SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV Media Extender (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Lost Sage TV Menus on my MVP (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49650)

hughinboston 07-13-2010 01:46 PM

Lost Sage TV Menus on my MVP

Hi all;

I have a Hauppauge MVP player that I've been using successfully with my Sage TV setup for about 2 years. Yesterday, the PC that Sage runs on crashed and when it came back up and I rebooted the MVP I got the old MVP menus on the TV - not the Sage ones. Yuk. I tried a few things to see if I could figure out what setting got un-done in the PC crash but can't. Does anyone know how the MVP knows to pull the Sage menu system from that PC? I'm hoping to avoid an uninstall and re-install of the Sage system.

Thanks in advance...

-Hugh

paulbeers 07-13-2010 05:26 PM

Is the setting for Sage to "talk" to extenders turned on?

hughinboston 07-14-2010 12:42 PM

Paul;

Yup, I think so. In Setup --> Detailed Setup --> Server, Media Extender and Placeshifter server is set to "Enabled". And I've checked and Sage sees a valid "Media Extender for MVP" license.

Thanks for any ideas...

-Hugh

GKusnick 07-14-2010 01:05 PM

Make sure the Hauppauge MVP server software is not installed on your Sage server (or on any other computer on your LAN) since that will prevent Sage from serving the MVP clients.

Other than that, just make sure your network is operating correctly and that your MVP has a valid IP address on the same subnet as your Sage server. If your server has more than one NIC/IP address, make sure the one on the MVP subnet has priority.

hughinboston 07-14-2010 01:24 PM

The MVP software is installed (has been for the last 2 years) but those 2 services are set to the "Disabled" state and do not run.

The subnets are all good. The MVP is set to connect to the correct PC on the network (the one running Sage).

I also tried to do a "Repair" of Sage in Windows Add/Remove Programs. No joy.

The MVP is still getting stuck at "Contacting MediaMVP Bootserver".

It's as though the Sage server is no longer listening at the correct TCP or UDP port on the PC.

Thanks for the ideas. If nothing else pans out I'll just have to bite the bullet and uninstall and reinstall Sage. I was just hoping to avoid that.

-Hugh

GKusnick 07-14-2010 01:28 PM

Do you have a firewall on the server that could be blocking those ports?

hughinboston 07-14-2010 01:35 PM

Nope, wide open. And if I do start the MVP services, the MVP boots into the MVP software just fine and I can watch a video. So it just seems to be a setting somwhere in the Sage config or perhaps the registry that got corrupted. I think a re-install is in order.

-Hugh

GKusnick 07-14-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughinboston (Post 436338)
The subnets are all good.
It's as though the Sage server is no longer listening at the correct TCP or UDP port on the PC.

But is the server listening on the correct NIC? You said "subnets", plural.