SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cayars Ultimate STV: Documentation v1.4 - June 3

This has been moved to a new thread by request to help keep the Cayars STV thread under control. Please post all document related questions/feedback here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, this is rough, but I want to get it out so I can get some feedback. Any and all is welcome, though I'm mostly looking for content feedback at this point (once I've touched up the page breaks I'll let you crituque my layout), and I'll do my best to get this document to a more usable state. The installation and FAQ sections I haven't even really worked on yet, so for now just ignore those until I get a chance to update/expand those.

Due to the large size, the guide is located here .

Thanks,

-AJ

Sorry for the large file size, but there's a TON of screen shots!

Update - 02/16/05: V1.1 released with a few updates. I added to the FAQ about commercial skipping problems with clients (seems to come up a lot), how to use the DVD list, and a section on setting up compression. If there are any errors or what not, please let me know!

Update - 2/20/05: V1.2 released with a few more updates. Questions posted after V1.1 was released have been addressed/added as well as a few other tweaks.

Update - 4/7/05: V1.3 released with a few minor fixes.

Update - 6/3/05: V1.4 fixed the URL for JAVA_R2 as requested.

Last edited by ajuhawk; 06-03-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

any updates?
I would like to see a how-to on setting up compression.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

wow, some feedback!

So no updates as of yet. With Cayars taking a break, myself being rather busy at work, and just plain needing a break from the document I have not pushed forth. I will, however, look into updating the section on how to set up compression. To date I haven't had a need for it, but I actually have a project where it would be of use, so I'll see about getting that updated early next week (if not sooner, have a ski trip this weekend so we'll see).

-Adam
Old 02-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Sage User

I just downloaded the documentation. A couple of things I noticed.
"Extract Cayars16.zip into your main SageTV directory. Please make sure nested folders get extracted correctly. This file normally only contains the menu and STV files. This should be all that is needed to upgrade from any release "5" or greater setup already installed."

A minor point, other places you talk about V17A instead of 16.

The one that actually is important is what if someone has never had and prior version installed? I've never used Cayars. Do I need to install some prior version?
Old 02-17-2005, 07:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Adam, you've got some great music in your library! I noticed some Newsboys, Dvorak and some jazz. Great stuff!
Old 02-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

looking through manual
On page 11, what does the various deletes do?
53 and 54, what do the various com detect options do or why useful

thanks,?
Old 02-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCooper63
I just downloaded the documentation. A couple of things I noticed.
"Extract Cayars16.zip into your main SageTV directory. Please make sure nested folders get extracted correctly. This file normally only contains the menu and STV files. This should be all that is needed to upgrade from any release "5" or greater setup already installed."

A minor point, other places you talk about V17A instead of 16.

The one that actually is important is what if someone has never had and prior version installed? I've never used Cayars. Do I need to install some prior version?
Thanks for pointing that out!! I originally copied the information from the 1st post in Cayars main thread and have not takent the time to update it, so I'll get that taken care of.

For anyone asking the question - No, you do not need to install a previous version prior to using the latest and greatest. The most important part is to make sure you grab and install all 3 files the first time. After that you only need the new STV file (in most cases, Cayars will let us know if this is not the case.). Hope that clears it up and I'll be sure to add this to the FAQ and install sections.

-Adam
Old 02-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
Adam, you've got some great music in your library! I noticed some Newsboys, Dvorak and some jazz. Great stuff!
I try to keep a good mix

BTW - if someone has a beautifully organized music and/or video library that actually has pictures for the CD covers and what not, I'd be glad to use your screenshots. I've never taken the time as I typically just use winamp for music...
Old 02-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakecrash
looking through manual
On page 11, what does the various deletes do?
53 and 54, what do the various com detect options do or why useful

thanks,?
Some of those I have to look up so I can remember Hope you don't mind waiting for v1.2 (coming this weekend, or next week... of the manual to get your question answered...

Thanks to all for the feedback!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

release v1.3

Just a few minor updates for any new users out there.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Sage Icon

Would you mind updating the link in the guide for JavaR1.zip to JavaR2.zip?

A few people have emailed me because the JavaR1.zip isn't on the server anymore, besides, it's out of date.

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
Would you mind updating the link in the guide for JavaR1.zip to JavaR2.zip?

A few people have emailed me because the JavaR1.zip isn't on the server anymore, besides, it's out of date.

Thanks!
Updated as requested. My appologies as I didn't even know there was a new version of the Java files Thanks for letting me know.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Sage Icon

No worries, thanks for the prompt fix.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a setting to automatically play a DVD if a DVD is inserted in the drive? I didn't find that in the documentation. What about bringing up a menu like Myth TV does for selecting play or rip?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm
Is there a setting to automatically play a DVD if a DVD is inserted in the drive? I didn't find that in the documentation. What about bringing up a menu like Myth TV does for selecting play or rip?

Thanks,
Mike
In the sage manual (should be in your installed SageTV directory) on page 160 (for version 2.2) is a list of DVD commands. These commands could probably be used to make it automatically start playing a dvd when inserted. As far as having a menu pop up you'll probably have to get one of the guys that can edit stvs to do that for you.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
WOW the guide looks awesome!

I am very interesting in trying out this stv. It has everything I wanted and more. But it seems like I better read this manual first, since I am pretty new sagetv user. I dont want to mess up my current working system.

Thanks for putting all this together. Very nice.

OK now I gotta get back to reading it!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by steingra
I am very interesting in trying out this stv. It has everything I wanted and more. But it seems like I better read this manual first, since I am pretty new sagetv user. I dont want to mess up my current working system.

Glad to hear you found it useful! Hope it helps

-Adam
Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steingra

DITTO ... Was a great help!