SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Sage User

mlbdude,

RC1 fixed the play/pause sound issue

Thank you.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:42 PM
SageTVaholic

where did he get this background image?
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...achmentid=1705

I do not have this image?
and it is not in the Beta or RC1?
Old 01-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Sage Icon

It's sorta taken from images posted on Media Portal's forum...

Last edited by Wheemer; 01-04-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Sage User

This is a great STV. I hope you can help me get past my problem. When watching Live TV the image will stutter when there is a lot of motion. If I switch back to the original STV everything is fine. It acts like it's hardware bound but the CPU is only running 30-50%.

I'm running a PIII 1.2GHz, 512MB, Sage 2.1, beta 2 of SageMC. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:18 AM
SageTVaholic

got it
I was thinking I missed something

but it would be cool if we had a different image like that on every screen
Old 01-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Sage Icon

Just pop that into your images folder and you've got it... The plain blue was getting to me...
Old 01-03-2005, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

but my idea was having a different background miage for each sub menu would be nice
not just the film roll
Old 01-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to enable Nielms add on menu for IMDB lookup abiltity on the show screens for TV shows / Live TV ?

Nice work with the STV, BTW

Cheers

Last edited by redman; 01-03-2005 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Where do i post an error with the weather? It has been working for so long and only just stopped. I ran the debug window and got:
"Exceptoin in thread 'main' java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: GetWeather3"

Thanks (love the STV)

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 01-03-2005, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
Where do i post an error with the weather? It has been working for so long and only just stopped. I ran the debug window and got:
"Exceptoin in thread 'main' java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: GetWeather3"

Thanks (love the STV)
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...hlight=weather
Old 01-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I noticed a bud in the "Series" settings for a show. When I go to tell a Series to only record from one channel, I get the plus and minus, like on the other settings, but it switches between one random channel and Any.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
Also, is anyone else having problems with the weather module receiving data? I had previously got a non-standard path to the STV but changed it this time to the 'standard' (originalV2) path and now I can't retrieve data. I'll play with it some more but I guess it's possible that the problem is the feed - is it working for everyone else?
I fixed the problem by removing all the 'weather' lines in the properties file and reinitializing the weather module. The reason was (as mentioned above) that the path to all the weather files had changed. Sorry 'bout that....

Andy.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner
I noticed a bud in the "Series" settings for a show. When I go to tell a Series to only record from one channel, I get the plus and minus, like on the other settings, but it switches between one random channel and Any.
That is not a bug but is intentional for now. What it is doing is taking the first airing in the list and using the info from that (should be doing the same thing with time-slot). it is done like that to make it easy for when you select a single show (like from the Guide) you can configure it to just record like shows. At some point I intend to get all possible values for those items but have put it to the bottom of my list for 1.0.

If what I describe above does not seem like what you see let me know.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Your right, it is behaving like you designed.

Also, I noticed a little performance problem.
When watching a recording or live tv, the video stutters during panning and or fast motion. This is a slight stutter, but a noticable one. This does not occur when I switch back to OriginalV2, and comes back when I switch back to SageMCRC1. Hope you might be able to look into that before the final release.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:45 AM
Sage User

Thumbs down

Hi mlbdude,

Please consider this use-case:

Wife creates a new playlist and adds several songs to it. Then she goes and plays that playlist. She's pleased so far. Then she sees a song in the playlist that she wants to check out, so she navigates to it and presses play. That song plays and she is happy.

Once that song is over, Sage doesn't go to the next song in her playlist, as she expected, but seems to be going to the next in the library.

Isn't this design bug. Could it be fixed in the STV code ?

Regards.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:49 AM
Sage User

Problem with Weather module

I've attached two screenshots...the first is the weather module displayed on my primary Sage machine, and the other is the weather module displayed on my Sage Client machine. As you can see, the weather displays perfectly on the client machine, but the primary has no graphics, and a small video window added in the corner. I have copied everything under the STVs folder from the client machine to the primary. They are identical in every way. I have done the same for every file under Frey Technologies that I think it's safe to do. Does anyone have any idea why this is displaying incorrectly?

(Notice also that the primary says "data provided by weatherroom.com" and the client says "data provided by weather.com"....)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg primary.jpg (66.2 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg client.jpg (85.0 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by MacGyvr; 01-04-2005 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makutaku
Hi mlbdude,

Please consider this use-case:

Wife creates a new playlist and adds several songs to it. Then she goes and plays that playlist. She's pleased so far. Then she sees a song in the playlist that she wants to check out, so she navigates to it and presses play. That song plays and she is happy.

Once that song is over, Sage doesn't go to the next song in her playlist, as she expected, but seems to be going to the next in the library.

Isn't this design bug. Could it be fixed in the STV code ?

Regards.
This cannot be fixed with the current version of SageTV. It has horrible playlist management. I would love to be able to create a "now playing" queue, but the functionality just is not there.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyvr
I've attached two screenshots...the first is the weather module displayed on my primary Sage machine, and the other is the weather module displayed on my Sage Client machine. As you can see, the weather displays perfectly on the client machine, but the primary has no graphics, and a small video window added in the corner. I have copied everything under the STVs folder from the client machine to the primary. They are identical in every way. I have done the same for every file under Frey Technologies that I think it's safe to do. Does anyone have any idea why this is displaying incorrectly?

(Notice also that the primary says "data provided by weatherroom.com" and the client says "data provided by weather.com"....)
You may be running an old version of the STV on one. Also, you may want to make sure you delete ALL of your mlbdude\weather_ properties prior to using this STV.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner
Your right, it is behaving like you designed.

Also, I noticed a little performance problem.
When watching a recording or live tv, the video stutters during panning and or fast motion. This is a slight stutter, but a noticable one. This does not occur when I switch back to OriginalV2, and comes back when I switch back to SageMCRC1. Hope you might be able to look into that before the final release.
I cannot duplicate this performance issue. Sounds like a decoder issue, but you say it does not happen with the OrigionalV2 STV so I would not know what to suggest.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Sage Icon

Any word on reverting the channel change function back to the way it was? It's really a bother now that pg up and pg down and my hauppauge remote don't work properly.

Thank You!
Closed Thread