SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV v7 Customizations (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Plugin :: PlayON for v7 (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49042)

skyeclad 03-06-2011 12:48 PM

Hey guys, I'm trying something new out and I'm missing a step.

Up until today, this plugin has been working out perfectly for me. I decided to move the Playon server to another pc client on my network and shut off the server that coexists on my Sage Server. Anyhow, I can use the UPNP browser in the Sagetv plugin and can see the new Playon server and browse it. However, the Browse Playon, Hulu, Netflix etc functions don't return any videos. I restarted my sage server but I think the direct to Hulu, Netflix links are still pointing to the old server.

Does anyone know how to move the pointers to the new Upnp playon location? TIA.

Jimmi24 03-11-2011 07:45 PM

I am having a problem playing Hulu videos.

when I run the HD200 in standalone mode, it plays Hulu fine and works perfect.

When I access it through the plugin, it plays the first 2 or 3 seconds and then kicks me back to the previous screen. I have tried this on several different shows and networks and it's always the same.

Any ideas? I am running all the latest software for sage, playon and the plugin. Thanks.

jarredduq 03-11-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi24 (Post 486699)
I am having a problem playing Hulu videos.

when I run the HD200 in standalone mode, it plays Hulu fine and works perfect.

When I access it through the plugin, it plays the first 2 or 3 seconds and then kicks me back to the previous screen. I have tried this on several different shows and networks and it's always the same.

Any ideas? I am running all the latest software for sage, playon and the plugin. Thanks.

I'm having the same problem with Netflix videos as well... I'm running sage 7.1.5 beta.

tsitalon1 03-12-2011 02:25 PM

Hey EP,

Am I missing a quality setting somewhere on Sage that affects playon playback quality? When I use my xbox with playon the quality is much better than with sage.

mkanet 03-12-2011 02:27 PM

I had made a request to Playon developers to add Amazon Prime support. It looks like they agreed with my suggestion and moved very quickly with support for it! I just received the below email from Playon. It was only last month when I received a lecture about my expectations being too high with Amazon VOD based on the way things worked a month ago... well, I'm just glad things quickly evolved toward the direction I thought things should work. I can't wait to try it!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...nshot-1466.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkanet (Post 482409)
It looks like it was true afterall. Well, at least I see Movies available that are $0 for Prime Eligible. They playback with one click in a web browser without having to "rent" them. It would be great to be able to be able to Browse/Watch Now these movies via playon for Prime customers.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...nshot-1454.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...nshot-1453.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitchSchaft (Post 478336)
The latest version. That blog you read isn't true. It's something amazon drew up as a test I thinkn. It's not real. I'm also a prime subscriber.

evilpenguin 03-12-2011 02:27 PM

The video quality is controlled by PlayOn so it should be the same for all devices. The Xbox probably just as a better video scaler than Sage is using.

tsitalon1 03-12-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilpenguin (Post 486825)
The video quality is controlled by PlayOn so it should be the same for all devices. The Xbox probably just as a better video scaler than Sage is using.

It is absoluetely not the same quality :)

I do know that the quality is controlled through playon though. Is there anything I can do as far the scaler?

Fuzzy 03-12-2011 04:42 PM

if you use ffdshow as your video decoder, it has a LOT of different scaling/sharpening/etc filter options in it. Might be able to dress up the image quite a bit with that. It'll take more cpu cycles though.

DMT 03-12-2011 06:48 PM

Netflix problem after PlayOn update to version 3.2.6

Just updated to the latest version of PlayOn 3.2.6 (10-Mar-11)

I only use PlayOn for Netflix, I'm in Canada. After I updated PlayOn all I get when I try and access Netflix is 'No videos were found'. Previously I was on version 3.2.3 and all was OK. Netfilx user account and password in PlayON test OK. Netflix outside of PlayOn works fine. I wonder if this latest PlayOn update broke something in the SageTV plugin?

Dave

gplasky 03-12-2011 07:33 PM

I am in the US and have the latest update to Playon-3.2.6.1642. I'm playing a movie out of my Netflix queue right now and all of my movies show up in the queue. Try rebooting your Sage server and restarting Playon.

Gerry

DMT 03-13-2011 08:03 AM

Thanks Gerry,

I did that and more; reinstalled a backup of sage, reinstalled playon, even tried playon on another machine. Same result. The only thing I couldn't do was roll back to a previous version of playon - lesson learned for the future. Anyway, we are geo locked out (Canada) of most of the content available through playon but the PBS channel works. Not that I need/use it but I enabled for testing purposes and it worked which suggests the sage playon plugin is fine.

I am gong to contact playon support. There were several localized problems in the past with Netflix not being able to sign in. Playon released several updates to correct this. There is a notice on my playon support screen referring to a problem with Amazon prime video with 'certain accounts' and I think there may also be problems with certain Netflix accounts. Just guessing but will see what playon has to say.

Regards,

Dave

ptzink 03-23-2011 02:09 PM

Okay, I am finally giving PlayOn a spin on Sage, but am running into some issues. First, I have a headless Sage server that am RDP into all of the time. And Playon keeps giving me the "must logout of RDP session error". If I reboot the server, PlayOn works. If I then RDP into the server and logout (not disconnect), PlayOn throws up the RDP error again. My second issue is that when I actually have it working, the video/audio are choppy. It will play fine for 2 seconds or so followed by a half second pause. I have a feeling this issues are more PlayOn related than plugin related, but I was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom.

Taddeusz 03-23-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptzink (Post 488957)
Okay, I am finally giving PlayOn a spin on Sage, but am running into some issues. First, I have a headless Sage server that am RDP into all of the time. And Playon keeps giving me the "must logout of RDP session error". If I reboot the server, PlayOn works. If I then RDP into the server and logout (not disconnect), PlayOn throws up the RDP error again. My second issue is that when I actually have it working, the video/audio are choppy. It will play fine for 2 seconds or so followed by a half second pause. I have a feeling this issues are more PlayOn related than plugin related, but I was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom.

I got around this problem by using vnc rather than rdp. I realize vnc doesn't work as well as rdp but as far as Windows is concerned you are at the physical computer. Whereas with rdp there are virtual devices and such that are created for the remote interactive session. This is what throws PlayON for a loop.

evilpenguin 03-23-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taddeusz (Post 488958)
I got around this problem by using vnc rather than rdp. I realize vnc doesn't work as well as rdp but as far as Windows is concerned you are at the physical computer. Whereas with rdp there are virtual devices and such that are created for the remote interactive session. This is what throws PlayON for a loop.

Yep, I switched over to VNC for that reason as well.

ptzink 03-24-2011 06:48 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I installed VNC on the server, but I think I have resolved the RDP issue as well. When I adjust the RDP connection settings to leave audio on the server, it seems to work fine. In fact, you can just disconnect RDP connections as opposed to logging out. Also, I think the choppiness I was experiencing was due to buffering issues (which is strange because I have a relatively speedy connection). The playback on some Hulu shows (Pawn Stars) is still pretty jerky, but doesn't have any noticeable pauses. Any suggestions to reducing this 'jerkiness'? Adjust decoder settings?

evilpenguin 03-24-2011 03:17 PM

Locking down thread, for all futher issues use the new main thread...