SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hardware Support (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   SageTV and Dual Tuner Hauppauge (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53066)

micjgeoghegan 12-20-2010 12:22 PM

SageTV and Dual Tuner Hauppauge

I'm trying to get my SageTV PC setup the way I like it, and I've ran into a problem. Either I don't understand, or I'm not doing it right, but it goes like this: I have the Hauppauge 2250, dual tuner. It has dual digital tuners, and I have Comcast as my provider. When I configure the sources, if I select Digital Tuner, I find the 60 or so digital channels. If I select the Analog tuner, I find the other 75 or so analog channels. The problem is, I can only select one or the other for each tuner. I set tuner one to digital, and then try to add an analog tuner for tuner 1, and it deletes the digital. Same for 2. I'm trying to do this so that if it's recording an analog show on one tuner, I can use the analog tuner on the other tuner. If it's recording a digital show, I should be able to use the digital tuner on the other. As of right now, I have tuner 1 set to analog, and tuner 2 set to digital, and if it's recording I can't change channels.

jptheripper 12-20-2010 01:24 PM

you have to "add new source" each time.

So in the end you will have 4 sources, 2 analog and 2 digital. They will be named

Digital
Analog
Digital #2
Analog #2
etc..

And you will be able to record on any pair at any time.

micjgeoghegan 12-20-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jptheripper (Post 470706)
you have to "add new source" each time.

So in the end you will have 4 sources, 2 analog and 2 digital. They will be named

Digital
Analog
Digital #2
Analog #2
etc..

And you will be able to record on any pair at any time.

When I "add new source" and go through the whole source setup to add a digital source for the tuner, it works fine. But when I get back to the source list, it removes the Analog source for that tuner. It only lets me have one digital or analog for each tuner.

MattHelm 12-20-2010 01:47 PM

Do you have the latest drivers? I just did this on my dad's system (server#2 in sig) over Thanksgiving, and it's working great.

Oh, you are choosing 2 different line ups, correct?

micjgeoghegan 12-20-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattHelm (Post 470712)
Do you have the latest drivers? I just did this on my dad's system (server#2 in sig) over Thanksgiving, and it's working great.

Oh, you are choosing 2 different line ups, correct?

That was it, the lineup. I was selecting Comcast Digital for all four. I had to select Comcast Analog for the Analog line, and Comcast Digital for the digital side. Duh. I'll test when I get home and make sure all the channels are coming across right, too hard to test over a remote con.

MattHelm 12-20-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micjgeoghegan (Post 470721)
That was it, the lineup. I was selecting Comcast Digital for all four. I had to select Comcast Analog for the Analog line, and Comcast Digital for the digital side. Duh. I'll test when I get home and make sure all the channels are coming across right, too hard to test over a remote con.

Glad to help.

You say "Duh", I had to edit that message 3 times to get all that in there. Very "Duh" myself, today!