PDA

View Full Version : DVB Satellite for Indian channels in United States

manufuji
03-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Sorry for the newbie question. I am relatively new to sageTV. I wanted to know how I can get started to get Indian Channels via satellite. I think it's called "FTA". What kind of tuner do I need? Is there a guide on how to get it working under sageTV? What kind of dish do I need? Thanks.

Lucas
03-20-2010, 12:31 PM
This is the wrong forum for your question but from what I could see from www.lyngsat.com, there's only 1 FTA indian channel over sat(Galaxy 19) to the US.

For FTA you just need any dvb-s receiver which has a BDA driver. I think a 24-36inch dish would suffice.

I suspect that there could be lots more the Dish or DirectTV paytv services but their reception through SageTV may be a bit more complex.

The most simple setup for paytv would require the receiver being connected to your sagetv server via S-video to an analog capture card. More expensive systems use a modified receiver (R5000 I think) which behaves like a network encoder to sagetv. This offers the best quality.

stanger89
03-20-2010, 02:16 PM
I suspect that there could be lots more the Dish or DirectTV paytv services but their reception through SageTV may be a bit more complex.

Only Dish or DTV boxes can recieve Dish or DTV.