontal image it enlarged more horizontally...

When enlarging a normal DVD cover image, the selection outline extends off the screen, can this be reduced?

It would be wonderful to have a "my Movies" and a "my Videos" on the main screen. Since the majority of video files are movies, however some of them are music videos or compressed tv shows...

Thanks, it's getting really good now, keep up the amazing progress!
Old 12-28-2004, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio
hey mlbdude:

anyway you can modify the behavior of the guide when you pick a show - instead of going to the detail screen can it just bring up the show? This is the default action of sage - when you pick a show that is currently on, it will just show it. Currently, it goes to the detail screen and you then have to press "WATCH NOW".
That is what the Play button is for.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Not all the images I have for my video files are verticle rectangles... Can the outlined box be "smart" and not always take the same verticle rectangle shape? Also it would be nice if when clicking on a horizontal image it enlarged more horizontally...

When enlarging a normal DVD cover image, the selection outline extends off the screen, can this be reduced?

It would be wonderful to have a "my Movies" and a "my Videos" on the main screen. Since the majority of video files are movies, however some of them are music videos or compressed tv shows...

Thanks, it's getting really good now, keep up the amazing progress!
Unfortunately I have to set a max size on one of the axis - horizontal or viertical. Otherwise the image would push the other items off the menu. Right now it has a max fixed height height.

Also, my Videos is already on the main menu. I assume my Movies you mean the Moves section under My TV. That is also accessible from the Start menu under the my TV popup menu.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Sage Icon

I was specifically refering to ripped movies not from the tv. It's not that important, so forget it...

I've noticed the dual channel display OSD come up when I'm using my Hauppage remote. While using my ati remote this doesn't happen... It's sort of annoying, the bottom box has the channel you were just watching while the top has the channel your tuning to. Can this be fixed?

As far as the larger view of the DVD covers goes, if you can't change it then I'll live with it. However I really think the outline of the pop up for the image should have the edges pulled in closer to the edges of the image. Right now it sorta looks weird that the top and bottom of the image popup box extend off the screen. Can't you set a max width and a max height and have the image zoom till one axis hits that limit? I mean the popup window already covers everything so it might aswell be larger width wise too.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Eeerm Dumb question:-

The title of the topic says V4.9.9 , but the Zip download file is for 4.9.8 according to the new download instructions.

Apologies if this has been asked before, I took a break over Xmas from Forums and tweaking.

Cheers

Mark
Old 12-29-2004, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I was specifically refering to ripped movies not from the tv. It's not that important, so forget it...

I've noticed the dual channel display OSD come up when I'm using my Hauppage remote. While using my ati remote this doesn't happen... It's sort of annoying, the bottom box has the channel you were just watching while the top has the channel your tuning to. Can this be fixed?
The dual OSD is normal. Since you were watching a previous recording and it is not in the list of currently airing shows the second OSD comes up as a mini-guide to what is currently playing.

Not sure why it works differently between remotes. It will come up with the use of the Up or Down command.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkimar
Eeerm Dumb question:-

The title of the topic says V4.9.9 , but the Zip download file is for 4.9.8 according to the new download instructions.

Apologies if this has been asked before, I took a break over Xmas from Forums and tweaking.

Cheers

Mark
Thanks I'll check the post and edit it.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
The dual OSD is normal. Since you were watching a previous recording and it is not in the list of currently airing shows the second OSD comes up as a mini-guide to what is currently playing.

Not sure why it works differently between remotes. It will come up with the use of the Up or Down command.
is there any way to disable the second OSD? i don't mind it but the wife whines about it all the friggin' time.

also i get random crashes when i have the video preview window enabled (think it may be related to my pvr 250 drivers since they are about 15 months old) where the sage UI hard locks itself but remains at almost 0% cpu usage rather than the 100% that you might expect in this instance.

disabling the video preview window remedies this but then you can't get into the music vizualizations! any chance we can get a vizualizations button added?
Old 12-29-2004, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole
is there any way to disable the second OSD? i don't mind it but the wife whines about it all the friggin' time.

also i get random crashes when i have the video preview window enabled (think it may be related to my pvr 250 drivers since they are about 15 months old) where the sage UI hard locks itself but remains at almost 0% cpu usage rather than the 100% that you might expect in this instance.

disabling the video preview window remedies this but then you can't get into the music vizualizations! any chance we can get a vizualizations button added?
I think the problem is that people confuse the mini-browser as the OSD. It is my fault for making them look the same. After this 1.0 I will make them look different so as not to confuse. If you used my MlbDude2.STV you would know what I am talking about .

After 1.0 release I will look into adding a Visualization button. For now, just use the TV command - and fix that crashing problem .
Old 12-29-2004, 09:52 AM

Beta 1 is out. Just a few minor cosmetic changes.

Bug fix:
All meta XML files now do NOT have to be visible by the server - should be easier to manage now.

Check first post for download and new beta documentation. Anyone interrested in doing some more documentation for this?
Old 12-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Beta 1 is out. Just a few minor cosmetic changes.

Bug fix:
All meta XML files now do NOT have to be visible by the server - should be easier to manage now.

Check first post for download and new beta documentation. Anyone interrested in doing some more documentation for this?

What do you need (Documentation)? (Is that why the last two pages are blank???)

And what do you mean by meta XML files do not have to be visible by the server???

First BUG:? When under My TV/Movies/Genres (Select any one) If you go into detail on a movie then press the back button, you go back two levels to the Movie list without any Genres specified. Should you not go back into the list with the Genre still selected? Then if you wanted to clear the Genre selection press back again?

Last edited by edbmdave; 12-29-2004 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
What do you need (Documentation)? (Is that why the last two pages are blank???)

And what do you mean by meta XML files do not have to be visible by the server???
If there is an area that you think needs more description, any paragraphs of text I can use would be great. I can put it to images.

The bug is referring to if you were using a client and trying to access a central collection that you had locally you could not because the server could not see it.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

First BUG:? When under My TV/Movies/Genres (Select any one) If you go into detail on a movie then press the back button, you go back two levels to the Movie list without any Genres specified. Should you not go back into the list with the Genre still selected? Then if you wanted to clear the Genre selection press back again?

And the option you show on page 9 of the documentation for "Cache Collection Meta Data Locally" does not show on the options for the Video Menu, unless the "Look for Meta Data for video files is enabled".
Old 12-29-2004, 10:22 AM

I can't duplicate that My Movies issue you have. However it did lead me to another.

I will add that note about the Video Menu options to the docs. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think the problem is that people confuse the mini-browser as the OSD. It is my fault for making them look the same. After this 1.0 I will make them look different so as not to confuse. If you used my MlbDude2.STV you would know what I am talking about .

After 1.0 release I will look into adding a Visualization button. For now, just use the TV command - and fix that crashing problem .
I too, have some random crashes which I'm not sure to what to attribute. It occurs when I'm in the detail menu and I press "WATCH NOW". It works for about 5-6 channel changes, on the seventh, it will lock up, cpu at 0%. maybe it is also preview window related.
Closed Thread