SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Clearing/Resetting Media Library

It seems through something I did when setting up my media library I have managed to double *every* item imported from the SAME UNC path / location.

Can anyone tell me how to "zero out", clear, reset the whole media library of imported videos, music and photos? Then, I can just reimport once and it should be OK.

Surprisingly, I searched the board and no one ever asked this

Thanks!

Phil
Old 12-18-2004, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

mlbdude's SageMCE can clear out sections of the library and then you can readd it afterwards
Old 12-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Ok, got the STV installed. Do you know the menu / path / action to take to do this?

Thanks.

Phil
Old 12-18-2004, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

go into my videos, my pictures or my music
and hit options from there you can manage the directories for each one
Old 12-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Sage Icon

This is the same thing as found in every other STV if you go to Detailed Setup->General->Library Imports Directories or Video Directories.

i don't think this is what he's looking for.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:55 PM
SageTVaholic

well actually in mlbdude's you can remove just pictures or whatever from certain libraries
without removing the items from every library
also I found this worked better than the normal STV (original)
which has problems like what he described

can you think of anything else???
Old 12-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
This is the same thing as found in every other STV if you go to Detailed Setup->General->Library Imports Directories or Video Directories.

i don't think this is what he's looking for.
Yeah, same thing as any other STV.

Looking more for a "remove all metadata in the database" option... I am surprised this is harder then it seems....

I wonder if I remove the UNC paths of the sources, does that automatically clear the media library?

Thanks for your time!

(Cayers, love your STV, use it faithfully)

Phil
Old 12-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Administrator

A simple "Refesh Media Library" in the "Media Library & DVD" menu didn't work? I just removed a lib dir from Detailed Setup, used refresh, & everything from that dir was gone within a couple minutes. Re-added that dir, refreshed again, and everything was back. (Or, is that exactly what you've already done?)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have not tried removing the UNC path yet that sets up the media library. I will try that next and let you know.

Thanks.

Phil
Old 12-19-2004, 12:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, well now with the media library UNC paths totally removed I have just 1 persistant copy of the media library remaining - even with nothing listed in the media library folder list.

So it seems by problem has something to do with a media folder scan that was added but never removed from when I removed the corresponding media library UNC path (a bug it seems).

So I am still stuck, now still needing the media library "cleared" so I can re-add my 2 media library UNC paths to get this right....

Thanks.

Phil
Old 12-19-2004, 01:44 AM
Administrator

For those items still listed in the lib: will they load/play if you select them, or do they no longer exist at the paths listed for them? If their actual path locations have changed, try recreating the directories for their original locations. Leave those recreated dirs blank & try to refresh the media library again. The theory behind this guess/suggestion: SageTV won't remove its own recordings if a drive doesn't exist because it can't be sure that it isn't a network drive that is just temporarily unavailable. Perhaps it won't remove library files either if it can't confirm the location. (?)

Edit: Don't forget to try restarting SageTV after changing/removing the lib dirs, if you haven't already done that too.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah I read that too. In my case now the unc path is valid and the entries stuck WILL play back with no problems.

I can try to make the share unavailable but that will just make things worse from what I read.

This brings me back to the original question on a forcible way to remove entries from the media library.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, same thing as any other STV.
no it is not
there is not this option in any other STV
it is in mlbdude's SageMC only

just to repeat myself
Quote:
go into my videos, my pictures or my music
and hit options from there you can manage the directories for each one
Old 12-19-2004, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

But this is the same functionallity available from the detailed setup-multimedia-video directories (add or remove a directory) and from the media library (refresh media library). It's just conveniently in one place/menu in the SageMC STV.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
no it is not
there is not this option in any other STV
it is in mlbdude's SageMC only

just to repeat myself
It's exactly the same thing. I know because I coded my STV the same way. You can do the same thing in my STV (got the idea from mlbdude). It just calls the exact same functions.

Although it may seem to be different it isn't. Try it yourself. Set up a new library using the options in Music and then go into Detailed Setup->General and take a look.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:15 AM

Actually it is very different. The library paths in detailed setup when entered there will add in any file type (music, videos, or pictures). Using the functions I added in the individual areas will use different functions to import only those types of files. So for example, if you add in a root drive "M:\" in the My Videos area, even though it will show up in the list in Detailed Setup only files of the type videos will be imported form there (any cover art or images in the M:\Pictures folder will be ignored).

For the new methods to be implemented completely correct, detailed setup needs to be redone to no longer show that single master (list which is now misleading) but individual lists for Pictures, Music, or Videos.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Yes, it is different in the sense that it allows breaking down which files may be imported from a lib dir, but no, it probably isn't different in the sense of getting the imported media files cleared from the list. pciccone already said he removed every lib dir & the files are still listed after refreshing. (On the other hand, maybe it can't hurt to try with these newer functions.)

I thought people had such a problem in the past, but I don't remember a solution if restarting SageTV doesn't do it.

- Andy
Old 12-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Actually it is very different.
Despite this being true I still have the same problem

Running your STV I still have the respective media listed, but the paths are not listed in each area under the options of each menu (video/pics/etc).

I assume this must be stored in the wiz database making it hard to extract at an O/S level...

I guess I should contact Frey directly on this issue. I will let you know if I get any good results back just in case this happens to someone in the future.

Phil
Old 12-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Yes, it is different in the sense that it allows breaking down which files may be imported from a lib dir
For the hell of it, I added, waiting and removed the same path to the video section of the mlbdude stv. I got the same results, entries doubled when added then back to a single copy when removed.

Phil
Old 12-19-2004, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

sorry this is not working for you
I was not sure if it would
but it is new and a little different so thought there might be a chance
maybe one of these guys with studio can open your wiz.bin for you and fix this