SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV Media Extender (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   MVP-Model 1000 (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38459)

electrofex 01-06-2009 02:46 PM

MVP-Model 1000

I have small 13" a older LCD tv. Thinking of buying a MVP 1000 for it. I can get one cheep but it is the older unit when it first came out with the older remote. Does anybody know if there is much differance from a newer one?

Brent 01-06-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electrofex (Post 327961)
I have small 13" a older LCD tv. Thinking of buying a MVP 1000 for it. I can get one cheep but it is the older unit when it first came out with the older remote. Does anybody know if there is much differance from a newer one?

As far as I know the older model was basically the same as the newer model except for the remote control - just older.

gplasky 01-06-2009 03:45 PM

Correct. The newer model also added a spdif to the MVP but for your use it wouldn't matter. You could also pick up a newer remote with more buttons realitively cheap from the hauppague site if you want more buttons/better remote. $9.95 remote

Gerry

TechJunkie 01-06-2009 05:05 PM

I use the very first version of the MVP. Purchased it when it first came out. SageTV breathed new life into it. I use SageMC with without any issues.
The Remote that comes with the HD-PVR works on the MVP with the SageTV interface running on it. So if you have a HD-PVR, no need to purchase the larger remote for it.

electrofex 01-06-2009 05:06 PM

spdif

spdif?

gplasky 01-07-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electrofex (Post 328023)
spdif?

Sony/Philips Digital Interface

It can be either an optical or a cable jack out to connect to a receiver to receive 5.1 digital dolby surround sound.
So you would have this in addition to the analog RCA stereo jacks. The older models just had the analog jacks.

Gerry

CollinR 01-07-2009 08:52 AM

There is a difference in the firmware that makes them harder to get connected. I personally will not use the older ones however they do seem to normally work just fine.

matt91 01-07-2009 10:07 AM

Wasn't there a version that had a coax output as well as composite video/audio?

It may have been branded as something other than a "Hauppauge MVP", but I'd think that under the hood, it was the same.

Matt

paulbeers 01-07-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt91 (Post 328193)
Wasn't there a version that had a coax output as well as composite video/audio?

It may have been branded as something other than a "Hauppauge MVP", but I'd think that under the hood, it was the same.

Matt

The Coax output was made by Hauppauge for Helix. They work just fine (have one) other than the fact you have to give it a static IP address and set it in the properties (otherwise it constantly looks for the Helix software)

Edit: I should also mention that I still love my MediaMVP's. In fact I am using one right now in my office hooked to a Samsung 20" CRT.