SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV Australia/New Zealand (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Alternatives to IceTV for Australia (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62584)

SimonH 10-14-2015 03:17 AM

Alternatives to IceTV for Australia

Now that IceTV is officially dead - I'm looking for an alternative source of Australian FTA EPG data for my SageTV server.

Any suggestions?

Opus4 10-14-2015 07:31 AM

I think Schedules Direct offers EPG data for Australia.

Andy

rkulagow 10-14-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opus4 (Post 578854)
I think Schedules Direct offers EPG data for Australia.

Andy

It's something that we're looking into but it's still extremely alpha at this point.

Opus4 10-14-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkulagow (Post 578855)
It's something that we're looking into but it's still extremely alpha at this point.

Sorry, I misread something as listing Australia. :bang:

Andy

mickp 04-06-2016 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonH (Post 578842)
Now that IceTV is officially dead - I'm looking for an alternative source of Australian FTA EPG data for my SageTV server.

Any suggestions?

Hey Simon,

It's been a couple of years since my SageTV box died and I'm just investigating getting things back up and running now.

Just before everything died I had cancelled my ICETV subscription and changed over to using the included OTA programme guide. SAGE TV can just pick this up from the broadcast when tuning TVB-T. IIRC you just need to not specify a guide source and it "magically" starts to populate the guide. Last I saw the guide was limited to about a week ahead for most channels.

I was living in Coffs Harbour at the time and found that there were multiple transmitters for each station/network some with and some without programme information provided. YMMV.

Mick.

SimonH 04-07-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickp (Post 587250)
Hey Simon,

It's been a couple of years since my SageTV box died and I'm just investigating getting things back up and running now.

Just before everything died I had cancelled my ICETV subscription and changed over to using the included OTA programme guide. SAGE TV can just pick this up from the broadcast when tuning TVB-T. IIRC you just need to not specify a guide source and it "magically" starts to populate the guide. Last I saw the guide was limited to about a week ahead for most channels.

I was living in Coffs Harbour at the time and found that there were multiple transmitters for each station/network some with and some without programme information provided. YMMV.

Mick.

Hi Mick,

Yes, I did swap to using the OTA EPG information - the problem with this is that you don't typically get consistent handling of series or first run / repeat information - which is where IceTV excelled.

As it turns out IceTV has phoenixed, so I've signed up with them again after getting frustrated with the OTA data.

Simon