SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV Customizations (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Plugin: PlayOn in Online Services (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon VOD, etc.) (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44446)

matt91 10-24-2009 04:06 PM

Anyone having problems with Netflix all of a sudden?

It was working fine as recently as last night, now no files are found in any of the folders. Hulu, CBS, CNN, etc all work fine.

UPnP Inspector shows files available from all other services, but 0 files in any of the Netfilx directory structure.

Matt

PS I checked my username/pass in Playon and it's fine. I can watch from my computer as I've always been able to do.

PPS When I try to navigate to the Netflix subfolders, I get an endless "the video list is downloading" message, and have to kill the Upnp2podcast.exe process.

The log (seems to) show that it is never actually browsing the netflix structure. It appears to just hang. I'll try re-downloading the exe file, but it worked last night and I haven't changed anything...but who knows...

Code:

  + Checking for feed updates
  + Downloaded FeedVersions.txt (90eb0bde266f155d49238d1025fd5a0f), checking for updates(http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/files/FeedVersions.txt)
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_Netflix.properties
      - Version : 20091014
      - URL    : http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Feeds/CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_Netflix.properties
      - MD5    : bc50c620cda8f3e213b9729a2baa7b87
      - Plugin  :
      - Local Version : 20091014
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Netflix.properties
      - Version : 20091014
      - URL    : http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Feeds/CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Netflix.properties
      - MD5    : 094c782288a3a5e764a7c9aa6cc062dc
      - Plugin  :
      - Local Version : 20091014
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_zExtras.properties
      - Version : 20091014
      - URL    : http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Feeds/CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_zExtras.properties
      - MD5    : f1702a92efa0b69efe6aacadbb24b7f1
      - Plugin  :
      - Local Version : 20091014
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_zExtras.properties
      - Version : 20091014
      - URL    : http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Feeds/CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_zExtras.properties
      - MD5    : 5bdd73a11cdf2346566928794d027895
      - Plugin  :
      - Local Version : 20091014
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_aRecent.properties
      - Version : 20091018
      - URL    : http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Feeds/CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_aRecent.properties
      - MD5    : 83b4a38a2a7556eecfdab3767df7dc2c
      - Plugin  :
      - Local Version : 20091018
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_aRecent.properties
      - Version : 20091018
      - URL    : http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Feeds/CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_aRecent.properties
      - MD5    : 09b4b27b0e5065fc770188d52cb14d47
      - Plugin  :
      - Local Version : 20091018
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_Hulu.properties
      - Version : 20091022
      - URL    : http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Feeds/CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_Hulu.properties
      - MD5    : 8deab833048b930406d7fb660ad6d94a
      - Plugin  :
      - Local Version : 20091022
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Hulu.properties
      - Version : 20091022
      - URL    : http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Feeds/CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Hulu.properties
      - MD5    : e6a2cef9dd33db397c832e428b0d8e0b
      - Plugin  :
      - Local Version : 20091022
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_SouthPark.properties
      - Version : 20091019
      - URL    : http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Feeds/CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_SouthPark.properties
      - MD5    : 87414b3a07f8569173b7a3d66a3f933a
      - Plugin  : SouthPark
        + PlayOn Plug-in (SouthPark) not installed, skipping ()
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_SouthPark.properties
      - Version : 20091019
      - URL    : http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Feeds/CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_SouthPark.properties
      - MD5    : 05620c2f20b6b29fbf5a2880345fb75f
      - Plugin  : SouthPark
        + PlayOn Plug-in (SouthPark) not installed, skipping ()
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_FoodNetwork.properties
      - Version : 20091020
      - URL    : http://upnp2podcast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Feeds/CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_FoodNetwork.properties
      - MD5    : f91c11f83a405b6e02a412f0d301c49e
      - Plugin  : FoodNetwork
        + PlayOn Plug-in (FoodNetwork) not installed, skipping ()
    - File      : CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_FoodNetwork.properties
      - Version : 20091020
      -


chrisc983 10-24-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilpenguin (Post 388356)
I'm also working on adding a button in the UI for manually updating the feed for impatient people ;).

Can't wait for this one.

Netflix is working properly for me.

heffneil 10-24-2009 07:14 PM

I kinda have a stupid question but if I want to run this on a mac client could I? How do you install it in that case. Do I need to copy those onlinesvideos files?

What do you do on an extender to see the hulu option?

Thanks

Neil

matt91 10-24-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt91 (Post 388363)
Anyone having problems with Netflix all of a sudden?

So I rebooted my Sage server - nothing.

Re-downloaded the exe file from EPs google code site - nothing.

Since I run the PlayOn server from another computer, I was going to stop/restart that too. In the process, I discovered that there was a new release of PlayOn dated today. Since I had nothing to lose, I downloaded it.

Installing the new version worked. I'm back in business. (Of course, it might have just been me stopping/restarting the service)

Of note -- the release notes mention something about genre browsing, which is what I was trying to do.

Code:

Version 2.59.3584

 Released 24 October 2009  Features and Changes
  • Fixed Netflix genre browsing errors.

  • Fixed Hulu double folder issue for Channels.

  • Properly notifying of plugins that require updating in PlayOn Settings.

  • Increased allowed load time for slowly loading plugins.



thomaszoo 10-24-2009 07:45 PM

Just wanted to say thanks. I made sure my STV and PlayOn servers were up-to-date, downloaded the requisite files, extracted as instructed and it just works. Almost as easy as it was on the PS3 but the UI is much nicer on the HD100.

Only suggestion I have is adding the instruction to press PLAY if the video doesn't start automatically. Other than that, it is perfection!:clap:

BTW, the WAF just went up a notch :thumb:

kha 10-24-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kha (Post 388308)
Hi EP,
Could you please help with the playback problem I am experiencing on both SageTV client and HD100:
When I select any of Hulu online videos, it starts downloading/buffering but then at the time when the video is sipposed to start playing one of the three scenarios are happenng:
1) normal playback (vary rare)
2) sounds starts playing but video does not start (sometimes). To resolve need to cancel and reselect video
3) video starts and gets immediately paused (most of the time). I can resume normal playback by pressing "play"
Do you know which setting may be responsible for this behavior.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilpenguin (Post 388324)
Well, I've never seen #2 (Was it on the client or the HD100), but #3 is due to Sage issues with mpeg2 podcasts that'll they'll fix eventually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippster (Post 388325)
I have had #2 on my HD100 quite a few times, seems the video is playing in the background, just the menu and loading video doesnt go down. :confused:

Thank you.

#2 issue is exactly as Zippster has described it and is happening on HD100. #3 (video is paused) happens on both client and HD100. Does it happen for everybody?

Regards,
Michael

kkapp 10-25-2009 11:07 AM

ohh soo confused
 
1 Attachment(s)
ok, I have installed the plugin and it appears to work some what. I can browse hulu content and such. I however cannot seem to get anything from the playon feeds. I have ran the upnp inspector but everything shows blank.



I have ran the debug command but cannot get the cmd screen to stay open once it finishes to see the output....:bang:

I have tried to load the custom property files provided here
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44517
but none of them bring back any vids..

I am sure it is operator error, can someone help me out?

evilpenguin 10-25-2009 11:45 AM

Hey, first thing, edit out the screenshot from your post, its gigantic :)

Secondly, try loading up the feed (ABC->FlashForward) in the UI and then once it shows you no videos go into your SageTV folder and take UPnP2Podcast.log and post it on the forum for me to see. (You'll need to rename it to UPnP2Podcast.txt)

Edit: Also try this downloading/using this updated test version.

MeInMaui 10-25-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kha (Post 388308)
Hi EP,

Could you please help with the playback problem I am experiencing on both SageTV client and HD100:

When I select any of Hulu online videos, it starts downloading/buffering but then at the time when the video is sipposed to start playing one of the three scenarios are happenng:

1) normal playback (vary rare)
2) sounds starts playing but video does not start (sometimes). To resolve need to cancel and reselect video
3) video starts and gets immediately paused (most of the time). I can resume normal playback by pressing "play"

Do you know which setting may be responsible for this behavior.

Regards,
Michael.

I get issue #2 almost every time. The buffering video dialog never closes and I can hear the audio start. If I close the dialog and go to the Video OSD, the video appears, but the timeline has 0:00 length and of course playback controls don't work. The video also usually freezes within a couple of minutes when in this state. Stopping the video can take up to several minutes with a spinning circle. If I immediately restart the video, it usually then plays correctly with the correct length showing in the timeline. I would love to figure out how to resolve this. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike

evilpenguin 10-25-2009 12:27 PM

Wow that's really wierd, i've *never* seen that on my HD200. What type of client are you watching on and what are your PlayON/SageTV server specs?

MeInMaui 10-25-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilpenguin (Post 388463)
Wow that's really wierd, i've *never* seen that on my HD200. What type of client are you watching on and what are your PlayON/SageTV server specs?

This is on my HD200 with Playon and SageTV running on my WHS server. (WHS is up to date) I just updated the default STV and Playon to the latest versions and the HD200 is running the current beta firmware. My server is a quad core Q6600.

Aloha,
Mike

tmiranda 10-25-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeInMaui (Post 388457)
I get issue #2 almost every time. The buffering video dialog never closes and I can hear the audio start. If I close the dialog and go to the Video OSD, the video appears, but the timeline has 0:00 length and of course playback controls don't work. The video also usually freezes within a couple of minutes when in this state. Stopping the video can take up to several minutes with a spinning circle. If I immediately restart the video, it usually then plays correctly with the correct length showing in the timeline. I would love to figure out how to resolve this. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike

I get this as well on my HD100 but it usually starts displaying video in 15 seconds or so. Plenty of horsepower on my server.

MeInMaui 10-25-2009 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a debug log file if it helps. An example of the issue occurs at 8:33:10.

Aloha,
Mike

kkapp 10-25-2009 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilpenguin (Post 388455)
Hey, first thing, edit out the screenshot from your post, its gigantic :)

Secondly, try loading up the feed (ABC->FlashForward) in the UI and then once it shows you no videos go into your SageTV folder and take UPnP2Podcast.log and post it on the forum for me to see. (You'll need to rename it to UPnP2Podcast.txt)

Edit: Also try this downloading/using this updated test version.



ok, fixed the screen shot;)

downloaded the new file. manually ran it, now I have a "playon recent" link in the online video link. it is empty. all the links from the custom properties files are still with no videos.

here is the log file. btw, i did not have one until i downloaded and ran the "new" file.

Flips 10-26-2009 09:10 AM

I apologize if I am missing the obvious here, but in looking at screenshots and reading reviews even watching youtube clips... I wasn't able to find this answer...

Are you able to browse through the available netflix movies, watch trailers, and then add moves to your queue? Or is this just used to watch "watch instantly" movies in your queue?

Thanks,
flips

matt91 10-26-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Are you able to browse through the available netflix movies, watch trailers, and then add moves to your queue? Or is this just used to watch "watch instantly" movies in your queue?
No, this just pulls the watch instantly movies down and lets you watch them. You can either browse through genre's for the movies, or view them from your instant queue (or whatever it's called).

There isn't a link back to let you add anything to your regular DVD queue.

pjpjpjpj 10-26-2009 11:06 AM

Is there any way to pick up feeds from "PlayOn Live"? It's a PlayOn plugin that scours the web for live streams and makes them available. However, I don't know if the SageTV interface would work, since (I think?) it appears to need the specific feeds already written in the custom online feeds properties file, and the "PlayOn Live" updates the available feeds every two minutes.

Anyone?

http://www.playonplugins.com/index.php?topic=1619.0

The ability to grab "PlayOn Live" feeds would add live ESPN, HBO, NFL games, movie channels, and many others, not to mention TONS of live sporting events.

(of course, even if it were updating feeds every two minutes, if there were a few feeds you used that remained constant from the same source, could those few feeds be written into the Sage properties file?)

simonen 10-26-2009 04:20 PM

Windows 7 64-bit usage
 
I just got my Windows 7 Pro upgrade disk today and I would like to use the 64 bit version to take advantage of the extra memory I have. Has anyone here experienced any problems with UPnP2Podcast.exe or PlayOn usage on a 64-bit system?

Wahoo! I am an "Aficionado" now. Only took me 3 1/2 years (slow learner I guess).

HuMan321 10-26-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonen (Post 388697)
I just got my Windows 7 Pro upgrade disk today and I would like to use the 64 bit version to take advantage of the extra memory I have. Has anyone here experienced any problems with UPnP2Podcast.exe or PlayOn usage on a 64-bit system?

Wahoo! I am an "Aficionado" now. Only took me 3 1/2 years (slow learner I guess).

Before I could get Playon working on my quad core WHS PC we ran Playon on my wife's Windows 7 PC. She is running Windows 7 Ultimate RC @ 64 bit and we did not have any problems that I can remember. This predated the UPnP2 though so I cannot comment on that.

simonen 10-26-2009 04:45 PM

I figure everything will be fine, but I thought I would check to see if anyone had any issues.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.