SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV Germany (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Deutsche Texte für STV9 / German text for STV9 (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63738)

kenfox 11-28-2016 03:55 AM

Deutsche Texte für STV9 / German text for STV9

Hi,

gibt es irgendwo deutsche Texte für STV9? Wenn nicht, würde ich diese ggf. übersetzen, wenn ich den wüsste, welche Dateien erforderlich sind. Kann mir die jemand nennen?

------

Is there a german translation for STV9 available? If not, i might translate it myself. Can someone tell me, which files a required?

Ken

Fuzzy 11-28-2016 07:21 AM

There is german translations, that SHOULD be used if you have your localization settings properly configured. The translation file is here: https://github.com/google/sagetv/blo..._de.properties

kenfox 11-28-2016 01:09 PM

Hmm... it seems that my installation accesses the files stored under sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/. And there are no german definitions. The only german definition I found is this:
sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV3/SageTV3_i18n_de.properties
Can you tell me where exactly these files supposed to be and how they should me named?

EnterNoEscape 11-28-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenfox (Post 596013)
Hmm... it seems that my installation accesses the files stored under sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/. And there are no german definitions. The only german definition I found is this:
sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV3/SageTV3_i18n_de.properties
Can you tell me where exactly these files supposed to be and how they should me named?

When Sage.jar is built, they get included in the archive. Fuzzy is pointing you to the exact file that gets compressed into the .jar archive.

kenfox 11-29-2016 07:54 AM

OK, sorry. I thought it must be somewhere in the filesystem.

@Fuzzy: If "properly configured" means, selecting german in the mini client, yes. If it means something else, no. In this case, please let me known, where else I have to configure the locales.

Thanx

Opus4 11-29-2016 09:37 AM

There is a core translation file and an STV translation file; both are covered in the last Studio manual (v7.1, see my sig) starting on page 164.

There were German translation files, but I don't know the last time any of those files were updated.

Andy

Fuzzy 11-29-2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenfox (Post 596053)
OK, sorry. I thought it must be somewhere in the filesystem.

@Fuzzy: If "properly configured" means, selecting german in the mini client, yes. If it means something else, no. In this case, please let me known, where else I have to configure the locales.

Thanx

By default, it will use your system's locale. You should be able to see what locale is being detected by sage in one of the first few lines of the sagetv log (sagetv_0.txt). (Yours SHOULD be de_DE)

kenfox 12-01-2016 02:11 AM

Server says:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ locale
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

sagetv_0.txt says:

Do 12/1 8:38:47.245 [main@308db1] locale=de

Still no german texts.

kenfox 02-10-2017 02:29 AM

Using miniclient:

Starting to create german texts, I tried the simple task of changing the text "Aired On:" into "Gesendet:" by doing the following steps:
- Searched for the string "Aired On:". It was found in STVs/SageTV7/SageTV7_i18n.properties
- Copied the file to SageTV7_i18n_de.properties
- Changed the text.
- Restarted sagetv server.
Result: Text is still displayed in english.

- Changed the text in SageTV_i18n.properties, likewise.
- Restarted sagetv server.
Result: Text is still displayed in english.

- Searched the text in any file of the installation and source and had two more hits: SageTV7.xml and SageTV7.opt.stv.
I don't rekon that these files habe to be changed?

I'm quite curious, where the changes have to be made.

EnterNoEscape 02-10-2017 05:26 AM

You need to make the changes to Sage.jar. The file name in there is SageTVCoreTranslations_de.properties.

stuckless 02-10-2017 06:49 AM

Could it be that the miniclient needs to send some kind of "language" identifier. I would think that even if the server is set to DE the clients could use a different language... (or maybe sagetv doesn't need to be that complex)

kenfox 02-10-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape (Post 601026)
You need to make the changes to Sage.jar. The file name in there is SageTVCoreTranslations_de.properties.

I doubt that. "Aired On:" is not in there.