PDA

View Full Version : Experience streaming danish public service channels

beda
07-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi all,

I am in the process of relocating from US to Denmark and will bring my WHS / Sagetv 7 & HD300 extender along.

I was hoping to avoid cable tv providers and stream DK channels (DR1, DR2, TV2 ect) via the internet in realtime, i.e. not just the recorded offerings on their websites....

Has anyone got experience in this regard?

Smiley
07-15-2011, 08:44 AM
I have been working on that some time ago, but there is a lot of work involved and since I became a father there is not much time for playing with sagetv extensions.

The problem lies in (at least for DR) the streaming protocol used - RTSP, which is not supported by SageTV out of the box. Building an RTSP plugin for Sage is possible, and I do have a (not completely functional) prototype somewhere, but there were stability issues when running on extenders and I haven't looked at it for months... hmm.. come to think of it, it may be years :-)

I suppose it can be solved given the required effort - that was the case when I built a plugin for shoutcast netradio, and that has been running smoothly for years now - both on SD and HD extenders.

You can find the live shows from DR here:
http://www.dr.dk/nu/live#/DR1

Cheers,

Smiley

rtengvad
07-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Why not buy a DVB-T antenna and connect a DVB-T tuner to your sage system. As long as it is only the licensed paid channels you are interested in its free an easy to set-up.

Rasmus