SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Any word on reverting the channel change function back to the way it was? It's really a bother now that pg up and pg down and my hauppauge remote don't work properly.

Thank You!
Nope, this is how it is going to stay now. Like you say I need something that works for eveyone, even those of you that are using remotes that don't have seperate arrow and channel up and down buttons (though you need new remotes if that is the case ).
Old 01-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Sage Expert

performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I cannot duplicate this performance issue. Sounds like a decoder issue, but you say it does not happen with the OrigionalV2 STV so I would not know what to suggest.
i see any different between SageMC an others STV's, SageMC is on my Client slower and have a not so good quality as the others. some persons had this approved, when i switch the stv's at my home.

this is a miracle or?
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 01-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Sage User

Similar weather layout issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
You may be running an old version of the STV on one. Also, you may want to make sure you delete ALL of your mlbdude\weather_ properties prior to using this STV.
After upgrading to RC1 I have *almost* the same issue. On initial startup of SageTV there will be a "stopped" thumbnail on the main menu (before there would be nothing till I navigated to live tv or played a video). If I navigate to Weather before going to live tv or videos then the forecasts will overlap the "stopped" thumbnail just as depicted in the screenshots provided earlier. Once I have viewed live tv or started playback of a video then the weather module correctly adjust its layout.

I'm not sure what is the intended behavior - always show the "stopped" or "live" thumbnail (RC1) or don't show the thumbnail until exiting live tv or videos (pre-RC1).

- J
Old 01-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Coming in late on this STV.
It's pretty cool, quite radical.
Has anyone reported that if you stop live TV and go back to Live TV, it doesn't go back to same channel you stopped? (Goes back to the first channel in my lineup (100))
Also MLBDUDE please please please why do I have to program my remote for just to go BACK to previous menus? Can you make it an option in the setup for those who want to deviate slightly from the MS MCE experience?
Thanks
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 01-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

Mlbdude;

That decision is quite unfortunate for me... I don't intend on purchasing new hardware just so I can use your STV properly. I do not have my remote wonder hooked up at the moment, but all that does is send the command for page up or down. So I suspect even with that remote one would have to hit "OK" after hitting the channel button in order to change to the desired channel. That seems counter productive... It was not my intention to make channel changes more difficult when I reported the two OSD screens showing up. I now wish I had shut up about that, it was certainly more liveable than what I'm left with now.

Can someone with an ATI Remote Wonder confirm that you must hit OK aswell as the channel button when surfing channels?

I guess I'll be going back to the stock STV for now... I really enjoyed using SageMC while it lasted!

Thank You...

Last edited by Wheemer; 01-04-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Sage User

My Pictures

mlbdude,

I have a few questions about the My Pictures section of your STV. When I view an image, I can't seem to get it to go to the next image without returning to the picture list and selecting the next one. I've tried the right button and the fast-forward button, etc. but none seem to do anything. The left button will take you back to the picture list, so it seems logical that the right button would go to the next picture but that doesn't seem to work. Also, can you add an option to "Start a Slideshow from Here"? Sometimes I'll get halfway through a slideshow, have to stop it, and then want to come back restart the slideshow from where I left off but I can't do that right now.

Edit: Actually, now that I've thought about it, it seems as if the left button should take you to the previous pic, the right button should take you to the next pic, and the back button should take you back to the picture list. I think this is how the real MCE2005 does it but I'm not sure. Either way is this and/or the slideshow from here feature a possibility for version 1.1?

Thanks!
Nick

Last edited by NickSD; 01-05-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Sage User

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but where SAgeMC doesnt have the arrow in the top left corner of the screen how do we navigate back up the menu structure.....?

Chris
Old 01-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Sage Icon

This STV was designed for use soley with a remote. Just map a key to Sage's back command.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
This STV was designed for use soley with a remote. Just map a key to Sage's back command.

Using a Streamzap remote which came with my SageTV bundle, I have no available keys to make a back button. Why can't Left arrow be the back button like with all the other STV's? (Including MLBDUDE2 )
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 01-05-2005, 07:52 AM

This STV is not trying to mimic what Sage has done (because I am not happy with that). What it is doing is trying to recreate the MCE experience using the SageTV engine. At that end, it may just have different hardware (remote) requirements that other Sage implementations.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Using a Streamzap remote which came with my SageTV bundle, I have no available keys to make a back button. Why can't Left arrow be the back button like with all the other STV's? (Including MLBDUDE2 )
There should be a FAQ on this question, seems to come up every day. Once you start using the back button it makes sense. I use a button labelled 'exit' on my remote which happens to be next to my navigation buttons making it easy and quick to press.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 01-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just a question. I have been using this STV for two months now with no real problems(using RC1 ver). However yesterday I started up the SageTV service app and when I fired up SageTV the standard Original STV came up even though the properties file still had Sagemc.stv in it. So it look like you can't sue SageTV service app with the Sagemc.STV. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong.

PS the process was to start SageTV Service and then SageTV. Would it make any difference if I started SageTV first and then SageTV service?
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphhughes
Just a question. I have been using this STV for two months now with no real problems(using RC1 ver). However yesterday I started up the SageTV service app and when I fired up SageTV the standard Original STV came up even though the properties file still had Sagemc.stv in it. So it look like you can't sue SageTV service app with the Sagemc.STV. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong.

PS the process was to start SageTV Service and then SageTV. Would it make any difference if I started SageTV first and then SageTV service?
You can use any STV with the service but using the service forces you to use different properties files. Did you try switching to SageMC from within the old STV? I don't use the service myself so I don't have any direct experience.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

That's most likley the answer. I completely forgot about the seperate properties file for the service application. I did not make any changes to that file so that is why I am getting the original stv. Thanks
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey mlbdude, two issues to report...
1) I'm having a problem with the new channel up/down onscreen miniguide thing. When I first startup sage and I go to live tv. If I press up/down or ch up/down nothing will happen. In order to get the miniguide to work, I have to go to the guide, then go back. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, can you put a right/left arrow on the miniguide so we can browse forward?

2) I can't get anything to show up on my My Videos.

thanks,
flashbacck
Old 01-05-2005, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
Hey mlbdude, two issues to report...
1) I'm having a problem with the new channel up/down onscreen miniguide thing. When I first startup sage and I go to live tv. If I press up/down or ch up/down nothing will happen. In order to get the miniguide to work, I have to go to the guide, then go back. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, can you put a right/left arrow on the miniguide so we can browse forward?

2) I can't get anything to show up on my My Videos.

thanks,
flashbacck
#1 I noticed something similar but it had to do with the activity timeout. Once that expires they work again. Should not have to leave the screen though.

#2 Try removing your video library folders and readding them. This is probably not an STV problem. If you are using Sage as a service make sure you work around all those items. If they are on a network make sure you have access to it.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Sage Expert

watcha mlbdude!

In RC1 the 'play from here' seems to have gone from the Jukebox. Is this intentional?

Also - I used to be able to go to the next track by pressing 'channel up' on my remote. This doesn't seem to work now either.

It seems daft that you wouldn't want to hear the rest of an album if you play from the second song in.

PS - happy new year
Old 01-05-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
watcha mlbdude!

In RC1 the 'play from here' seems to have gone from the Jukebox. Is this intentional?

Also - I used to be able to go to the next track by pressing 'channel up' on my remote. This doesn't seem to work now either.

It seems daft that you wouldn't want to hear the rest of an album if you play from the second song in.

PS - happy new year
Play from here should still be there. I did not remove it (at least intentionally).

The channel up and channel down thing is fixed in next release. I put this back to the way it was in the last beta. It was changed to help those with remotes with limited buttons that use the dual commands. This STV will just not support the dual commands well.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

This sounds like good news! So the only problem will be the dual osds showing up like before??

If so, that I can live with easily!
Old 01-05-2005, 03:01 PM

Quote:
This sounds like good news! So the only problem will be the dual osds showing up like before??

If so, that I can live with easily!
Probably. If you use your ATI remote though that has enough buttons where you would probably be able to use the single commands and get the best of everything.
Closed Thread