SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV Clients Development (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Fork of SageTV MiniClient for Android TV (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66405)

KryptoNyte 09-14-2021 05:49 PM

Great work. Thank you, Josh.

mwittl 10-09-2021 03:40 AM

Very nice work and much appreciated! I bought several FireTV 4k sticks to use for remote viewing of our SageTV content since I was getting very frustrated with our HD300 and HD200 freeze-ups. Josh's work is breathing new life into the best PVR/TV ever developed! Hats off to Josh and SageTV!

gexi 10-09-2021 04:51 AM

Nice job with this last release! Compatibility shot way up and I am able to use exoplayer for most files now. I have only found a handful of files that this does not seem to work with. Thank you for all your hard work!

tvmaster2 10-09-2021 01:36 PM

Thank you sir your continued expertise :)

Scriber 10-17-2021 08:24 PM

Got the new FireTV 4K Max using v1.9.1

As with the FireTV 4K, ExoPlayer is still no workie (get an error message no audio/video).

Unfortunately, after selecting IJKPlayer, no video but get audio.

In the past I'd deselect the second MPEG2 decoder but now there's only 1 MPEG2 decoder and deselecting that results in SW decoders being used. Not a fan of the SW decoders.

Anyone know how to get the FireTV 4K Max to use IJK HW decoders?

Thanks.

nyplayer 10-17-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scriber (Post 631354)
Got the new FireTV 4K Max using v1.9.1

As with the FireTV 4K, ExoPlayer is still no workie (get an error message no audio/video).

Unfortunately, after selecting IJKPlayer, no video but get audio.

In the past I'd deselect the second MPEG2 decoder but now there's only 1 MPEG2 decoder and deselecting that results in SW decoders being used. Not a fan of the SW decoders.

Anyone know how to get the FireTV 4K Max to use IJK HW decoders?

Thanks.

Funny I got the FireSick 4K max and exoplayer works flawlessly ? Are you on the latest SageTV Server release ? Watching Steelers game no problem.

Scriber 10-17-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyplayer (Post 631355)
Funny I got the FireSick 4K max and exoplayer works flawlessly ? Are you on the latest SageTV Server release ? Watching Steelers game no problem.

Nope. Didnt even think to try that :blush: but will give that a try. Thx.

tvmaster2 10-18-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner (Post 628177)
There is also a separate Mobile web client that was developed a long time ago, before phones got larger screens. But it may not work anymore.

That is fine since the main web UI works fine on phones with larger screens and is very usable, including the page for the web UI remote. I wouldn't want to use that all of the time, but to change the occasional setting it works pretty well.

really old thread - I'm rebuilding my system, and parts of the Mobile Web App still work. Does anyone else use this on their small screen, Android device? I still find it amazingly useful when on the go, but either Java or Jetty coding have made 1/3 of it inoperable. Anyone else here who’d like to pony up a few $$ to the right hero to revive this app?

Scriber 10-18-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyplayer (Post 631355)

Darn! Exoplayer is no workie for me even using the latest Server (9.2.6.976) and FTV Max.

Get a brief error message with a frozen image and no sound.

Am i doomed to use IJK + SW decoders on the FTV Max? :rolleyes:

nyplayer 10-18-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scriber (Post 631369)
Darn! Exoplayer is no workie for me even using the latest Server (9.2.6.976) and FTV Max.

Get a brief error message with a frozen image and no sound.

Am i doomed to use IJK + SW decoders on the FTV Max? :rolleyes:

Are you using Opendct ? or not ? What tuners are you using ?

jusjoken 10-18-2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvmaster2 (Post 631365)
really old thread - I'm rebuilding my system, and parts of the Mobile Web App still work. Does anyone else use this on their small screen, Android device? I still find it amazing useful when on the go, but either Java or Jetty coding have made 1/3 of it inoperable. Anyone else who's pony up a few $$ to the right hero to revive this app?

It looks like the mobile web app has not been touched since 2011. I believe I have the source and plan to at least review what it will take to make it work again while I am upgrading Jetty to v9

K

tvmaster2 10-18-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jusjoken (Post 631373)
It looks like the mobile web app has not been touched since 2011. I believe I have the source and plan to at least review what it will take to make it work again while I am upgrading Jetty to v9

K

That would be superb. It’s so well designed, but the guide data has been crippled, as well as the search functions. But most things still work, depending on installed plugins I believe…