SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Sage

That's a setting from a long time ago. It should do what it says it does, although I haven't tested it out in a long time; but if it breaks your Wiz file, you've been warned. (so back it up first)
Old 08-05-2003, 06:39 PM

Oh cool! Thanx for the info. I'll definitely have to try this later on tonight when Sage isn't recording anything. I don't mind being a Guinea pig. Especially since thanks to Kjake my box makes automatic dated Wiz backups for the last two weeks.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

I agree...

As a prospective SageTv user ( I should get my pvr-250 card tomorrow, and I will be setting up a system tomorrow night). I am concerned about this feature.

As an experienced Tivo user I am familiar with their 28 day rule. If I watch an episode and delete it (or it falls off for space reasons) Tivo won't record that same episode again until 28 days have passed. Ideally I would like to set that time frame to something other than 28 days, 28 days works well.

With our families viewing habits, I have a number of examples Sages never record again would present problems. Example the Simpsons in syndication. I record Simpson episodes several times a day, eventually these episodes get deleted, but in syndication they come up again. I must be able to set any PVR I use to re-record these episodes.

There are other shows that behave the same way, and in a muli-view household it becomes even more serious. I suppose I will try the clear-watched flag for while and see how cumbersome it is.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:47 AM
Sage

With the SageTV Studio you'll be able to make it do things like "Clear all watched flags for the Simpsons that are more than 28 days old." Or even clear all of the watches before any certain time. The studio is VERY flexible.

The SageTV Studio is part of SageTV2 (some info found elsewhere on the forums, more details on it soon).
Old 09-16-2003, 07:22 AM
Sage Icon

NICE. That should make a lot of people happy!

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by Narflex
With the SageTV Studio you'll be able to make it do things like "Clear all watched flags for the Simpsons that are more than 28 days old." Or even clear all of the watches before any certain time. The studio is VERY flexible.

The SageTV Studio is part of SageTV2 (some info found elsewhere on the forums, more details on it soon).
Old 09-18-2003, 07:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by Narflex
You're kidding!?! It was my understanding that the SageTV studio was going to allow you to modify the look and feel of everything but not actualy change product behaviors. If the Studio product allows modification of fundamental behavious, I'll be in heaven. That's fantastic.

Now if I could just get my SageTV installation to stay up more than 24 hours at a time, I'd be set.

-Watter
Old 09-18-2003, 04:28 PM
Sage

Watter,

That's what makes the studio so powerful. It DOES have the power to allow you to completely modify product behavior, not just the look and feel. Very good description.

What problems are you having keeping your system up?
Old 09-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't know what's going on with my system. It was rock solid for a couple of months but the last week has been hell. It will work fine for hours and then I'll come home from work and see a message along the lines of "encoder is no longer recording" (or something like that - I don't recall exactly). I basically have to uninstall and delete the directory and reinstall to get it working again.

I swear, I'm going to scream if I have to setup my channels (satellite system) one more time.

As of right now, it's been up for around 30 hours which is the longest it's been up in the past week, so maybe I utterred whatever the magical words were last time I installed. Here's to hoping. If it goes down again, I'll make a separate post looking for help.

-Watter
Old 09-19-2003, 10:03 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Can you think back to what you may have done to your system since the problem started occurring? Everything from something you may have downloaded to a driver you may have updated. It sounds like something outside of SageTV is affecting the performance of your system.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Sage

Can you post the specific error message?
Old 09-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

It's more than 48 hours now and the system is still up so so I don't have the error message to post (can't remember the exat wording). Anyway, for now I'm happy.

It was definitely some changes I made outside of Sage TV which led to the instability. If the problem arise again, I'll go into the details, but for now, I'm not sure what I did that got it back on track or what I originally did which got it off track so I'll just let the matter rest.

As I said, if the problem pops up again, I'll post about it. I sincerely appreciate your willingness to help, though. The level of customer service available from both Frey and this community is one of SageTV's finer qualitites.

-Watter
Old 09-19-2003, 04:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to -LD
rerun:

Old 09-19-2003, 08:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Worst rerun ever!!
AMD athlon64X2 3800+, Foxconn (Winfast 6150K8MA-8EKRS) 6150, Windows Vista Ultimate, Geforce FX EVGA 7800gt CO, 1gig 400mhz ddr Ram, 500 gig Western Digital Sata 2 hard drive 8 meg cache, Tuners: Wintv PVR 500 dual tuner, Fusion3 GoldT, NEC 3540a dvd+rw, Sagetv 5.0 Dell 20.1" 2005FPW