SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV EPG Service (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Switching services and Schedules Direct (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65909)

dc9mm 03-07-2019 12:36 PM

Switching services and Schedules Direct

Iam switching from Verizon FIOS to Spectrum TV. Same location same zip code, just switching TV service. So once I do this I will need a new TV guide listing. Do I just ad a new lineup in Sage TV? Do I need to do something at Schedules Direct? Can I just switch the lineup ? I see in Sage TV it says "Ad New Lineup". Not sure if I have to pay Schedules Direct again the $25?

KarylFStein 03-07-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc9mm (Post 620165)
Iam switching from Verizon FIOS to Spectrum TV. Same location same zip code, just switching TV service. So once I do this I will need a new TV guide listing. Do I just ad a new lineup in Sage TV? Do I need to do something at Schedules Direct? Can I just switch the lineup ? I see in Sage TV it says "Ad New Lineup". Not sure if I have to pay Schedules Direct again the $25?

You may add it in SageTV. SD allows I think 4 lineups per subscription, so no additional cost. (And I think they'll increase that limit if you have special circumstances.)

dc9mm 03-07-2019 05:04 PM

Thanks

thank you for the info. Sounds good. Easy to ad another lineup. I assume I can disassociate the current Verizon FIOS lineup with the capture card once I ad the new line up to the capture card? As I wont be on FIOS any more.

KryptoNyte 03-07-2019 06:15 PM

Just to confirm, you are planning to use a cable card based tuner? If so, is your Spectrum service what used to be old Charter Cable, or old Time Warner/Brighthouse?

dc9mm 03-07-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KryptoNyte (Post 620171)
Just to confirm, you are planning to use a cable card based tuner? If so, is your Spectrum service what used to be old Charter Cable, or old Time Warner/Brighthouse?

NO> To turn the channels I use a USB Uirt and the capture card is a hauppauge capture card.
So right now the Schedule Direct tv guide is associated with the hauppauge card right now. I will need to get that card associated with the new service Spectrum tv guide info when I switch on April 8th.

KarylFStein 03-07-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc9mm (Post 620170)
thank you for the info. Sounds good. Easy to ad another lineup. I assume I can disassociate the current Verizon FIOS lineup with the capture card once I ad the new line up to the capture card? As I wont be on FIOS any more.

I assume that too. I've never done that though. I have 3 lineups with two currently in use, so have not run across having to delete something.

dc9mm 03-08-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarylFStein (Post 620178)
I assume that too. I've never done that though. I have 3 lineups with two currently in use, so have not run across having to delete something.

Iam not sure what happens when you ad a second lineup as I have never done that before. Maybe you pick which one or ones you want? I will find out this April 8th when the new service is installed. At least I know I dont have to do anything with Schedules Direct.