SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gemstone for v7 (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Home button twice returns to playing video? (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63170)

jughead 04-28-2016 02:00 PM

Home button twice returns to playing video?

Hello, I'm missing a feature ever since I reinstalled SageTV and Gemstone. I don't know if it is a Gemstone option that I can't find or a plugin that I forgot to reinstall but I will be grateful if anyone can help me re-enable it!

If I was playing a video in the background and started browsing SageTV menus, I could hit the Home button to get to the Home screen, then, if I hit the Home button a second time, it would take me right back to fullscreen video. How do I re-enable this functionality?

As it stands now, I have to hit the Back button a bunch of times and if I hit it one too many times I have to stop and restart the video to get the menus to disappear. I know there is a button I can map to fix this but the "double click home button" was very convenient and will not eat up another button on my remote.

Thanks in advance!!

KarylFStein 04-28-2016 02:36 PM

I don't know about the Home/Home. I press the Play button to get back to full screen from Home.

jughead 04-28-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarylFStein (Post 587987)
I don't know about the Home/Home. I press the Play button to get back to full screen from Home.

Thanks, I just have a Play/Pause button mapped, which does not do the same thing. Thank you for the tip though. I'll probably map a play button if I can't figure out how I had the Home/Home working before. At least I have a fall back plan now!

Tiki 04-28-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jughead (Post 587989)
Thanks, I just have a Play/Pause button mapped, which does not do the same thing. Thank you for the tip though. I'll probably map a play button if I can't figure out how I had the Home/Home working before. At least I have a fall back plan now!

You can also use the TV button.

jughead 05-01-2016 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki (Post 587993)
You can also use the TV button.

Thanks, I think that was the button I was thinking of in my first post. I have "live tv" mapped but not just TV. The Play button is working but I still wish I could figure out how I had Home/Home working!

jusjoken 05-01-2016 07:06 AM

Go into Options from the Main Menu, select Widget Manager, select Customize and change the setting "Playing Media Key" from Play to Home.

I think that should be what you are looking for.

k

jughead 05-01-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jusjoken (Post 588073)
Go into Options from the Main Menu, select Widget Manager, select Customize and change the setting "Playing Media Key" from Play to Home.

I think that should be what you are looking for.

k

That's it!! :goodjob: Thanks so much, I was beginning to think I was crazy, haha. Plus now I have an extra button

I just saw that you are working on Gemstone 2. Very exciting! Gemstone breathed new life into SageTV for me when I finally tried it out. I hope it is coming along well and I can't wait to try it out. Please keep us posted with the progress and thanks for your hard work!