SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   Batch Metadata Tools (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   BMT Failed to Install (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66721)

tvmaster2 05-11-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker:WG (Post 630034)
Sooo..... are we saying the plugins are officially hooped?

Backup what you've got and hope for the best?

It does seem like the new owners of the old Bintray wonít make the material available. Jerks.

wnjj 05-11-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker:WG (Post 630034)
Sooo..... are we saying the plugins are officially hooped?

Backup what you've got and hope for the best?

Maybe... I would like to hear from a plug-in developer what it takes to make the original zip files. It may be a matter of pulling jar files from an installed system, zipping them up and modifying the plug-in manifest but Iím not sure.

Tiki 05-11-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnjj (Post 630036)
Maybe... I would like to hear from a plug-in developer what it takes to make the original zip files. It may be a matter of pulling jar files from an installed system, zipping them up and modifying the plug-in manifest but Iím not sure.

Iím pretty sure you have it correct.
I would bet most of the plug-ins could be re-created and posted to a new location without too much effort, provided you had them installed already. But I havenít written any myself since they added the plugin system in Sage v7, so itís possible that itís more difficult than I think.

JREkiwi 05-11-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnjj (Post 630036)

That's true for the plugins that are simply JAR files (Library plugins) but starts getting a little more complicated with other plugins as there's nothing that details what's in them.

John

stuckless 05-12-2021 11:22 AM

If someone had this property set to false... then they might have all the files...

Code:

Sage.getBoolean("remove_downloaded_plugin_installers", true)
unfortunately, it is true by default (so no files are kept)

graywolf 05-12-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckless (Post 630048)
If someone had this property set to false... then they might have all the files...

Code:

Sage.getBoolean("remove_downloaded_plugin_installers", true)
unfortunately, it is true by default (so no files are kept)

Stuckless - I know you no longer support BMT but do you happen to still have the BMT plugin install files? And maybe any others that you wrote?

stuckless 05-13-2021 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywolf (Post 630050)
Stuckless - I know you no longer support BMT but do you happen to still have the BMT plugin install files? And maybe any others that you wrote?

I likely have (or can rebuild) all of the things for bmt, phoenix, sagex, etc... my problem is that I'm in the process of moving cities.. so everything is boxed up. My development workspace is put into storage, and I'll likely be a few months before I get to any of that :(

JREkiwi 05-14-2021 08:28 PM

I've had a quick look at what's missing and it's a pretty big list. I'm just going through all the missing dependencies to see what I can upload to the repository, but can't guarantee I have enough to get anything useful going.

John

tvmaster2 05-15-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JREkiwi (Post 630065)
I've had a quick look at what's missing and it's a pretty big list. I'm just going through all the missing dependencies to see what I can upload to the repository, but can't guarantee I have enough to get anything useful going.

John

Every little bit helps, right? Maybe some old-timer developers will see this and help out if theyíve still got the files...

JREkiwi 05-15-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvmaster2 (Post 630072)
Every little bit helps, right? Maybe some old-timer developers will see this and help out if theyíve still got the files...

BMT and Phoenix downloads are working now.

Just working through the rest :bang:

John

jusjoken 05-15-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JREkiwi (Post 630081)
BMT and Phoenix downloads are working now.

Just working through the rest :bang:

John

Gemstone files uploaded....thanks for providing a temp location for these.

k

graywolf 05-16-2021 08:14 AM

Thanks so much JREkiwi & jusjoken

Greatly appreciated.

Is there something we would need to change (i.e. manifest)?

trk2 05-16-2021 11:18 AM

Thanks guys for working on this. :goodjob:

JREkiwi 05-17-2021 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywolf (Post 630088)
Is there something we would need to change (i.e. manifest)?

Manifest has been updated and should download automatically

John

Striker:WG 05-17-2021 07:18 AM

a huge THANK YOU to everyone working to keep this system running!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: