SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hardware Support (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wake system from standby with MCE remote? (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20130)

GTwannabe 09-22-2006 06:33 PM

Wake system from standby with MCE remote?

Is it possible to wake the system from standby with the MCE remote and receiver? My USB ports are set to 5vsb, and I've tried switching ports with no success.

blade 09-22-2006 06:43 PM

I put mine to sleep every night and wake it in the morning with my MCE remote and receiver.

Motofreak75 09-22-2006 06:47 PM

you have to make sure that you set in device manager that the USB hub that has the MCE IR unit " Allow this device to bring the computer out of Standby" is checked

also check the MCE HID device aswell in device manager to. that helped me out to resume from standby.

GTwannabe 09-22-2006 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motofreak75
you have to make sure that you set in device manager that the USB hub that has the MCE IR unit " Allow this device to bring the computer out of Standby" is checked

also check the MCE HID device aswell in device manager to. that helped me out to resume from standby.

I don't have any of the power/sleep options in the device manager for my MCE receiver. Are you using the default Windows drivers, or something else? Mine shows up as "eHome Receiver" or something similar.

I checked under each USB hub, and the option box for "Allow this device to bring the computer out of Standby" is grayed out.

blade 09-23-2006 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTwannabe
I don't have any of the power/sleep options in the device manager for my MCE receiver. Are you using the default Windows drivers, or something else? Mine shows up as "eHome Receiver" or something similar.

I checked under each USB hub, and the option box for "Allow this device to bring the computer out of Standby" is grayed out.

Everything you said is exactly how mine is and I'm using the regular windows driver. Are you pressing the power button to wake it? Mine only wakes if I press the power button on the remote.

I don't know if it matters or not, but all of my HID compliant devices are checked in the device manager to wake from standby. You might also check your bios to see if there is a setting in there or not.

Mahoney 09-23-2006 02:40 AM

You may need to add a BIOS key and value.

Key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usb
Value:
USBBIOSx 0x00000000 (0)

Polypro 09-23-2006 06:29 AM

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usb]

"USBBIOSx"=dword:00000000

Copy/Paste, rename whatever.reg

P

GTwannabe 09-23-2006 09:42 AM

Quote: