SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Since you dont want emails from us and your PM box is full...

Do you have a paypal account? I would like to send you a small donation for creating such a wonderful STV. Heck...as you said very high WAF.

I think this is the first time the wife hasn't nagged me about one of my "projects". Hell..she wants me to get the third tuner card or get dual 500's now

-tReP
Old 01-12-2005, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepidati0n
Since you dont want emails from us and your PM box is full...

Do you have a paypal account? I would like to send you a small donation for creating such a wonderful STV. Heck...as you said very high WAF.

I think this is the first time the wife hasn't nagged me about one of my "projects". Hell..she wants me to get the third tuner card or get dual 500's now

-tReP
Thanks but I am not going to accept donations though I appreciate it. I am really doing this for my needs and just sharing it with you all does not affect me or the time I put in it.

Also, if I did accept donations I would feel obligated to do user requests .
Old 01-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
The only issues this STV handles with the music jukebox is making the front end usable. Any core items can't be changed in an STV. However, I have never seen the issue you discuss. Maybe the tool I use to rip (media player) does something different.
Thanks for the clarification. Can you tell me what you are using to rip and I'll try a couple of discs to see if that works.

Not looking forward to re-ripping, but it (Sage) just isn't working as is.

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2005, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands
Thanks for the clarification. Can you tell me what you are using to rip and I'll try a couple of discs to see if that works.

Not looking forward to re-ripping, but it (Sage) just isn't working as is.

Thanks!
I just use Windows Media Player to do my ripping. I think I am using version 10.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

Parental Controls seem to work rather strange. I don't have much experience with using the stock STV, sorta jumped in when I saw this one, so if this is something that's a problems with Sage's core let me know...

When channel surfing and I come upon a show that's blocked, I should be able to just change the channel still and ignore that show. however the channel up/down buttond doesn't work, forcing me to use the mini guide to get past the channel.

Is this how it's supposed to work? If so I'd like to request the channel up/down button to work, so I can just keep surfing past the blocked show.

Last edited by Wheemer; 01-12-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Very minor bug.
* Select a show from the guide, then select "Watch show" while another show is currently being recorded on a different channel.

* A popup with the options "Do not change channel" and "Yes, stop recording and change the channel" will show.

* If you select the "Do not change channel," rather than the popup disappearing, you'll get some error, -8, I think. I'm guessing this error isn't suppose to popup like that. As far as I've noticed, there aren't any side effects of this error popup.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thanks but I am not going to accept donations though I appreciate it. I am really doing this for my needs and just sharing it with you all does not affect me or the time I put in it.

Mlbdude
I can only say as many others did already. What a super STV, exactly as you initially set out it to be: user intuitive and friendly. You met the WAF and the HTPC goes into the living as a professional set!
I am living in the Netherlands and I am sure your work is highly appreciated around the globe. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:05 AM
Sage Icon

Hello all, i finally got around to categorizing my DVD's using DVDprofiler (great software!) and got the meta data showing up correctly in My Videos section. Now, is there a way to link the cover art for the DVD's to show up in the details section-or any for that matter. I am sure there is, but was wondering if it can be done through the covers that DVDprofiler already downloaded?
thanks and I'm really looking forward to the next release--comskip cupport and maybe offline dvd info!!!!
JUC
Old 01-14-2005, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Hello all, i finally got around to categorizing my DVD's using DVDprofiler (great software!) and got the meta data showing up correctly in My Videos section. Now, is there a way to link the cover art for the DVD's to show up in the details section-or any for that matter. I am sure there is, but was wondering if it can be done through the covers that DVDprofiler already downloaded?
thanks and I'm really looking forward to the next release--comskip cupport and maybe offline dvd info!!!!
JUC
Not yet. Since Sage does not support dynamic loading of these images we left it for 1.1 for another fix. For now, you will have to copy the images to the appropriate locations, remove your media folder from my videos, then reload them.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Sage Icon

thanks for the reply. So i just need to copy the images to the same folder the DVDs are stored in and name them the same? And hopefully soon we can just default to the ones DVDprofiler already has?
thanks
JUC
Old 01-14-2005, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
thanks for the reply. So i just need to copy the images to the same folder the DVDs are stored in and name them the same? And hopefully soon we can just default to the ones DVDprofiler already has?
thanks
JUC
You need to follow the same rules that SageTV published for media images. You can check the manual but I believe they go as:

For DVD's put an image called folder.jpg in the VIDEO_TS folder.
For other media, you can use folder.jpg if there is only one video in the folder or you can name the image the same as the video file. Ex. Fletch.avi, Fletch.jpg.

DVDprofiler does store the images in a folder on your HD, it might be easier to pull from there for now (this is where we will get them in the future). I actually still use IMDB for the image right now.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

I've got a couple series recordings setup that are not all that important. Since I only have two tuners, I find myself needing to cancel one of these recordings in order to still view another channel. In the details view of the show there is no cancel recording button. So I have to watch one of the recordings and then change the channel. This gives me the conflict srcreen and allows me then to cancel the recording. However if I tune back to that channel while channel surfing, the recording starts up again and I get the warning when changing off the channel aagin.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there buttons not showing up? It seems that there should be a simple cancel recording button on the deatiled view page. And if I cancel the recording inside of the warning window while viewing it, why doesn't it really cancel it??

Any helps appreciated. I am beginning to fall in love with your work MLBdude. I only wish some of us could be using Studio aswell to help with the small annoying bugs and individual differences.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
SageTV never stored the last liveTV channel you were on that I knew of. Then again I never just blindly go to LiveTV so I could have missed something. I will probably add it as a feature to go to the last channel viewed by default in a future release.
On Page 24 of the manual it confirms that SagetTV uses the last channel it was on the next time you use the TV or Livetv command. I also reverted back to the original.stv to test this and it does work that way .

By the way this is not intended as a critizism but just a matter of fact. I appreciate your hard work in creating this STV. I use MCE on another sytem and this STV does a great job of dulpicating that easy user interface.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
I've got a couple series recordings setup that are not all that important. Since I only have two tuners, I find myself needing to cancel one of these recordings in order to still view another channel. In the details view of the show there is no cancel recording button. So I have to watch one of the recordings and then change the channel. This gives me the conflict srcreen and allows me then to cancel the recording. However if I tune back to that channel while channel surfing, the recording starts up again and I get the warning when changing off the channel aagin.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there buttons not showing up? It seems that there should be a simple cancel recording button on the deatiled view page. And if I cancel the recording inside of the warning window while viewing it, why doesn't it really cancel it??

Any helps appreciated. I am beginning to fall in love with your work MLBdude. I only wish some of us could be using Studio aswell to help with the small annoying bugs and individual differences.
I wish I could do this. The SageTV core does not support canceling individual series recordings.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphhughes
On Page 24 of the manual it confirms that SagetTV uses the last channel it was on the next time you use the TV or Livetv command. I also reverted back to the original.stv to test this and it does work that way .

By the way this is not intended as a critizism but just a matter of fact. I appreciate your hard work in creating this STV. I use MCE on another sytem and this STV does a great job of dulpicating that easy user interface.
Thanks, I will take a look at it.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This is the only STV I found that is usable and not a modified Originalv2.svt like so many other ones. It's a good thing you are sharing your work with us because we don't have Studio to make our own STV. So keep up the good work in making this STV as functional as possible.

And I know you said you don't take requests or donations, but how hard is it to add a BACK button to all the menus? I do use this STV on my laptop with a mouse and its a pain to navigate BACK, always have to use keyboard keys (ctrl-v and alt-left arrow). I would do this myself but like I said, I don't have the tools to do so.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Administrator

If you have a five button mouse, instead of the laptop's built-in or some other button-challenged mouse, try using the Back button, like you would when browsing in IE. The forward/back buttons on mice work for those commands & I would think they still do for this STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
If you have a five button mouse, instead of the laptop's built-in or some other button-challenged mouse, try using the Back button, like you would when browsing in IE. The forward/back buttons on mice work for those commands & I would think they still do for this STV.

- Andy
oh great, another hardware device to buy; it never ends.
How about this, make the middle wheel button as the Back button? Maybe i can find a mouse software that allows me to map keyboard strokes to the middle mouse button.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:35 AM
Sage Icon

The back button on the mouse does work fine...

A mouse with a back button will improve your web surfing too:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...104-136&depa=0
Old 01-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac
This is the only STV I found that is usable and not a modified Originalv2.svt like so many other ones. It's a good thing you are sharing your work with us because we don't have Studio to make our own STV. So keep up the good work in making this STV as functional as possible.

And I know you said you don't take requests or donations, but how hard is it to add a BACK button to all the menus? I do use this STV on my laptop with a mouse and its a pain to navigate BACK, always have to use keyboard keys (ctrl-v and alt-left arrow). I would do this myself but like I said, I don't have the tools to do so.
What's wrong with mapping the BACKSPACE keyboard button? That's how I have it on my server.

David
Closed Thread