SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV v7 Customizations (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Plugin: Sage Recording Extender 4 (SREv4) (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57364)

spacecadet 12-26-2011 12:01 PM

Actually, the "Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record." message is all over my SRE log file, even when I am not watching live TV and nothing else is schedule to record afterwards. So, may not be strictly related to watching live TV while an event is airing.

Slugger 12-26-2011 12:26 PM

Interesting... ok, I'll take a look at that probably this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some logic errors in that code since it was rewritten as a part of v4 and since I don't use that feature myself, it probably wasn't as heavily tested as other parts of the code.

Slugger 12-26-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecadet (Post 523158)
Actually, the "Monitor disabled because ignore back to back is enabled and the next airing is scheduled to record." message is all over my SRE log file, even when I am not watching live TV and nothing else is schedule to record afterwards. So, may not be strictly related to watching live TV while an event is airing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugger (Post 523160)
Interesting... ok, I'll take a look at that probably this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some logic errors in that code since it was rewritten as a part of v4 and since I don't use that feature myself, it probably wasn't as heavily tested as other parts of the code.

Just took a quick look at the code and the bug is obvious... enabling the "ignore front end of back to back recordings" option will trigger the bug. Until the next update, all users should disable this option.

Issue 321 has been opened for this. Given the severity of this bug, I'll actually try to fix it ASAP, but the holiday schedule is a little hectic this week. But this is now the next thing I will look at. Those interested in updates on my progress can star that issue at Google Code.

spacecadet 12-26-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugger (Post 523161)
Just took a quick look at the code and the bug is obvious... enabling the "ignore front end of back to back recordings" option will trigger the bug. Until the next update, all users should disable this option.

Issue 321 has been opened for this. Given the severity of this bug, I'll actually try to fix it ASAP, but the holiday schedule is a little hectic this week. But this is now the next thing I will look at. Those interested in updates on my progress can star that issue at Google Code.

Thanks Slugger. No rush needed. Enjoy the holidays!

:goodjob:

Slugger 12-27-2011 09:52 AM

Build 1737 available

Build 1737 is now in the repository. This build fixes the above mentioned bug with the "ignore front half of back to back recordings" setting. It also fixes another bug I discovered while fixing the first one - a monitor would never come out of idle state once it got there; this is now also fixed.

Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary with this build.

wayner 12-27-2011 01:19 PM

SageTVService crashes upon reloading UI after enabling SRE

It appears that most of my many Extenders did not have the SRE UI enabled - I generally have used the web page to monitor recordings in the past. But given the new "hide timeline" feature I am in enabling it on all clients. Last night I tried enabling the UI on one of my clients - it asked to reload the UI and I said yes. After this the client to stop responding and it caused the SageTVService to crash on my server. I had to restart the service. When everything came back up the SRE UI was now enabled.

I tried it again this morning on another client with the same result. I assume that this is likely caused by something in the reload UI code rather than the SRE UI itself. I have reloaded the UI many times in the past without problems although I can't remember the last time I did this.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

My only recent changes have been stuff related to the weather service updates so I have had to upgrade Diamond and the SageTV STV to get the right weather forecast and icons.

FYI I am using Sage 7.1.9.256 and Java 1.6.0_23. I use the Diamond Serenity Now for my UI and OS is Win 7 Pro 32bit.

tmiranda 12-27-2011 01:34 PM

Did you happen to save the logfiles when this happened? I've never seen this so I'd like to investigate to see what happened. The UI plugin doesn't do anything strange or unnatural but maybe the logs will tell me something.

wayner 12-27-2011 01:55 PM

Unfortunately not but I have more extenders to go so I will do so the next time.

cat6man 12-27-2011 08:01 PM

a little more data.

i uninstalled SRE4 and the tmiranda UI, then re-installed them.

SRE4 and overrides work from Hd300 and from sagetv pc, but i still have problems going through nielm's UI.

now when i use nielm's UI, i get an error even earlier.
i set up an SRE recording, then go to 'upcoming recordings' and click on that scheduled recording. i get an error message as follows:

=========

College Basketball

Episode: Vanderbilt at Marquette

Manual RecordingFirst Run

Airing: Dec 29, 2011 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM

Duration: 2h 0m

Channel: 574-ESPN2HD

Category: Sports event/Basketball

HDTV, Live

Show ID: SP2540900000

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/code/sagetvaddons/sre/engine/DataStore
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/code/sagetvaddons/sre/engine/DataStore
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.DetailedInfoServlet.doServletGet(DetailedInfoServlet.java:509)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:86)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1504)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1479)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1366)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Slugger 12-27-2011 08:14 PM

Did you restart Sage after reinstalling the plugins? There are cases where Sage will upgrade the web UI and think it can avoid a restart, but it's wrong because of changes in packaging of the web UI.

If you did restart Sage, in your JARs folder, does sre.jar exist? Is it the most recent?

To get that exception dumped basically means the following has happened (assuming you've already restarted Sage, if that's not the case then restart before reading the following):

The core thinks SREv4 is installed, but it's not - the jar is missing (EDIT: or you've got an old jar stuck in the JARs folder, refusing to upgrade OR you've got multiple copies of the sre.jar file, such as sre.jar and "Copy of sre.jar" [Windows only]). I've seen this happen to users on systems where they've reinstalled Sage, restored props files from a previous backup, including the plugin repository index listings, but did not restore all of their plugin jar files, etc. Basically this confuses the core into thinking plugins are installed even though the plugin files are missing. However, recent builds of Sage should produce a system message in this case.

cat6man 12-27-2011 08:32 PM

re-start fixed the new problem and now i'm back to the 404 not found.
since it works except in webUI, i'm going to re-install that next.

edit: nope, that didn't help either..........not a biggie though as override works fine on sage PC
and via extender

Slugger 12-27-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat6man (Post 523225)
re-start fixed the new problem and now i'm back to the 404 not found.
since it works except in webUI, i'm going to re-install that next.

edit: nope, that didn't help either..........not a biggie though as override works fine on sage PC
and via extender

Go to /sage/sre4_edit.gsp on the web ui. Does that page load? If not, what's the error? I'm really confused as to what the problem is. Are you on Linux by any chance? If so, check the file permissions on the sre4.groovy file, is it readable by the user running the sagetv process? Increasing the log level of the Jetty plugin might give us answers, too.

cat6man 12-27-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugger (Post 523227)
Go to /sage/sre4_edit.gsp on the web ui. Does that page load? If not, what's the error? I'm really confused as to what the problem is. Are you on Linux by any chance? If so, check the file permissions on the sre4.groovy file, is it readable by the user running the sagetv process? Increasing the log level of the Jetty plugin might give us answers, too.

http://192.168.1.100:8080/sage/home works and goes to webUI home page.

http://192.168.1.100:8080/sage/sre4_edit.gsp fails with '404 page not found'

no linux here

Slugger 12-27-2011 09:35 PM

I don't know then. :) Without more detailed logs from jetty and/or sage with errors/exceptions explaining why jetty thinks that file doesn't exist then I don't think there's anything else I can do.

cat6man 12-27-2011 09:43 PM

log files next

tmiranda 12-28-2011 08:12 AM

One idea to consider: SREv4 uses fewer dependency plugins but when you upgrade Sage does not automatically remove the dependencies that are no longer needed, maybe these old unnecessary dependency plugins are creating some sort of conflict? Can you try to uninstall all unnecessary plugins? (This must be done manually.)

larryf 12-28-2011 10:49 AM

seeing '404' here too

Having the same problem here too, seeing a 404 at the above links...

I'm running on port 8080 as Teamviewer is using port 80. Should I see SRE4 listed if I go to http://192.168.1.43:8080/apps/ ? It's not listed there, but I believe it used to be. All I see is Sagealert, Sagetv Web Interface, and Sagex. (edited to say, clicking on sagex gets a 404, maybe a leftover link from an old version).

I don't know how to generate Jetty logs, I'll have to read up a bit. Also, I'm running Win7 X64 if that makes a difference.

Larry

Slugger 12-28-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryf (Post 523254)

I'm running on port 8080 as Teamviewer is using port 80. Should I see SRE4 listed if I go to http://192.168.1.43:8080/apps/ ? It's not listed there, but I believe it used to be. All I see is Sagealert, Sagetv Web Interface, and Sagex. (edited to say, clicking on sagex gets a 404, maybe a leftover link from an old version).

I don't know how to generate Jetty logs, I'll have to read up a bit. Also, I'm running Win7 X64 if that makes a difference.

Larry

You won't see anything under apps - the SREv4 web pages are a part of the nielm web UI (a.k.a. Sagetv Web Interface) now.

I suspect the 404 is being caused by an exception being generated, probably due to a missing jar or something and jetty is catching the exception and responding with the 404 error. But without some kind of log output, it's only a guess and a very broad one at that. Without logs showing the underlying cause, I have no idea where to even begin looking (if I'm even right).

Slugger 12-28-2011 12:36 PM

Maximum jetty logging...

Especially on Windows, just increasing the jetty log level in the plugin config may not be enough. To get the most detailed jetty logging, follow these instructions:

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addo...tyDebugLogging

Remember to undo everything after generating the logs.

cat6man 12-28-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryf (Post 523254)

Larry

YES! I'm not crazy :D

i'm also running port 8080 by the way......XP windows here

voorhees 12-29-2011 09:06 AM

Slugger, I am getting some strange behavior with monitoring status of upcoming football games (both NFL and College). In SageTV the upcoming KC vs. Denver game on Sunday 01 Jan 2012 shows a "Monitor status is invalid." When I go to today’s date at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20111229) it shows the KC vs. Denver game. But, when I go to 01 Jan 2012 at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120101) it shows no NFL events for that day. Also for college football, when I go to 09 Jan 2012 at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120109) I do not see any college football events, however that is the day of the BCS National Championship (Alabama vs. LSU). In fact, other than a game or two for CFL, I do not see any NFL or College Football at livepvrdata after 31 Dec 2011 (so none in 2012). Is the new year messing with the data so they are not showing up at livepvrdata to be monitored? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Slugger 12-29-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voorhees (Post 523300)
Slugger, I am getting some strange behavior with monitoring status of upcoming football games (both NFL and College). In SageTV the upcoming KC vs. Denver game on Sunday 01 Jan 2012 shows a "Monitor status is invalid." When I go to today’s date at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20111229) it shows the KC vs. Denver game. But, when I go to 01 Jan 2012 at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120101) it shows no NFL events for that day. Also for college football, when I go to 09 Jan 2012 at livepvrdata (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120109) I do not see any college football events, however that is the day of the BCS National Championship (Alabama vs. LSU). In fact, other than a game or two for CFL, I do not see any NFL or College Football at livepvrdata after 31 Dec 2011 (so none in 2012). Is the new year messing with the data so they are not showing up at livepvrdata to be monitored? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This should be fixed at livepvrdata.com. It may take up to 24 hours for the changes to be reflected in SRE (because SRE only validates future airings once a day).

voorhees 12-30-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugger (Post 523310)
This should be fixed at livepvrdata.com. It may take up to 24 hours for the changes to be reflected in SRE (because SRE only validates future airings once a day).

Slugger, thanks so much for fixing this. Looks like everything has updated and will be monitored. Thanks again.

voorhees 01-06-2012 07:00 AM

Slugger, I was wondering is SRE was going to monitor the NFL post season? I thought it had on the past, but I am not certain of that.

When I go to livepvrdata.com for tomorrows wild card post season games (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120107), the set of NFL data is from last weekend’s games. Saturday’s games are Cincinnati vs. Houston at 4:30pm EST and Detroit vs. New Orleans at 8:00pm EST, however they are not listed. I was hoping SRE was going to monitor the NFL post season also if at all possible. Thanks.

Slugger 01-06-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voorhees (Post 523985)
Slugger, I was wondering is SRE was going to monitor the NFL post season? I thought it had on the past, but I am not certain of that.

When I go to livepvrdata.com for tomorrows wild card post season games (http://www.livepvrdata.com/events.jsp?date=20120107), the set of NFL data is from last weekend’s games. Saturday’s games are Cincinnati vs. Houston at 4:30pm EST and Detroit vs. New Orleans at 8:00pm EST, however they are not listed. I was hoping SRE was going to monitor the NFL post season also if at all possible. Thanks.

I have to make some adjustments to the NFL monitor code. I plan on doing that after work today. Everything should be good to go before the the first kickoff tomorrow.

voorhees 01-06-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugger (Post 524004)
I have to make some adjustments to the NFL monitor code. I plan on doing that after work today. Everything should be good to go before the the first kickoff tomorrow.

Slugger, thanks so much for all of your hard work on this great plugin.

tmiranda 01-06-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voorhees (Post 524012)
Slugger, thanks so much for all of your hard work on this great plugin.

+1

Slugger 01-06-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugger (Post 524004)

The update on livepvrdata.com is done. Playoff games can now be monitored. Depending on your EPG data, you may need overrides to monitor the games, but the games are now found by livepvrdata.

wayner 01-07-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmiranda (Post 522831)
STVi highlight: You will have the ability to hide the timeline for recordings that were monitored by SRE. I always found it annoying that you could more or less predict if the game was going into OT by looking at the time remaining in the timeline. Now you can simply turn the timeline off.

I love this feature - but perhaps a slight modification.

Would it be possible to totally hide the timeline so it doesn't appear at all when you press the transport keys? When watching sports I spend a lot of time skipping and everytime I press skip the timeline bar still comes up? Currently it comes up and says something like "Timeline is disabled for SRE monitored recordings." instead of showing the actual timeline. I would rather have it not appear at all as it blocks part of the screen and doesn't perform any useful function, except telling you the time.

spacecadet 01-07-2012 12:38 PM

Slugger,

I'm having an issue where the "Remove Manual Flag from Favorite" does not always work. I logged Issue 330 that describes the problem.

Otherwise, v4 is working great!

:thumb:

tmiranda 01-07-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner (Post 524071)
I love this feature - but perhaps a slight modification.

Would it be possible to totally hide the timeline so it doesn't appear at all when you press the transport keys? When watching sports I spend a lot of time skipping and everytime I press skip the timeline bar still comes up? Currently it comes up and says something like "Timeline is disabled for SRE monitored recordings." instead of showing the actual timeline. I would rather have it not appear at all as it blocks part of the screen and doesn't perform any useful function, except telling you the time.

That can be done, please open a ticket here: tickets

spacecadet 01-08-2012 12:08 PM

I thought in SREv3, live TV was never monitored (only manual recordings and favorites). Has this changed in v4?

I watched both football games live yesterday and SRE monitored and extended both of them and flagged them as manual recordings. This is not what I would have expected.

Slugger 01-08-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecadet (Post 524133)
I thought in SREv3, live TV was never monitored (only manual recordings and favorites). Has this changed in v4?

I watched both football games live yesterday and SRE monitored and extended both of them and flagged them as manual recordings. This is not what I would have expected.

If the airings would still match a favourite then they'd still be monitored. If they didn't then that's a bug, need log files (in a ticket, preferably, please).

spacecadet 01-08-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugger (Post 524136)
If the airings would still match a favourite then they'd still be monitored. If they didn't then that's a bug, need log files (in a ticket, preferably, please).

These were definitely not matching a favorite and were not a manual recording. I logged Issue 331 with the details.

Thanks!

tmiranda 01-09-2012 07:35 AM

Slugger,

Somehting went wrong with the Bronco's game yesterday. It looked like it was being monitored but still stopped recording at the regularly scheduled time. I'll send the logfile when I get home tonight, but I was wondering if anybody else had this problem?

Tom

voorhees 01-09-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmiranda (Post 524178)
Somehting went wrong with the Bronco's game yesterday. It looked like it was being monitored but still stopped recording at the regularly scheduled time. I'll send the logfile when I get home tonight, but I was wondering if anybody else had this problem?

My monitoring of the Broncos game worked fine and extended the game a short period past the planned recording period to just after the OT "Mile High Miracle." However, I did have a problem like you mentioned about two or three months ago on an Auburn game that ran long but SRE did not extend it. I looked through my log files, and was able to convince myself that I may have caused the problem or that is was an isolated incident and rebooted my server. The problem has not come back since then.

Slugger 01-09-2012 11:44 PM

Tom's problem was a lack of an override, SRE worked as expected. I cranked up the logging in some areas in the latest build, which should help make it clearer when things appear to go wrong. What was once only logged in DEBUG and TRACE levels will now be logged at INFO level, which is the default level. I didn't move all logging to INFO, just some logging describing what info SRE is using to monitor and what response was received from livepvrdata.

All users are encouraged to upgrade to the latest build.

tmiranda 01-10-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugger (Post 524273)
Tom's problem was a lack of an override, SRE worked as expected.

Yup, user error :blush:

jbuszkie 01-10-2012 04:10 PM

I'm looking to monitor Sunday's game with the packers and giants.

I just did an EPG update to fix the TBA teams and now the guide shows
the actual teams. Then i set the game to record. but in the webbrowser it shows Monitor status invalid?
I looked at the livepvrdata for next sunday and it shows the game.

I had to put an override in for the New England on saturday before I did the EPG update.. That seems to have the correct status.

What am I missing here? Should I do an override for that as well even though the teams are listed on the EPG?

I would also request that you add some notation on the first post that notes that the webUI was moved to nielm's webserver! It took me a while looking for the war file and installing and uninstalling the plugin before I read several posts later that it was moved! That might help other people.. (and/or update the wiki)

Thanks,

Jim

Slugger 01-10-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbuszkie (Post 524338)
I'm looking to monitor Sunday's game with the packers and giants.

I just did an EPG update to fix the TBA teams and now the guide shows
the actual teams. Then i set the game to record. but in the webbrowser it shows Monitor status invalid?
I looked at the livepvrdata for next sunday and it shows the game.

Have a look in plugins\sre4\sre.log... it should have errors saying why it couldn't find the status for the game. Also note that SRE only validates future airings every 20 mins, but only validates a specific airing once a day. If the status was invalid then the EPG data was updated it may take up to 24 hours for the status to be corrected. You could use the UserRecord editor in the web UI to go in and clear the timestamp for the airing and have it revalidate within 20 mins (but I highly discourage this practice). You could also create an override, overrides are always validated immediately.

Quote:

I had to put an override in for the New England on saturday before I did the EPG update.. That seems to have the correct status.
Yup, overrides are validated immediately.

Quote:

What am I missing here? Should I do an override for that as well even though the teams are listed on the EPG?
Wait up to 24 hours or create an override. Overrides are validated immediately. (Is there an echo in the room? :D)

Quote:

I would also request that you add some notation on the first post that notes that the webUI was moved to nielm's webserver! It took me a while looking for the war file and installing and uninstalling the plugin before I read several posts later that it was moved! That might help other people.. (and/or update the wiki)
Yeah, I need to update the docs everywhere, including the release notes of the plugin, which still refer to the separate web UI.