SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

First I like to say the reason I bought SageTV over MCE was because of this STV. Personally I like the style of this STV as well as having the support of a large user group and active editors/coders.

My questions comes from Sage's ability to only keep one of each episode. However last night Sage recorder to copies of the same episode of inuyasha on cartoon netowrk; same for wolf's rain. Is there something I am missing in general or is this a bug with this STV. To much of a newbie to know the difference yet

Second...is there a back command in this STV. in the default STV you can usually just hit the left arrow and you go back to the previous menu. Is there an equivalent button for this (right now I am using a keyboard). Do I need to bind a new key or something?

Again...Thanks MLBdude. Your STV is the reason the wife let me build this box w/ little grief (there is always grief when spending money on electronics).

-tReP
Old 12-29-2004, 10:44 AM

SageTV has an actual Back command. You need to get something bound to it.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:10 AM

OK bad news. I can duplicate the lockup when using the Preview window. That should be good but I can't figure out why it is happening. I have posted a help topic offline so I am hoping to get some help on this. It is possible I have uncovered a bug in Sage, but hopefully it is just something I am doing wrong in the STV.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
OK bad news. I can duplicate the lockup when using the Preview window. That should be good but I can't figure out why it is happening. I have posted a help topic offline so I am hoping to get some help on this. It is possible I have uncovered a bug in Sage, but hopefully it is just something I am doing wrong in the STV.

hmmm.. it's not just your theme - the mekell theme with the preview window enabled and going through the "WATCH NOW" info box also has occasional lockup. it must be a sage 2.1 issue...

it's strange though -if I have the preview video window enabled, I can avoid lockup by pressing 'PLAY" to directly play the shows. if I go through the detail info, "WATCH NOW" diaglogue, that's when it locks.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

I've had random lock ups with the Preview window ever since the early betas of 2.1, and it got somewhat more often in v2.2. And that's even when using the OriginalV2.stv.

I haven't been able to pinpoint anything causing it though since it doesn't do it every time, just a few times a day. Didn't have this problem back in v2.0 though, so something changed.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Sage User

I have one request and one bug to report.

1) This request was mentioned a few days ago and that is to show the episode of the show when you go into a show grouping folder. Page 4 of your documention shows where you are in the Cops folder and shows a list of episodes all with the title Cops. Ideally it would show the actual episode title for each when grouped by show.

2) BUG - If you delete a show within a grouping folder, the show doesn't disappear until you leave the folder and go back in it.

By the way, thanks for putting in the navigation between episodes using the REW and FWD buttons

Mlbdude, I think this STV is awesome work and if you want donations, please let me know where to throw some money. I know you could use some help with documentation but as I consultant that travels alot I just can't commit that type of time. Regardless, thanks for your hard and outstanding work.

David
Old 12-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I’m about to make quite a few suggestions, but before I start getting critical, I wanted to say what a phenomenal difference this STV makes on my enjoyment of SageTV. You have done an amazing job and I can’t thank you enough for you work. I only wish I had access to Studio as well so that I could help out directly without having to just beg. Anyway, here goes:

Manage Conflicts
I don’t fully understand the “Manage Conflicts” screen. When I select a show with a conflict and click “Manage Conflicts” I see that the show will not be recorded, but it isn’t immediately clear why it won’t be recorded. The text at the top currently says:

MyShow will not be recorded due to a scheduling conflict. Choose an action below….

Perhaps it could say something like:

MyShow will not be recorded due to a scheduling conflict with OtherShow. Choose an action below….

Second, there are only two options presented:
1. Do not record MyShow
2. Always record MyShow instead of OtherShow

I would suggest a third (actually in between these other two), and perhaps even a fourth:

3. Record MyShow instead of OtherShow this time
4. Always record OtherShow instead of MyShow

So the list would look like this:

1. (Default) Do not record MyShow
2. Record MyShow instead of OtherShow this time
3. Always record MyShow instead of OtherShow
4. Always record OtherShow instead of MyShow

Archive
Ok, so in SageMC parlance “Archived” is simple a “Do Not Delete Ever” tag? Is there no notion of a separate area for archived shows? That’s a bummer for me, although reading through this thread it seems like I’m the only one who would miss that feature. I loved being able to put shows into a separate archive away from my current selection of viewing material but available for the future. Is there any chance we’ll see this return, or is it gone for good? Is there at least a way to filter out archived shows from the rest of my list in the same way you can filter out the rest of the list and only see archived shows?

How do you unarchive shows?

Perhaps “Send To” isn’t the best way to kick off this process. After clicking “Send to…” and then “Archive” nothing happens. It felt like a bug. Perhaps you could display the padlock icon immediately after clicking “Archive” so that there’s some visual indication that something has happened.

Deleting
There are several issues with deleting. When you delete an item from a grouped list (for instance one episode of a group of episodes from the same show), then the list itself doesn’t properly update. You have to go up one level and then back down for the list to update (i.e. for the deleted show to disappear). There are a few other quirks, but I can’t recall them off the top of my head.

By the way, in general I love the way deleting is handled with this STV. It’s soooo much better than the default one and much closer to what one would intuitively expect.

Guide Filter
It isn’t immediately obvious that the three buttons on the left aren’t part of the same set at the four on the right. Perhaps they should be shaded differently or a thin separator line could be placed between those three and the other four.

Again, thanks for doing this STV. It's great stuff.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watter
How do you unarchive shows?
Unless this (or some other) STV adds such an option, I accidentally found one thing that unarchived shows... exit SageTV completely & move the archived recording to another Video Dir where recordings are stored. The show will lose its archive setting. Of course, with pre-v2.2.2 versions, you ran the risk of having the file deleted if IR is off or that clear partials property was set to true... there's always the danger that the roof will collapse on you when you pull out some ancient/archived artifact from its original setting.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Sage User

Question

mlbdude...

...did you already or do you plan to have a look at the translation? You provide SageMC_i18n_en.properties in your beta-release but translating this file still doesn't work (it works in the original stv).

However...I understand that fixing the functionality issues is more important and it may be a pain in the a** to use translation strings in coding, but for everyone outside the english-speaking countrys it would be really great if it was possible for you to implement this feature in the future.

thanks
holozaen
Old 12-30-2004, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holozaen
mlbdude...

...did you already or do you plan to have a look at the translation? You provide SageMC_i18n_en.properties in your beta-release but translating this file still doesn't work (it works in the original stv).

However...I understand that fixing the functionality issues is more important and it may be a pain in the a** to use translation strings in coding, but for everyone outside the english-speaking countrys it would be really great if it was possible for you to implement this feature in the future.

thanks
holozaen
I have no idea how to do the translations. There is nothing different for me to do in Studio. From what I am told all we have to do is modify that export file with the new strings. However, I have yet to get it to work.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid
So we are close... I am using all the functions on my MCE remote with Sage and your SageMC skin. I am not sure which functions you are not seeing? The trick to make it work is to ensure you get both IR codes/per button learned as the remote toggles between two IR codes to handle holding down the buttons and having fast repeat. Once this skin is done I will be thrilled... The only question will be how to get commercial skip added.... (This was NOT a request )

Andy
What are the chances of getting commercial skip functionality included? That's the only thing keeping me from switching today.

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 12-30-2004, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutaw
What are the chances of getting commercial skip functionality included? That's the only thing keeping me from switching today.
Never from me. Maybe when 1.0 is out someone will make a branced version with it.

When Jere is done with his new project I may take a look at it.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Sage Icon

Eh, your loss. 98+ percent of the time it commercial detects perfectly for me, and is all the proof I need of its usefulness.

I was very sour on this idea coming from Snapstream where detection was MAYBE 85% for me.

Now that it is (literally) 98+% correct I can't live without it. And if Jere's next generation is even better, than yay. If not, no big deal as it works well enough now to keep as-is.

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Never from me. Maybe when 1.0 is out someone will make a branced version with it.

When Jere is done with his new project I may take a look at it.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
Eh, your loss. 98+ percent of the time it commercial detects perfectly for me, and is all the proof I need of its usefulness.

I was very sour on this idea coming from Snapstream where detection was MAYBE 85% for me.

Now that it is (literally) 98+% correct I can't live without it. And if Jere's next generation is even better, than yay. If not, no big deal as it works well enough now to keep as-is.

Jason Bottjen
*Sigh* Oh well, I had to ask, cuz when it comes down to it, I just can't use SageTV anymore without the commercial skipping.

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 12-30-2004, 03:42 PM

It is just too fast to use the skip to get through a commercial to be usefull for me. It has little do do with the accuracy at least until it gets to 100% or maybe 99% and I can just watch a show without the nagging feeling that I might have missed something.

Jere's new version may make it because it is less obtrusive and won't be as troubleshome.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:55 PM

Beta 2 is out. Check first post for changes and download. Some deep down changes occured to handle a couple of items. Hope I did not break too much (preview window has me most concerned) .
Old 12-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think I found a bug...

When you go to Recorded TV, select a series. Then if you click on Record Series, it'll set a series "()" to record. This will cause everything on every channel to be set to be recorded. Then same happens if you do Advanced Record and save it.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
I think I found a bug...

When you go to Recorded TV, select a series. Then if you click on Record Series, it'll set a series "()" to record. This will cause everything on every channel to be set to be recorded. Then same happens if you do Advanced Record and save it.
Thanks! That was a good one.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

OK, has anybody else noticed having to press Play more than once to get to the video screen. It seems like 1 press will start playing (I hear audio) but it takes a second to actually go to the video screen.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
OK, has anybody else noticed having to press Play more than once to get to the video screen. It seems like 1 press will start playing (I hear audio) but it takes a second to actually go to the video screen.
You using Beta 2? There was a change made to how the Play command operates with items. It should be only one click now, where prior it was one to bring it into the preview window then one to go to full screen.
Closed Thread