SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Sage User

By the way, I was one of those (the only one?) that was having problems with the Back button bringing up LiveTV with the MediaMVP Client. Well, I was trying to make things more complicated than they needed to be. I setup the USBUIRT and told SageTV to add the Back/Exit button from the Hauappauge remote but I did it directly on the computer. Once I finally used the MediaMVP UI to make the change, everything worked fine. By the way, to do this, go to Detailed Setup --> Commands and you need to do it from the MediaMVP as it passes a slightly different code than if you do it directly at the computer. At least that was my problem.

David
Old 11-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Sage User

Is there any way to go directly to the "My Television" menu via a sage event so that I could have a command from Meedio to get there directly?
Old 11-06-2004, 01:00 PM

Next release will include a couple of new Custom events.

Custom1 will be My TV
Custom2 will be Recorded TV
Custom3 will be Movies

Next release will be later today or tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Sage Icon

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I guess recording = red circle, watched = magnifying glass, don't like = circle w/line?

What about something like don't like = red X (skull & bones?) and watched = green check mark (you've checked it off your list), partially watched = faded check mark. I'm not too sure what to suggest as something similar for currently recording or favorite. Of course, I haven't used MCE 2005, so I'm probably way off base compared to what it uses.

- Andy
I know this is off the MCE path a bit, but what about something simple and somewhat universally familiar ...

= Like

= Don't Like and

= Wathched

I am not saying to use these particular icons, just that the thumbs up and down are instantly recognized and used widely to describe a movie viewers opinion of a show. The popcorn reminds me that I've been to the show. If someone could come up with a better quality, more 3-D shadowed, less cartoon-ie version that might work ...

Just my 2 pennies ....

T.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:03 PM

I wanted to do thumbs up and down but Sage does not have the Like feature. It uses the Watched status also for Like. Otherwise that would be there already .
Old 11-06-2004, 01:46 PM

Put up Alpha Preview 4. Lots of My Music stuff done. Icons in various areas of My TV "may" be working . They for all the help on that so far. They do display differently with different rules depending on where you are (space reasons).

Have fun.

Last edited by mlbdude; 11-06-2004 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:56 PM

mlbdude I saw one bug in the guide after watching a show the icon didn't change to watched like should it only change after I del the recording.
And I agree the thumb down then that icon your using now would be far better.

Last edited by SHS; 11-06-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
P.S. If somone can take the current Manual Recording icon and make it into a trailing/fading/shrinking 3 disk image like the MCE image I would appreciate it. Hint Hint pcuoco. The images you gave me were great I think they were too big though so they got messed up looking when scaled down.

What size in pixels do you need them to be? The XMZ one's are 37x37, and the Sage Conflict Icon is 61x55. I can try to recreate these at that size and tweak them so they are legible, if that'll work.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Very nice, glad I had a button already set for "back" on my lola remote.

Btw, what happened to the two column view for "my videos" from the earlier preview? That was easier to navigate for lots of videos.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:27 PM
SageTVaholic

I like pcuoco's icons better as well

the binoculars look funny and so does the magnifying glass

the simple color coordinated icon and SageTV like icons look really good and I would think should fit the STV much better
Old 11-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

This STV is looking great so far!
My only let down is that the EPG looks "cramped"
Even though it displays 1 hour (like per example the teehan lax UI screenshot )
it looks a bit cramped in my opinion. Maybe if the channel text could be smaller, then the overall bar for shows could be longer. (and show text less big)

Just giving my opinion,
Big for this stv btw
Old 11-07-2004, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methius
This STV is looking great so far!
My only let down is that the EPG looks "cramped"
Even though it displays 1 hour (like per example the teehan lax UI screenshot )
it looks a bit cramped in my opinion. Maybe if the channel text could be smaller, then the overall bar for shows could be longer. (and show text less big)

Just giving my opinion,
Big for this stv btw
I like the text as it . However, in the next release there is are specific EPG font settings in the properties file you can change to however you see fit.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:14 AM

Just put up Alpha 4.5. Last update for the weekend. Wife is getting pissed that I have been neglecting my chores .

I think the My Music section is done. I want to add advanced sorting/re-org of playlists items later.

Playlist support throughout.

If anyone wants to play with some new icon sets for the My TV section, just base the size off of what is already being used. Try substituting your images for the ones that are there (use same name) and see what looks good.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2004, 10:32 AM

mlbdude in update can fix TV Keyword Search there number list in the menu.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I like the text as it . However, in the next release there is are specific EPG font settings in the properties file you can change to however you see fit.
You are the man.
Without doubt.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

It works!! Thank you.

Very happy with the play album feature. All my core Home Entertainment System needs are now fullfilled. Only my wish list remains. (and that is a list for a later dicussion...) Works very well. Thanks.

On the My TV screen, I can only see the top 10% of the archived shows button. Is there something that controlls the size? or it is a font size issue? How do I change this or can I. What font setting in the .properties file controls the text for this?

Thanks

Quote:
Posted 2 new images of the changes going on to My Music. Not much but look has changed. Added an easy Play button to Album details to play the entire album and a now playing icon in the track list.

First phase of My Music will probably be super simple and not much will change. Unfortunately the Sage core (can't play wmv!!!) is not the best when it comes to music playback. There some some other users though working on some things that may open this up for me though.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:29 AM

The buttons I believe use the Controls font settings. My suggestion would be to close Sage, delete all ui/font lines from your properties and let the STV generate its defaults. Then tweak them.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks. Worked.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for fixing up the Jukebox. One thing though - I don't see "Currently Playing:" on any of the screens. It would be nice to have this feature back if possible.

Andy.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Possible bug: if I'm viewing songs 'By Song' and select then play a track, the subsequently played track is not the next one in the list. So far it has always played a track currently shown on-screen, but it could be before or after the last-played track.

Andy.
Closed Thread