SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV v7 Customizations (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Plugin: Mobile Web Interface Version 2 (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52157)

jreichen 11-07-2010 08:13 PM

Plugin: Mobile Web Interface Version 2

Version 2 of the SageTV Mobile Web Interface is now available! To install it, go to the Plugin Manager in SageTV V7 and install the SageTV Mobile Web Interface plugin. This will install a few dependencies. Most are the same as before, but there's a new dependency on a new plugin called Media Streaming Services. That's another Jetty web application that handles the transcoding and streaming on SageTV recordings.

Here are a few of the things you can look forward to.
  • SageTV v7-style interface (switch from blue to gray as well as other style changes)
  • Convert TV recordings in real time and watch on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
  • Support latest watched time when starting and suspending viewing on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
  • Start playback of TV recordings on extenders, placeshifters, and clients
  • Convert all images to support transparency (may display strangely on older mobile browsers)
  • Improved font handling when switching between portrait and landscape modes on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
  • Fixed HTML to make CSS styling easier
  • View what's playing on SageTV Clients
  • Change max number of hours in TV listings from 12 to 24
Yes, you read that right in feature #2. You will be able to watch your SageTV TV recordings through the mobile web interface.

Questions about the video streaming? See the FAQ.

Still have questions about video streaming? Head over to the thread dedicated to that topic. Please discuss it over there to help keep the topics focused as I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion about the streaming.

Be sure to head over to GeekTonic for a review, more screenshots and a demo video!

In the mean time, here are some screen shots to tease you for a little bit :)

Enjoy :clap:

http://sageplugins.sourceforge.net/s...leweb/menu.png

http://sageplugins.sourceforge.net/s...ils%20Page.png
http://sageplugins.sourceforge.net/s...ils%20Page.png

ohpleaseno 11-07-2010 08:35 PM

Will this be enough to get me to buy an iPad? Maybe not, but damn this looks good. Good work!

vividweb 11-07-2010 08:53 PM

Wow, never expected this. Looking forward to trying it, although I expect it's going to make me spend more money on new server hardware and an iPad. :)

clayfree 11-07-2010 09:28 PM

No access to the imported videos library? Any plans to add this?

I really like the ability to stop playback on another client. I wish this was a feature on SageTv extenders.

ace007 11-07-2010 09:35 PM

Awesome work.. hopefully he will add support for other devices like Andriod and WM phones at some point in the future but what great work for a volunteer effort. Thanks

jreichen 11-07-2010 09:39 PM

No access to imported videos or music right now. Getting iOS streaming working was enough work for this release. I'll probably take a little break and see where things are after that, but that's probably the next-most requested feature to add. To be honest, I didn't think there would be much value in adding those until it was possible to watch them.

mbowe 11-07-2010 09:48 PM

Any chance of adding support for Android? And/or WebOS?

Would definetely be willing to 'Donate', contirbute to beer fund, or ???

Brent94Z 11-07-2010 10:17 PM

I don't have any "i" related items (Android guy here) but boy does that look nice. Great job!!!

jorton 11-07-2010 10:32 PM

Works great on my IPhone, great work! J

GMan78 11-07-2010 10:34 PM

Wow, fantastic work... in fact genius! But, I just dumped my iPhone for an Android... count me amongst those willing to donate to an Android version!

Sparhawk6 11-07-2010 11:30 PM

Nice job.

Chalk me up as another one hoping for Android streaming in the near future.

Fonceur 11-08-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 (Post 461958)
Chalk me up as another one hoping for Android streaming in the near future.

It seems like Nextreaming NexPlayer already have implemented the HTTP Live streaming on Android, though that's as a SDK for broadcasters and such, not really for end users or niche market like SageTV... ;)

GollyJer 11-08-2010 12:05 AM

Awesome work. Thanks jreichen! :goodjob:

appelm 11-08-2010 07:31 AM

Very nice! Used it this morning on my morning commute on the train. Worked great... now if only AT&T would fix the multiple 3G dead zones I experience during that 45 minute ride.

By the way, does it support live TV? From the listings menu, I picked a live show but could only record it and not watch it live.. Obviously, I could then just open it in recorded videos but having the ability to watch it with one click would be nice. It would also be nice to be able to tell it to use a particular tuner (ie, my old PVR-250s over sVideo rather than HD-PVR) so I can get better live streaming.

PLUCKYHD 11-08-2010 07:47 AM

Nice work I know this wasn't easy!!!

Brent 11-08-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD (Post 462006)
I know this wasn't easy!!!

I'm pretty sure Jason spent a ton of time getting this up and running. Lots of trial & error in getting the transcoding/streaming settings just right. But it was worth it - I'm loving the SageTV on-the-go capability and the iPad is so much more useful now!

PiX64 11-08-2010 08:30 AM

jreichen...this is friggin awesome. I have been wanting this for ever, and was tired of using airvideo and orb and what now.

AWESOME work on this and please let me know if I can help your development efforts in any way. local media integration music/dvd/bluray woudl be awesome and i am MORE THAN WILLING to help out.

~Pix64

Carlton Bale 11-08-2010 08:34 AM

Very nice - thank you for the hard work!

Here are a few things to add to the initial instructions to help other newbies like me get it working:
  • After installing the "SageTV Mobile Web Interface" plug-in and all the dependencies, go to the jetty web server plug-in and configure it to change the user name, password, and port.
  • The default user name is sage, the default password is frey, the default server port is 8080.
  • The initial URL to enter in your safari mobile web browser when on your home WiFi network is http://192.168.x.x:8080/sagem/m/, where the IP address is that of your SageTV server.
  • To access this away from home, you need to go into your router configuration and forward public port 8080 on your router to private port 8080 of your of your SageTV server IP address. You will then be able to access remotely (via 3G) by going to http://your_router_public_ip_address:8080/sagem/m .
  • Use a dynamic DNS service such as DynDNS to turn your public router IP address into an easy to remember domain name, and to automatically update it if the IP address changes.

Ericft 11-08-2010 08:39 AM

if anyone of you is using this with AT&T 3G and playing HDPVR recordings, what is the minimum processor power that you think is necessary or you have already to get this working?

LehighBri 11-08-2010 08:41 AM

This is amazing and is working great for me. Very nice work!

One small issue/question. For "Support latest watched time when starting and suspending viewing on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad", I tested this on a recording and it doesn't seem to be storing/retrieving the latest watched time. e.g. if I watch 30 seconds of a show on my PC, then watch that same show on my iphone, it starts from the very beginning and not 30 seconds in.

Is that by design or is that not working? If it is not working properly, is there any additional debugging I can do to help you look into this?

Also, are there any plans to get this working for Live TV in any capacity? Or maybe I missed it and it's already working?

Keep up the great work.