SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV Software (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Error creating discovery socket:java.net.BindException: Address already in use: Canno (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66842)

CptKirk 11-26-2021 05:54 PM

Error creating discovery socket:java.net.BindException: Address already in use: Canno
 
Quote:

Error creating discovery socket:java.net.BindException: Address already in use: Cannot bind
That error is just scattered throughout the sagetv_X.txt log files.

No idea if it is causing any problems. I've seen it for a long time.

Does anyone know what could be causing this error?

nyplayer 11-26-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptKirk (Post 631880)
That error is just scattered throughout the sagetv_X.txt log files.

No idea if it is causing any problems. I've seen it for a long time.

Does anyone know what could be causing this error?

It looks like you are using the same port as another app.

wnjj 11-27-2021 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyplayer (Post 631886)
It looks like you are using the same port as another app.

Yeah. According to the code, the port it’s trying to use is defined by the “encoding_discovery_port” sage.properties setting and is defaulted to 8271.

CptKirk 11-27-2021 10:48 AM

Thanks for the replies. I checked my sage.properties and find 8271 in two locations:

Quote:

discovery_port=8271
encoding_discovery_port=8271
On the sage machine I used
Quote:

netstat -a -b -o
to find out what ports were in use and who was using them.

This finds
Quote:

[svchost.exe]
UDP 0.0.0.0:8271 *:* 2316
and
Quote:

[wmpnetwk.exe]
UDP [::]:8271 *:* 2316
If I check resource monitor, Network tab, Listening ports section, it shows java.exe as the only app using 8271.

I'm going to do a quick check to see if just disabling the 'wmpnetwk.exe' service helps.

If not, I'll try and change the two locations in sage.properties to point to a different port, probably just 8272.

++ Updated ++

Disabling the 'wmpnetwk.exe' service didn't help.

Changed 8271 to 8272 in the two locations in the sage.properties and mentioned above and then reboot the machine.

If I now check resource monitor, Network tab, Listening ports section, it shows java.exe as using 8271, and SageTVService.exe using 8272.

Also, now getting no socket:java.net.BindException error messages in the sage log file.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.