SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 07:16 AM

Well I can't get any of the icons to look decent on a small scale. For next release I am falling back on the way Sage did it. Italics for a watched show with strikethrough for don't like. MCE looks cleaner because it does not have things like watched and don't like. But those are integral things to Sage. Also, showing multiple icons per show which can happen takes up too much space.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:49 AM

mlbdude as for record, watched and don't like icon can't you just do this (just idea).
one icon in the guide.
Let say for example Record icon is alway be over riding the watched and don't like icon if it being re-record and don't like icon should override watched icon.
I hope you get what I'm saying.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:51 AM

I can but I still need some good icons. It is not easy to find simple icons that are still discernable on a TV .
Old 11-06-2004, 09:14 AM

why just use the watched icon from older sagetv I'm sure dan & jeff wouldn't mind after you could just ask them and I think there was a also a don't like icon but I can't recall for sure I have dig up backup copy of sagetv 1.x to see.

Last edited by SHS; 11-06-2004 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:16 AM

I thought of that. I don't have those myself. If you or anyone can find them let me know. I found a couple from XLobby that might be OK. I will post a screen cap soon.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:21 AM

But you know what would really be cool is Emoticon (Icon)
Old 11-06-2004, 09:34 AM

I don't have your email address mlbdude or I sent them to you
Old 11-06-2004, 09:50 AM

Check out the first post, I updated the Guide, My TV, Schedule, and Recorded TV images. Let me know what you guys think. See if the icons are close enough you know what they are without me telling you .

P.S. If somone can take the current Manual Recording icon and make it into a trailing/fading/shrinking 3 disk image like the MCE image I would appreciate it. Hint Hint pcuoco. The images you gave me were great I think they were too big though so they got messed up looking when scaled down.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:22 AM

trailing/fading/shrinking 3 disk image Hmmm I haven't secen screen shot of that.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:34 AM

This is pretty close. Only it is not shrinking.

http://htpcnews.com/images/mce2k5/re...gscheduled.jpg
Old 11-06-2004, 10:53 AM

Oh I see
Old 11-06-2004, 11:06 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I can but I still need some good icons. It is not easy to find simple icons that are still discernable on a TV .
Well I tried this stv last night and it is awesome. What icons do you need? I can probably find some or even design some. Will the setup pages etc in the final release have the same look as the main menu? To me this stv is definately a milestone for SageTV, best looking onbe to date.
Let's hope no one gets annoyed for the copying of the MCE style.
PM me if you need icons.
Patrick
Old 11-06-2004, 11:12 AM

How about this mlbdude
Attached Images
File Type: png tvguide_record_button2.png (2.6 KB, 265 views)
File Type: png tvguide_record_button3.png (2.6 KB, 259 views)

Last edited by SHS; 11-06-2004 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
How about this mlbdude
That could work. I will try. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2004, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowdx42
Well I tried this stv last night and it is awesome. What icons do you need? I can probably find some or even design some. Will the setup pages etc in the final release have the same look as the main menu? To me this stv is definately a milestone for SageTV, best looking onbe to date.
Let's hope no one gets annoyed for the copying of the MCE style.
PM me if you need icons.
Patrick
When this goes beta all menus will have the new look. In fact, setup and detailed setup may change the "feel" too to make it easier to understand.

I hope since no one will be paying for this MS will leave it be. Lots of other apps have similar looks. Once I go beta though I want to get a blessing from the media portal guys though since I am using a lot of their images.

Check out the updated screen caps for the icons I am referring to:
Watched, Don't Like, Recording.

I still need:
Series Recording - Check this screencap for what I am looking for http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...&postcount=150
I also would like a LiveTV recording icon. Maybe the same as the Manual Recording icon but yellow?

Besides the ones I am using I have some from old Sage that SHS got me. If anyone comes up with better ones or icons that fit the theme a little better feel free to share.

This is a new direction for Sage (and me) - putting "form" up as high or maybe even higher than function.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2004, 11:19 AM

Add darker ver as well so you can chosse one that works the best mlbdude
Old 11-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
When this goes beta all menus will have the new look. In fact, setup and detailed setup may change the "feel" too to make it easier to understand.

I hope since no one will be paying for this MS will leave it be. Lots of other apps have similar looks. Once I go beta though I want to get a blessing from the media portal guys though since I am using a lot of their images.

Check out the updated screen caps for the icons I am referring to:
Watched, Don't Like, Recording.

I still need:
Series Recording - Check this screencap for what I am looking for http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...&postcount=150
I also would like a LiveTV recording icon. Maybe the same as the Manual Recording icon but yellow?

Besides the ones I am using I have some from old Sage that SHS got me. If anyone comes up with better ones or icons that fit the theme a little better feel free to share.

This is a new direction for Sage (and me) - putting "form" up as high or maybe even higher than function.

Thanks!

So you need the red circle items in an animation? Also what dimensions? ppi?
I can easily knock up something like that, just give me more info.
PM me and I can give you email address and instant messenger id so that I can be in quicker contact.
Patrick
Old 11-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Administrator

I guess recording = red circle, watched = magnifying glass, don't like = cirlce w/line?

What about something like don't like = red X (skull & bones?) and watched = green check mark (you've checked it off your list), partially watched = faded check mark. I'm not too sure what to suggest as something similar for currently recording or favorite. Of course, I haven't used MCE 2005, so I'm probably way off base compared to what it uses.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:38 AM

Posted 2 new images of the changes going on to My Music. Not much but look has changed. Added an easy Play button to Album details to play the entire album and a now playing icon in the track list.

First phase of My Music will probably be super simple and not much will change. Unfortunately the Sage core (can't play wmv!!!) is not the best when it comes to music playback. There some some other users though working on some things that may open this up for me though.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:12 PM

Watched should be more like Binoculars icon
I think the Magnifying Glass is really give the wrong the fell to function usely Magnifying Glass ref to ZOOM.
Any way mlbdude the My Music part is looking good from thoses screenshot.
What about smilie icon mlbdude?.

Last edited by SHS; 11-06-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Closed Thread