SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-13-2003, 11:01 PM
Sage User

Suggestions & questions

I have a couple questions and suggestions for this already GREAT software.

1. Do shows moved to the "TV Library" count against the space you allow SageTV to us under "Use Only" or "Leave Free" in Detailed Setup? If so, how about a per-show option to have the show permamently saved in there.

2. Is there a way to queue several SageRecordings so I can select several shows to watch without returning to the guide after each show? If not, there should be.

3. I'd like to see a way to prioritize my Favorites before a conflict occurs and a way to enable/disable the priority list. So when enabled, Favorite #1 would ALWAYS be recorded in event of ANY conflict, and then Favorite #2 would ALWAYS take precedence except when in conflict with Favorite #1, etc. I think this would be nice for people who may be out of town for an extended period of time.

4. It would be nice if the "SageTV -awake" command would launch SageTV if no instance is running. I use my keyboard a lot and have a shorcut pinned on my start menu to wake up SageTV, but I close the program completely sometimes so it doesn't record anything because I already have 20+ hours of shows to watch. So, it would be nice to have a single shortcut to launch or wake SageTV.

Just some thoughts.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

1. Yes, shows in the TV library use the same disk area that you setup for Sage. As far as I know, the shows in the library are permanent. You have to delete these manually, Sage won't delete these to free up space.

2. Haven't thought about that. That would be a neat feature.

3. When a conflict comes up, Sage will give you a number of options, including to always record show A over show B. I don't think there is a way to do it right away though, only when a conflict comes up. And it would be nice to be able to denote one show as having top priority, so it would always be recorded over everything else.

4. Don't close the program! Just turn off intelligent recording if you don't like it filling up the drive.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:22 AM
Sage User

Your suggestion for #4 would be fine if it was simple to do with the keyboard. I like the intelligent recording but it would be nice if we could specify a block of time to do intelligent recording, like 5:00pm to midnight for example.