SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
I am having trouble with sage keeping focus when I am launching external programs. It shows the program launch for a second then sage grabs focus and remains asleep. BTW--this stv is awesome. I was just checking it out when my wife came home and loved she loved it!! Keep it coming.
JUC
This is a long time Sage issue. I will have to figure some way around it.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:32 AM
Sage Icon

thanks for the reply. The more and more i use this stv the more i love it. its easy on my eyes and easy for the guests. That was probably the biggest complaint I got from friends--they couldn't navigate sages original menu (or any of the other stv's out their). One more question--eventually, when this goes beta and beyond, will their be an oportunity to add animated images like MCE--since you are going for that look and feel i thought i might as well ask.
JUC
Old 11-03-2004, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
thanks for the reply. The more and more i use this stv the more i love it. its easy on my eyes and easy for the guests. That was probably the biggest complaint I got from friends--they couldn't navigate sages original menu (or any of the other stv's out their). One more question--eventually, when this goes beta and beyond, will their be an oportunity to add animated images like MCE--since you are going for that look and feel i thought i might as well ask.
JUC
Somone may do that. I won't though . I have all that fluff off on my MCE05 setup. It is nice for a day then gets in the way. If it took no work I would do it just for the impression factor though.

One thing I am trying to add though is minimal navigation noises. Not sure if Sage is going to support this or not yet.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Looks good, however I must point out that on the Confict management page I think you want the word "Always" not "Alwasy"

Sorry to be the spell checker, hell I am known for my awful spelling. However with 5 pages of posting and I am the first one to catch it?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abrams
Looks good, however I must point out that on the Confict management page I think you want the word "Always" not "Alwasy"

Sorry to be the spell checker, hell I am known for my awful spelling. However with 5 pages of posting and I am the first one to catch it?

I am surprised as well . They may have been waiting till a more final release was done to see if I caught it. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I am using a lot of their images for this STV. Their skin seems based on MCE 2004.
My bad , posted before I looked (Thought, wait till the beta, and don't spoil the surprise )
Old 11-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Sage Expert

Any chance of another alpha preview? I want to see some more new pages!!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:23 AM

Probably end of weekend.

New items will include:
New OSD v1
Command links (Guide command) will now go to correct menu

Items that may be included or are coming after:
Video Library will be completed with new look and feel.
Music Library will have new look and feel as well as new queueing option (simple way to just play an Album).

After those:
Complete look and feel for less often used TV section screens (Add favorite screen etc.)
New Detailed Setup so that it is easy to use
Update Picture Library with new look and feel
Make sure all popups have new look and feel
Continue to enhance OSD

Items not sure I will ever update or only if I get free time (ha!):
Setup Wizard
Channel Setup
Parental Controls
similar type often unused menu's
Old 11-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Sage User

I just installed this STV, in fact it's the first one I've ever used because all the others where just too much "everything but the kitchen sink" for me. As a software engineer I appricate simplicity over a bevy of options. It's easy to add an option for everything, much harder to make something sleek, simple and usable.

I VNC into my SageTV box and the back button on my mouse doesn't make it through RealVNC. I was stumped until I realized Alt-Left Arrow works just as well and now I really like only having the back button.

Keep up the great work! I have been waiting for something exactly like this and had been toying with the idea of going to MCE 2005 just to get a more wife and mom friendly UI. Now I don't have to!
Old 11-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Sage Icon

how does MCE incorporate the 'Back' button. Is it either on the keyboard with a combo or does the MCE have a dedicated 'back' button on the remote. As for now, I just reprogrammed one of my customizable buttons on my remote but those are pretty limited and as a result I had to lose my shortcut to liveTV. How are those with remotes doing it?
thanks
JUC
Old 11-04-2004, 03:53 PM

MCE has a dedicated button for Back. The MCE remote is pretty cool .
Old 11-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

Do you know of any remotes that will work with sage that have similar functions. Basically, I have 6 programmable buttons, one for: main menu, music, livetv, guide, rw2, ff2. I would have to give up one of those for the back function. Is there any other way? What are you using for a 'back' button? Does the MCE remote work with sage?
JUC
Old 11-04-2004, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Does the MCE remote work with sage?
JUC
It is supposed to with 2.1. I think some buttons don't though - which I am not sure yet (anyone know?). I am planning on using it with this. Right now this is only on my dev box with MCE on the living room HTPC.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
What are you using for a 'back' button?
JUC
Good question! I am currently trying to figure out how to get the Back/Exit working on the MediaMVP remote. It currently takes me to what I assume is LiveTV. I have mapped the Back key (wasn't previously mapped) on the keyboard to Back in SageTV. Alt+Left is also mapped to Back in SageTV. I am asking this question over in MediaMVP Client post as well. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Oh yeah, I was about to restart the computer and something was recording that I wanted to stop. The only way I could stop it recording was to start watching the video and then bring up the menu to Stop recording it. An additional button for Stop Recording in the My TV menus would be a nice addition.

Mlbdude, thanks for the awesome skin and I look forward to the changes you mentioned.

David
Old 11-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

Okay, so the next question--how does the MCE 2005 remote integrate with sage? Out of the box? Is there some application that can accept various plugins? Might need to get me one of these.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It is supposed to with 2.1. I think some buttons don't though - which I am not sure yet (anyone know?).
I don't know how the buttons on the new MCE remote compare, but see this MS page for the old remote's details. Some buttons just emulate sending a keystroke to an app, some send WM_APPCOMMAND messages, & others send WM_INPUT messages. Only the WM_INPUT messages are not used by SageTV yet.

See page 152 of the v2.1 manual for a list of the WM_APPCOMMAND messages that are recognized.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:58 PM

Here is the remote I am going to use.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...100-851&depa=0

It is an updated MCE 2005 version. I am dissapointed that the WM_INPUT buttons will not work. At least Back will work .
Old 11-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Do you know of any remotes that will work with sage that have similar functions. Basically, I have 6 programmable buttons, one for: main menu, music, livetv, guide, rw2, ff2. I would have to give up one of those for the back function. Is there any other way? What are you using for a 'back' button? Does the MCE remote work with sage?
JUC
This might be forbidden here, but Snapstream's Firefly remote has a button for all those functions, and a dedicated Back button. I use it with Sage and it works beautifully.
Sage v7.0.16, Win7 Ultimate, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, AMD X2 3800+ Dual Core, 2GB PC3200, 2 x HD-PVR, 2 x Motorola DCT6200, HDHomeRun w/ QAM, USB-UIRT, Seagate 250GB PATA (system), WD 2TB (recordings), Gigabyte 6600GT fanless, HD300 extender
Old 11-04-2004, 08:06 PM

That is fine to discuss here . The Firefly is a great remote if you don't need RF.

Just another note on the new MCE remote, the Volume and TV button are learing so you can learn your TV/reciever volume controls and TV power.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Sage Icon

You mean if you don't need IR (it *is* an RF remote).

Jason

Quote:
That is fine to discuss here . The Firefly is a great remote if you don't need RF.

Just another note on the new MCE remote, the Volume and TV button are learing so you can learn your TV/reciever volume controls and TV power.
Closed Thread