SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-31-2005, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't know if it's related to the problem, but your collection.xml file has some extended ASCII characters (above 128) in the Overview element.

a) they look like they have nothing to do with the (english) overview;
b) there may be some code choking on extended ASCII characters?

Just a thought.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidKnee
I managed to try the debugging version of the STV and here are the results along with the xml file (I renamed an entry for 'love actually' so ignore most of the content of the file).
nice, how do you get this debug screen, I'd love to see what it shows with my xml. Which is, unfortunately, also not yet working
Old 02-03-2005, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Load the STV I linked above, and then use the options command when on the detailed info screen (where the XML info should be displayed).
Old 02-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Stanger89 - any thoughts on why the information isn't showing up? As far as I can see it can find the XML file, but isn't displaying it.

I believe that Wheemer is looking into the import side of things as an update to the STV so if we can't get this resolved it may fall out of that.

Cheers,
SidKnee
Old 02-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Sage User

I don't have a lot more to add but I setup individual XMLs at the end of December and it was showing information for each of the movies I had in that folder. The final betas or final release of SageMC stopped showing the video information. Note that nothing changed on my end and pictures of the movies still show up. So I think something changed during the final release cycle that broke the individual XML files with the same name as the video file. Again, these same video XML files were working and now they are not with the final release.

David
Old 02-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

Hopefully Watter can eventually make some progress on this. I truely wish I had Studio at my disposal so that my passion for SageTV could be better expressed.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Load the STV I linked above, and then use the options command when on the detailed info screen (where the XML info should be displayed).
I get the same results as Sidknee, it finds the collection.xml it finds the correct movie title within, but no information is displayed.
Renamed the movie to just 'abc' to prevent any misspellings, or characters being filtered out. Attached the console output and the stv debug screen.

I hope this or dgage's comment about it workin in previous version helps.

cheers
Sweep
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage-Screen.jpg (51.9 KB, 317 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt sage-Console.txt (2.4 KB, 266 views)
Old 02-06-2005, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Do you have any DVDs you could try? Both the screenshots posted were for trouble with non-DVDs.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Do you have any DVDs you could try? Both the screenshots posted were for trouble with non-DVDs.
Hello Stanger89,
I did try with DVD as well, same result. Do you want a screendump it's basically the same, onle difference is where it says no dvd.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:47 PM
SageTVaholic

No that's OK.

Have to look at that after I pull my PVR-PCI out of my dev machine.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Stanger89 - did you get chance to look at this again? I've just read that the Wheemer/Watter SageMC STV work has unfortuntely been postponed/abandoned so I'm back to square one.

As part of my upgrade to v2.2.7 I've uninstalled & reinstalled both server and client, upgraded the JVM, and moved to the new SageMC 16x9 STV but I still run into the same problems with the library import.

I've used DVDProfiler to create the xml files, and the STV tells me that it can find the file entry in the collection (or in a standalone xml file) but it still refuses to display the information in the STV.

Any help you can provide on this would be fantastic as this is the only area of Sage that isn't working for me.

Cheers,
SidKnee
Old 04-08-2005, 06:29 AM
Sage Icon

I have just given up on getting this to work. After more cosideration I figured that using dvd profiler does not fit my needs very well (besides the fact that I could never get it to work). I would much prefer an automatic lookup based on file name. Something like the IMDB lookup in the other STVs... But I'm not skilled enough to attempt that.

It just seemed like a pain to have to edit dvd profiler everytime you add a new imported video.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Last edited by Wheemer; 04-08-2005 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I've been looking into some other (related ) stuff the last few days. I'll try and take a look at it. Is the XML you posed earlier applicable?
Old 04-08-2005, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Well I just tried it and it seems to display for me. I renamed one of my DVDs and stuck in the VIDEO_TS folder (and renamed the XML to match).
Old 04-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks guys.

Stanger89 - I'll need to try a DVD rip (as all my imports are MPG's - I use MVP's for viewing). Have you managed to confirm that it works for MPG's as well as DVD rips?
The XML I used earlier should still be OK, but just in case I'll attach the XML I've been testing with. I'll let you know how I get on with a DVD rip.

Cheers,
SidKnee
Attached Files
File Type: txt collection.xml.txt (44.3 KB, 295 views)
Old 04-10-2005, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

I renamed an MPEG and it seems to work fine. Here's what I did:

Renamed MPEG to "Love Actually.mpg"
placed your XML in the same folder and named it "Love Actually.xml"

The info showed up for me. I didn't try using it as a monolithic XML (ie specified in the properties file).
Old 04-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Must be something my end - I tried a DVD rip and get the same results (see attachments).

Could I have messed something up on the install? Other than having the DVDPro2Sage class in a sub directory of Sage, and specifying the path to the XML, is there anything else I should have done? Does the import rely on any other files being installed?

Thanks for the help,
SidKnee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg love actually 1.JPG (56.7 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg love actually 2.JPG (26.8 KB, 253 views)
Old 04-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Mlbdude - Are there any dependancies in the STV that I could have messed up (during the various installs/upgrades)?

Sweep - did you get around the problem?

Cheers,
SidKnee.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:23 AM

I would recommend using local XML files to test to see if you have some kind of issue there. Also try without the service if you run with it.

Also, what version of DVDProfiler are you using - probably does not matter since Stanger89 had it work for him.

This one is too hard to troubleshoot since we can't duplicate it.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

His XMLs say 2.3.1. So it shouldn't be that.

SidKnee, I'd try this, from the first page, download the whole zip with all the folder structures, and then DL the newest version of the STV. Give that a shot. Also make sure everything is in the right spot:

STV in STVs\OriginalV2
Images in STVs\OriginalV2\SageMCE (Is there another folder under?)
DVDPro2Sage in DVDPro2Sage