SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV Software (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Crash on STOP playback (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65595)

MrLarkins 07-13-2018 01:11 PM

Crash on STOP playback

1 Attachment(s)
Setup works almost flawlessly. The only problem is when I STOP playback of Live TV or a video, then Sagetv crashes to desktop. My system specs should be in my signature. Any help is appreciated.

wnjj 07-13-2018 03:34 PM

I don't see any shows playing or a crash in that log file. If you recreate the crash, make note of the time you starting watching and the time you stopped.

I assume you're watching this on the server and running the software in user mode (i.e. not as a Windows service)?

If you're in service mode, the sagetvclient_0.txt log file shows the activity on the local client.

MrLarkins 07-14-2018 06:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
hey thanks for the reply. so this morning i restarted the pc, turned on live tv, then hit STOP playback and it crashed. the sagetv_0.txt file was over the 750KB limit for forum upload so I split it into two and have attached them both. I'm not sure what or where you are looking for, but it's all there if there is a clue as to what is happening.

wnjj 07-14-2018 10:21 AM

Looks like around 7:43 you watched something for a few seconds, right?

The last thing in the log file related to stopping is this:

Quote:

Sat 7/14 7:43:06.766 [main@10b30a7] Stopping the playback graph.
That is where Sage calls into the device driver to stop the capture device. I suspect something is going wrong in the driver and crashing there.

Are there any “hs_err_pid*” files in the sage directory? Those contain some details when a java program hard crashes.

For future reference, you can zip log files to get them to fit under the attachment limit.

MrLarkins 07-14-2018 12:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Are there any “hs_err_pid*” files in the sage directory? Those contain some details when a java program hard crashes.
There were none.

Also, I deleted all the sagetv.txt log files and restarted and got it to crash again. So it's a fresh file.

And thirdly, there were no sagetvclient_0.txt log files, so I assume that means it is not running as a windows service (not sure what the means).?.

What other log can I attach that may help?

[UPDATE]
This morning it crashed again, but for a completely different reason that I haven't noticed before. It crashed after I tried to 'Toggle Full Screen'. The attached zip file is of that occurance.

MrLarkins 07-19-2018 05:05 PM

what i've just tried (that didn't fix the problem)

1] I downloaded the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Win7 drivers.
2] I uninstalled the old capture card drivers.
3] I restarted.
4] I installed the latest capture card drivers.
5] I restarted.

The crashes persist.