SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV United Kingdom (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   TBS 6284 PCI-E DVB-T2 Quad TV Tuner Card (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57446)

jamesdisco 11-09-2011 06:29 AM

TBS 6284 PCI-E DVB-T2 Quad TV Tuner Card

I'd be interested to know if anyone has one of these working natively with sage.
TBS6284 PCI-E DVB-T2 Quad TV Tuner Card

Oddity 11-14-2011 02:14 PM

Yes, see this thread. Have tested natively

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55957

Not using it as I need to use a plugin to decrypt channels.

rickgillyon 11-15-2011 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddity (Post 520449)

That thread's about a different card, OP here is asking about a quad-tuner freeview card.

jamesdisco 11-15-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddity (Post 520449)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickgillyon (Post 520481)
That thread's about a different card, OP here is asking about a quad-tuner freeview card.

I got excited there until i saw you linking back to the sat card. One each of these quad cards would do away with all the many others cards and usb tuners.

rickgillyon 11-15-2011 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesdisco (Post 520482)
I got excited there until i saw you linking back to the sat card. One each of these quad cards would do away with all the many others cards and usb tuners.

I think you should just buy one and test it for the community... :D

jamesdisco 11-16-2011 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickgillyon (Post 520483)
I think you should just buy one and test it for the community... :D

I'm getting tempted, although I don't really want to add to my collection of redundant tuners, I must get some of them listed on ebay.

rickgillyon 11-16-2011 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesdisco (Post 520593)
I'm getting tempted, although I don't really want to add to my collection of redundant tuners, I must get some of them listed on ebay.

I had a clearout of my (s)crap cupboard at one point, and I had three tuners listed at a time for four weeks solid... :)

brewston 11-16-2011 05:34 AM

Its a shame Sage left no easy way to add tuner support isn't it ?

Oddity 11-16-2011 02:07 PM

Sorry about the link to the S2 card, there are two threads running with very similar titles.

Have seen the T2 card at but at $230 its outside my budget at the moment given that I have more than enough dvb and dvt-t2 sources available.

Maybe worth upgrading when there are more DVB-T2 channels available.

jamesdisco 12-15-2011 08:39 AM

Ive ordered one for my new server. I'll let you know how i get on.

jamesdisco 12-22-2011 06:42 AM

It works!

It doesnt get as good a signal as the pinnacle tuners. They are about 95% the TBS gets about 65-70% but recordings are coming out fine.

I bought mine here from a UK supplier who allowed me try it and send it back it it didnt work.

jaminben 12-22-2011 07:13 AM

How is the channel change speed? And I guess the HD channels work ok as well?

jamesdisco 12-22-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaminben (Post 522959)
How is the channel change speed? And I guess the HD channels work ok as well?

Channel change speed is same as pinnacle tuners sometimes get a brief no signal. (This only started happening in V7. V6 never did it.) Nothing like as fast as the changing on the TBS6984 which is noticeably quicker than my pinnacle tuners.
Cant test the HD channels as Bilsdale hasn't switched over yet. I dont see a problem as its meant to be DVB-T2 part of the reason i bought it.

jaminben 12-22-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesdisco (Post 522961)
Channel change speed is same as pinnacle tuners sometimes get a brief no signal. (This only started happening in V7. V6 never did it.) Nothing like as fast as the changing on the TBS6984 which is noticeably quicker than my pinnacle tuners.
Cant test the HD channels as Bilsdale hasn't switched over yet. I dont see a problem as its meant to be DVB-T2 part of the reason i bought it.

Ok, thanks.... may have to get one of these over the festive season if I can.

i0zjh02 01-04-2012 09:05 AM

HD Channels

Hi Can you tell me did SageTV Scan and find the HD channels automatically or did you have to manually enter them in your frequency file ?

i0zjh02 01-05-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i0zjh02 (Post 523749)
Hi Can you tell me did SageTV Scan and find the HD channels automatically or did you have to manually enter them in your frequency file ?

Its OK, I tried it last night and finds all channels including HD ones (after ensuring all the right frequencies were being scanned), must say I'm really pleased with quality of this card so far, and has freed up all the slots my previous HVR-1700s were using!!

mevans 04-03-2012 08:32 AM

Hi all,

There have been no posts to this thread for a while, and i just wanted to see how people were getting on with this quad T2 card.

I'm thinking of adding it in to my WHS (v1) box, probably just using it for the HD channels only.

Has anybody used it with WHS?

As i understand it, SageTV v7 sees all of the tuners natively. is this true?

Cheers

Mevans

pjwerdna 04-03-2012 12:57 PM

Ive just tried the Dual tuner version of this card. (about two minutes ago!)

After putting the right freqency entry in the PredefinedDVBT.frq file for my transmitter I can get the HD channels picked up.

However I cant get it to play any HD channel as it always says "Sage.playbackexception: error (-5:0x80040200): there was a problem rendering the audio portion of the content for playback. SD channels are fine.

This is currently on Windows 7 test machine on which the media center plays back the HD channels without errors :confused:

So it partly works, but theres something not covered in a normal windows 7 install thats missing

i0zjh02 04-07-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mevans (Post 529489)
Hi all,

There have been no posts to this thread for a while, and i just wanted to see how people were getting on with this quad T2 card.

I'm thinking of adding it in to my WHS (v1) box, probably just using it for the HD channels only.

Has anybody used it with WHS?

As i understand it, SageTV v7 sees all of the tuners natively. is this true?

Cheers

Mevans

Hi been using this quad tuner for 3 months now and must say its really good and had no problems at all - rock solid, tunes in relatively quickly and much less "blocky" reception issues than i had on my 4 previous hauppauge tuners (3xHVR 1700's and a HVR 1300)
Picked up all 4 tuners straight away and all channels on scan (once default frequency file corrected for proper Winterhill frequencies) - Would definitely recommend it

jaminben 04-11-2012 10:03 AM

Got one of these today :) Scanned all channels just fine and HD channels also so pretty pleased with that.

The only downside is that all my guide data which is over-the-air is all messed up with funny characters... never had this with my USB tuners. Anyone else seen this and know how to fix it?

Cheers

Ben