Go Back   SageTV Community > dranockcir
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Conversation Between dranockcir and SageWizdom
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. SageWizdom
    03-01-2016 08:41 PM
    SageWizdom
    I dont know if you saw, but per our previous question, I posted an auto install script. I think I have a working version up, and I'm playing with one where I think I just worked out a few other bugs... if you check in a day or so, you should be able to autoinstall most of sage on top of ubuntu pretty quick and easy.
  2. dranockcir
    02-03-2016 09:27 PM
    dranockcir
    Automating the install would be awesome. I have been using the debs stuckless made and it's not to tough but getting Java and the additional libraries is a pain, that's where I use your docs for reference.

The only problem I have with Sage and Linux is the Client, specifically mplayer. Do you use the Linux client and if so does mplayer work for you?

I don't see anyone complaining about mplayer so I'm not to sure just how many Linux users there are. Stuckless is busy with the Android Client (which works beautifully locally and on my LAN) so I thought just maybe I could help with mplayer but I'm over my head.
  3. SageWizdom
    02-03-2016 08:27 PM
    SageWizdom
    I'm glad it was helpful. I figure I'm not great with java so I cant help there. May as well try and document the other bits. What I really want to rip into is an automated install script... one of these days. Definitely throw out there if there is something that will help.
  4. dranockcir
    01-31-2016 08:03 AM
    dranockcir
    Hey!

Just want to say thanks for your efforts in documenting Linux related installs. They are very handy to reference. :-)

Rick