SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hardware Support (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   OpenDCT: An open source digital cable tuner. (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62774)

KeithAbbott 04-16-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner (Post 629815)
To add to this - you can also use OpenDCT with streams from HDHR OTA tuners. But it has never been clear to me why you would want to do this rather than use them directly which I have done for over a decade.

There is also a variation on this (OpenDCT Generic HTTP Capture Device) that let's you capture other types of network video streams, such as an IP camera or even your PC screen, and capture these in SageTV. This would also work with HDMI encoders (BM1000,URay) which would be a way to be able to capture 4k cable/sat output.

Also, I think OpenDCT does some clean up of the OTA stream via FFMPEG, resulting in fewer viewing issues in miniclient.

wayner 04-16-2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyplayer (Post 629816)
I can answer why you would want to use OPENDCT with HDHR Ota tuners is pooling. Where OPENDCT will check if a tuner is in use by another APP and if it is in use will move on to next available tuner. Without OPENDCT if sagetv tries to use a tuner in use it will just fail and not try another.

Thanks - I have had this happen as on my backup SageTV server(s) I will often point them to an HDHR tuner and occasionally I will have an issue where they try to use the same tuner as my main server. In the past I would fix this by removing a tuner or two from my main tuner. I have two dual HDHRs and rarely need more than one tuner these days so that isn't really a limitation.

wayner 04-16-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithAbbott (Post 629817)
Also, I think OpenDCT does some clean up of the OTA stream via FFMPEG, resulting in fewer viewing issues in miniclient.

I haven't really noticed issues when watching content in the miniclient, other than more complete dropouts or green blocks, but that generally happens during periods of bad weather.

peterjb 04-25-2021 05:29 AM

I've found that the native DVB-T support within in SageTV can be a bit hit and miss to use ( at least here in Oz ).. So I use OpenDCT as the source to clean up the streams and work around the tuning and recording issues. Works like a charm! :)

jchiso 05-02-2021 10:05 PM

Is (was) there a link to a .deb file for OpenDCT?

EnterNoEscape 05-09-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchiso (Post 629939)
Is (was) there a link to a .deb file for OpenDCT?

Bintray kind of pulled the rug out from under me with 30 days notice to move my stuff because they were getting rid of the free repositories. I will be uploading the latest build to GitHub soon.

jchiso 05-09-2021 08:35 PM

Thanks ...

EnterNoEscape 05-10-2021 07:07 PM

You can now find the latest compiled version of OpenDCT on Github.

AlphaCrew 05-11-2021 09:30 AM

Thank You

KryptoNyte 05-11-2021 07:36 PM

Yes, thank you for keeping up with this.