SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to LegolasX21E Send a message via Yahoo to LegolasX21E
I really Like this STV, but im running beta2, and there is no back button!(except on the detailed settings page)
Old 01-01-2005, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
need a manual recording icon
There already is one. Single red disk.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegolasX21E
I really Like this STV, but im running beta2, and there is no back button!(except on the detailed settings page)
Use the back command on your remote control.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watter
mlbdude, you've been one of the folks who has gernally been against the idea that Sage needs a Tivo-like ff and rw. You've said that you are able to do quite well with the current skip method. The statement above reinforces this. In the three years I've been using SageTV I've still not become as proficient with getting past commericals using the skip method as I used to be with Tivo's ff method.

What's your secret? I'm not being facetious. I don't see Frey adding in Tivo like fw any time soon so I'd like to get some tips for using what's currently available. What are your ff and ff2 skip intervals set to? What strategy do you use to get past commercials (i.e. ff2 twice then rw once?)

I'd be more than happy to stop pining for a Tivo-like ff and rw if I could just get as good with the skip method as I used to be with Tivo's ff. I have a buddy who still uses Tivo and whenever I watch things on his set I still marvel at how quickly and accurately I can get through the commercials.
I use either Timescroll or ff2 first at the default interval (I think TS is at 2.5 minutes). Then two or three normal ff's forward will usually get me into the program. Then one rew to get me a couple of seconds out of it. I am sure it would be possible to try and get that closer by extending the ff2 or Timescroll but I like to see the last couple of seconds of commercials when possible to be sure I have not missed anything. Even when I was trying commercial skip with BTV I would skip back to be sure. In the end it was just easier and more consistent to use the skips.

I have been using MCE for a couple of months now. It has both smooth FF and skips (however it only has the ff skip equivalent). The smooth FF even has a configurable "jump back" when you start playing again. Even with all that I still prefer to use the skips (just a lot more button pressed in MCE).
Old 01-01-2005, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxcoop
mlbdude,

Beta 2 is really nice. But I think I found a bug. When you play a record tv show, and press pause, then play again, there is no sound. I removed beta 2 and am just running the default stv and this does not occure.

Also, is there anyway to turn off those sounds?

Thank you for all your hard work and happy new year to all.
I cannot duplicate the pause/play issue. Anyone else?
Old 01-01-2005, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

setup a manual recording and go to the schedule
there is no icon for it there
Old 01-01-2005, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
setup a manual recording and go to the schedule
there is no icon for it there
Recording icons only show in the Guide, Program Info, or OSD only.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
There already is one. Single red disk.
it doesn't show up if it's a favorite and you decide to manually record it. Shows up on OSD but NOT on guide.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio
it doesn't show up if it's a favorite and you decide to manually record it. Shows up on OSD but NOT on guide.
Thanks, will fix that.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Sage User

Is there any sort of music visualization or blank screen that can be shown while playing music? Ideally I would like to have the option to have a completely blank screen for when playing romantic music.

David
Old 01-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage
Ideally I would like to have the option to have a completely blank screen for when playing romantic music.
Step 1. Pick up the remote for your TV
Step 2. Press the 'Power' button
Step 3. <insert your own action(s) here..... >

Andy.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Sage User

mlbdude,

Is there any way to add an optional command that can be sent, such as to an executable, when one is at the home screen and the Sage back command is received by Sage? This would be nice for those of us using another front end (Meedio in my case) so that the transition can appear seemless. So, when I'm at the main screen of Sage, if I press back on my remote, the command will be sent to Girder (in my case) to change focus from Sage to Meedio. Right now, I know how to add a call to an external program and add a menu item called "Back", but this menu item has to be selected for the command to the external program to be activated, and I know of no way to tie the Sage Command "Back" to this new menu item.

Thanks,

dougrob
Old 01-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
Step 1. Pick up the remote for your TV
Step 2. Press the 'Power' button
Step 3. <insert your own action(s) here..... >
That would work if I had a stereo hooked up in the bedroom but I don't. Therefore I would like to play the music out of the TV but blank the screen. In the living room your directions would work well though.

David
Old 01-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
----------
Even when I was trying commercial skip with BTV I would skip back to be sure. In the end it was just easier and more consistent to use the skips.
-----------
Have you tried comskip lately? It has a skip back setting on resume of playback. You could set this to 3 secs to insure you don't miss anything. If you gain confidence in the algorithms, you can start to shorten it until Poof - no commercials
Old 01-01-2005, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands
Have you tried comskip lately? It has a skip back setting on resume of playback. You could set this to 3 secs to insure you don't miss anything. If you gain confidence in the algorithms, you can start to shorten it until Poof - no commercials
No I don't bother with comskip because it is still really "dirty" and tends to cause more issues that I like. Jere knows this though and is working on an implementation that hopefully will not try and take over my machine.

You guys need to try and talk one of the other STV developers into doing a branced version of this. Seems like you all want that bad .
Old 01-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Sage User

Question

This STV is great !! Thanks mlbdude !

Anyone using this STV with the MCE remote ?

I'm using it with the MCE remote 2005 and latest SageTV2.2.2beta. Most of the keys (including "go back" ) work out of the box. 4 of the keys ("recorded TV", "guide", "LiveTV", "DVD menu" and "more" I could make work using Girder. The green start key, though, I can't detect with Girder.

The other problem is that the FWD\REW keys behave the same as the SKIP\REPLAY keys respectively : they advance or go back 10 seconds. I would like to change that but I don't see anything in Sage to do that. Trying to skip comercials in 10seconds jumps really sucks !

Could somebody help me please ?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Sage Icon

Mlbdude;

I'm having issues again with the xml data... I don't really know what I did to have it working on my client, but I was able to get it. Now that I'm attempting the same thing on my server, for some reason all I get is the "Overview" title without anything else. All is setup exactly like my client. I'm at a lose as to what the problem may be, can you offer any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2005, 11:41 PM

Instead of ripping my dvds to my harddrive Is there a way I can get the stv to ask to insert disk? I've setup my library using dvdprofiler and the data is listed correctly. the problem is when I hit play I get an error message b/c there is no file in the video_ts directory. This would be a nice feature b/c you could still browse dvd's but not have to store each one of them on the hard drive.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Sage Icon

Also, about the miniguide or whatever it's called... The Hauppauge remote uses the alternative channel change command, since it's sharing the up and down keys with thte channel up and down. This is why I'm seeing the two osd screen come up. Since there are alot of people who use sage with the remote that came with their PVR 250 can you please offer a setting somewhere to diable the miniguide entirely. I will never use it and it's really annoying.

Thank a lot as always for your hard work!
Old 01-02-2005, 05:30 AM
Sage User

1. Music Playback

With the origianl STV skin when you press play in the Music Jukebox the music plays and you get the awful coloured waterfall screen. With you wonderful STV the music simply plays. Thats fine but I am not able to adjust the volume. I think this is due to the fact that I use the old Hauppauge remote via USB UIRT and have the left key set to both Left and Volume. Is it possiible to configure your STV so that when you play MP3 you get the coulred waterfall as before?

2. Preview mode

With the release of Beta 2 a preview box of currently playing TV has been introduced. Is it possible to turn this off?

Finally many thanks for your hard work. use the old hauppauge remote.
Closed Thread