SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   Batch Metadata Tools (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   BMT Failed to Install (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66721)

graywolf 05-04-2021 05:35 AM

BMT Failed to Install

Is there an issue? Getting:

Plugin Server Install Progress: Done - FAILED - Resource Download https://dl.bintray.com/opensagetv/sa...ar-4.101.0.zip

If I try the url in a browser, it returns: Forbidden!

wnjj 05-04-2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywolf (Post 629954)
Is there an issue? Getting:

Plugin Server Install Progress: Done - FAILED - Resource Download https://dl.bintray.com/opensagetv/sa...ar-4.101.0.zip

If I try the url in a browser, it returns: Forbidden!

Bintray is no longer. There will likely be several things broken as a result.

graywolf 05-05-2021 05:20 AM

Is someone able to move it to the current repository?

stuckless 05-05-2021 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywolf (Post 629964)
Is someone able to move it to the current repository?

Not sure there is a "current repository". I checked the plugins XML and there are at least 80 references to bintray, so, this doesn't bode well for plugins.

tvmaster2 05-05-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnjj (Post 629955)
Bintray is no longer. There will likely be several things broken as a result.

WTF - When did this happen? One or two files are still there at the new, JFrog location. I’ve sent a request for access, or relinking, etc. I imagine the more of us who send requests maybe something will happen? Or are the files/links now lost in time and space forever....

tvmaster2 05-05-2021 09:22 AM

the response....

Hereís what I just got back. Did anyone else know this was happening on May 1st?

ď Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to JFrog Support.

With regards to your query regarding unable to download the file from the reported account, please be informed that as part of the Bintray sunset plan, we have blocked all the OSS Bintray accounts, and download from the OSS Bintray account is forbidden.

For more information, we would request you to refer to the below link:
https://jfrog.com/blog/into-the-suns...d-chartcenter/

Please let us know if you have any other questions. I will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Janardhana JL
JFrog SupportĒ

So, any hope?

Striker:WG 05-05-2021 09:12 PM

Well, this sure ain't cool.... all's well until the next time any of us need to reinstall anything....

Can we build up the files we need from existing installs? I'm happy to gather up files from my machines and upload them somewhere if its of any use....

tvmaster2 05-05-2021 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker:WG (Post 629968)
Well, this sure ain't cool.... all's well until the next time any of us need to reinstall anything....

Can we build up the files we need from existing installs? I'm happy to gather up files from my machines and upload them somewhere if its of any use....

Iím amazed more people arenít freaking out yet....

How would one gather the plugins from installs? Will that do any good?

Striker:WG 05-06-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvmaster2 (Post 629970)
Iím amazed more people arenít freaking out yet....

How would one gather the plugins from installs? Will that do any good?

I think it's an issue of people haven't realized yet.... unless you read every post on these forums actively, the only way you would know is if if you were trying to install a plugin, it failed, and you bothered to investigate why.

I don't know if gathering the files from existing installs would help or not. I honestly don't know enough about how the plugin system works. I'm just willing to volunteer what I have to help (if it is actually any help at all).

tvmaster2 05-06-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker:WG (Post 629971)
I think it's an issue of people haven't realized yet.... unless you read every post on these forums actively, the only way you would know is if if you were trying to install a plugin, it failed, and you bothered to investigate why.

I don't know if gathering the files from existing installs would help or not. I honestly don't know enough about how the plugin system works. I'm just willing to volunteer what I have to help (if it is actually any help at all).

Same here - of course I could only offer the plugins installed on my system

graywolf 05-07-2021 10:50 AM

If I recall, in the past there was talk of how to "back up/download" the plugin repository to a local location. Unfortunately I didn't do it and don't know if anyone my have a "recent copy"

Then of course the plugin xml would need to get modified

I'm guessing maybe GitHub for the repository? Is that still an option?
Of course I have no clue how to "rebuild" the bintray stuff to github.

Striker:WG 05-07-2021 05:26 PM

I reached out to bintray over Twitter dm. No response.

Certainly doesn't look good....

nyplayer 05-07-2021 07:10 PM

Gemstone also fails.

tvmaster2 05-07-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyplayer (Post 629976)
Gemstone also fails.

Wow. Iím amazed no one saw that May 1 warning. But I rarely visit Bintray, so I guess that goes for all of us. Somebody, somewhere must have a backup...

wnjj 05-08-2021 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvmaster2 (Post 629978)
Wow. Iím amazed no one saw that May 1 warning. But I rarely visit Bintray, so I guess that goes for all of us. Somebody, somewhere must have a backup...

I, along with everyone else who hosted stuff on Bintray got emails about it over 2 months ago. I moved the Windows installer and backed up the Linux ones (though new Linux builds arenít happening anymore). I didnít know the plug-ins were mostly/all hosted there. The authors of them would have gotten notified but Iím assuming most have moved on, hence no support.

I donít know what it takes to get any of them going again. They are .zip files that are presumably on peopleís machines who have them installed but maybe not.

UgaData 05-08-2021 06:41 AM

Where would these zip files be?

I have a folder in the SAGE folder named "PlugInInstallers" but it is full of empty folders. Maybe the zip file is deleted after install?

I do see a bunch of "JAR" files (JARs Folder) that seem to relate to some plugins.

tvmaster2 05-08-2021 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnjj (Post 629979)
I, along with everyone else who hosted stuff on Bintray got emails about it over 2 months ago. I moved the Windows installer and backed up the Linux ones (though new Linux builds arenít happening anymore). I didnít know the plug-ins were mostly/all hosted there. The authors of them would have gotten notified but Iím assuming most have moved on, hence no support.

I donít know what it takes to get any of them going again. They are .zip files that are presumably on peopleís machines who have them installed but maybe not.

Iím assuming weíll have to seek out the authors, if they can be found, and hope they kept installable versions?

nyplayer 05-08-2021 12:09 PM

I just backed up my full SageTV install in case My drive craps out and I have to reinstall ... I will use the backup as a baseline ... because it has all the plugins i use.

KeithAbbott 05-08-2021 08:22 PM

I checked the wayback machine, doesn't look like it will be of any help.

Also, https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56147 discussed ways to make a local mirror of the plugin zip files. Maybe somebody has a local mirror that isn't too ancient?

Striker:WG 05-11-2021 12:19 PM

Sooo..... are we saying the plugins are officially hooped?

Backup what you've got and hope for the best?

tvmaster2 05-11-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker:WG (Post 630034)

It does seem like the new owners of the old Bintray wonít make the material available. Jerks.

wnjj 05-11-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker:WG (Post 630034)

Maybe... I would like to hear from a plug-in developer what it takes to make the original zip files. It may be a matter of pulling jar files from an installed system, zipping them up and modifying the plug-in manifest but Iím not sure.

Tiki 05-11-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnjj (Post 630036)
Maybe... I would like to hear from a plug-in developer what it takes to make the original zip files. It may be a matter of pulling jar files from an installed system, zipping them up and modifying the plug-in manifest but Iím not sure.

Iím pretty sure you have it correct.
I would bet most of the plug-ins could be re-created and posted to a new location without too much effort, provided you had them installed already. But I havenít written any myself since they added the plugin system in Sage v7, so itís possible that itís more difficult than I think.

JREkiwi 05-11-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnjj (Post 630036)

That's true for the plugins that are simply JAR files (Library plugins) but starts getting a little more complicated with other plugins as there's nothing that details what's in them.

John

stuckless 05-12-2021 11:22 AM

If someone had this property set to false... then they might have all the files...

Code:

Sage.getBoolean("remove_downloaded_plugin_installers", true)
unfortunately, it is true by default (so no files are kept)

graywolf 05-12-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckless (Post 630048)
If someone had this property set to false... then they might have all the files...

Code:

Sage.getBoolean("remove_downloaded_plugin_installers", true)
unfortunately, it is true by default (so no files are kept)

Stuckless - I know you no longer support BMT but do you happen to still have the BMT plugin install files? And maybe any others that you wrote?

stuckless 05-13-2021 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywolf (Post 630050)
Stuckless - I know you no longer support BMT but do you happen to still have the BMT plugin install files? And maybe any others that you wrote?

I likely have (or can rebuild) all of the things for bmt, phoenix, sagex, etc... my problem is that I'm in the process of moving cities.. so everything is boxed up. My development workspace is put into storage, and I'll likely be a few months before I get to any of that :(

JREkiwi 05-14-2021 08:28 PM

I've had a quick look at what's missing and it's a pretty big list. I'm just going through all the missing dependencies to see what I can upload to the repository, but can't guarantee I have enough to get anything useful going.

John

tvmaster2 05-15-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JREkiwi (Post 630065)
I've had a quick look at what's missing and it's a pretty big list. I'm just going through all the missing dependencies to see what I can upload to the repository, but can't guarantee I have enough to get anything useful going.

John

Every little bit helps, right? Maybe some old-timer developers will see this and help out if theyíve still got the files...

JREkiwi 05-15-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvmaster2 (Post 630072)
Every little bit helps, right? Maybe some old-timer developers will see this and help out if theyíve still got the files...

BMT and Phoenix downloads are working now.

Just working through the rest :bang:

John

jusjoken 05-15-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JREkiwi (Post 630081)
BMT and Phoenix downloads are working now.

Just working through the rest :bang:

John

Gemstone files uploaded....thanks for providing a temp location for these.

k

graywolf 05-16-2021 08:14 AM

Thanks so much JREkiwi & jusjoken

Greatly appreciated.

Is there something we would need to change (i.e. manifest)?

trk2 05-16-2021 11:18 AM

Thanks guys for working on this. :goodjob:

JREkiwi 05-17-2021 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywolf (Post 630088)
Is there something we would need to change (i.e. manifest)?

Manifest has been updated and should download automatically

John

Striker:WG 05-17-2021 07:18 AM

a huge THANK YOU to everyone working to keep this system running!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: