SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV Media Extender (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Help with "The BIG Picture" (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42293)

Sector7g 06-06-2009 04:23 AM

Help with "The BIG Picture"

I plan on having 2 servers each with TV. One with a STB that will not be at my location, and one on my home network, with no STB.

Few questions here:

Will the HD theater connect to a computer running the server version of sagetv via the internet or does it have to be on your home network?

Can the HD theater connect to 2 different servers?

I have a Toshiba usb2 tv tuner that currently works with sagetv sever, I believe it has a hook up for a blaster for STB, is this all I need for controlling a STB or is there something else I should be aware of?

gplasky 06-06-2009 05:07 AM

The recommendation will be one central SageTV server that has the tuner cards and an IR blaster to control your STB. Use the HD200 at each TV for watching TV and controlling Sage. Or a client PC running the SageTV client. What is your reasoning for wanting 2 servers. I recommenrd you read up on the forums for the way SageTV is designed to work and download and read the SageTV pdf manual.

Gerry

Narflex 06-06-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sector7g (Post 362580)
Will the HD theater connect to a computer running the server version of sagetv via the internet or does it have to be on your home network?

It can work either way. :)

Quote:

Can the HD theater connect to 2 different servers?

Not at the same time; but you can disconnect from one and connect to the other one easily.
Quote:

I have a Toshiba usb2 tv tuner that currently works with sagetv sever, I believe it has a hook up for a blaster for STB, is this all I need for controlling a STB or is there something else I should be aware of?

We probably don't support the blaster that's integrated with that Toshiba tuner; so you'd want to get a USB-UIRT (we sell them) and use that to control the STB.

Sector7g 06-09-2009 10:37 PM

All good news there Jeff.

I have another question as well.

Instead of paying 70 bucks (Canadian) for a usb-uirt, can I use one of my MCE 2005 tuner/blaster and LM Remote Keymap (25 canadian) to control sage server from a hd theater/placeshifter ?

Sector7g 06-10-2009 03:12 AM

also found a couple other threads with info on similar topics.

exemultitunerplugin.exe with either girder or eventghost.

using a mce tuner/blaster I would need to use girder as eventghost plugin does not support blaster functions, yet.

so I tried girder 4 out with the mce plugin v 0.19 enabled it and loaded sagetv.gml, set up capture device to use the exemultituner, but of course its ot that easy :nono:

I think this might be beyond me as there are ALOT of steps, and no guides, or some guide that were made back in 2003 and not updated or went 404.

What am i missing here?

I need a plugin installed in girder to use the mce blaster ... done
I need a file that tells girder the remote command of sage ... done
Tell sage to use an external tuner plugin ... done

I think i might have to set up that exemulituner but not sure how.

where should I go from here ?