SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV v9 Customizations (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Echo Skill (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63281)

tmiranda 10-09-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnadeau (Post 611013)
I replaced the jar files and restarted the server. Here is the log file

Thanks. Can you tell me what you said to the Alexa?

rnadeau 10-09-2017 01:20 PM

I said " Alexa, open sagetv", then Go to TV, Then "Go to Videos".

tmiranda 10-14-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnadeau (Post 611013)
I replaced the jar files and restarted the server. Here is the log file

I don't see any errors in this logfile. Did the Echo do what you expected it to do or not?

pukka 10-20-2017 03:04 PM

Hi,
Is the skill working with amazon UK?
Thanks
Paul

tmiranda 10-21-2017 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pukka (Post 611337)
Hi,
Is the skill working with amazon UK?
Thanks
Paul

No, sorry. Last time I checked it was a difficult process. I had to manually copy a bunch of data from one place to another and then maintain two sets of data. Ugly, and no way to automate the process.

nettech_gt 01-01-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmiranda (Post 605491)
This should be possible but there is bug in the Amazon API that prevents me from doing it. Once the bug is fixed I will work on it some more.

I know I will not have time until late summer.

Just wanted to check in again and see if you have been able to make any more progress with adding more functionality to searching. When I asked about six months ago you mentioned there was a bug you were waiting for Amazon to fix... Thanx!

moodyg 01-31-2019 02:18 AM

On the Fire TV cube

First I would like to say that, considering the cube didn't exist until June 2018, I am very impressed this app works as well as it does with the cube. That's not to say I don't have a wish list, or possibly need the secret password to get it to do what I would like it to do.

I am more interested in the command feature, than anything else. Its seems a better approach to me than additional hardware to voice emulate a remote. And if everything listed in detail setup->commands->link IR/Keystroke to SageTV worked, then I personally have no need for the other features of the app.

I found I could use most of the linkable commands as listed in the setup. The one thing I could not figure out how to do is use numpad-0 through numpad-9. All my attempts ended as something so unlike what I said that I was stunned, it sounded like you said what else can I do, or do you want to change the port number? or a very long list of hints. If numpads can done, then the guide could to jump to a channel and the native ui search could be used.

Assuming these can be technically done, there is any interest in it, and tom hasn't unfriended everyone with name Alexa on facebook Here is my wish list.

flush out the linkable commands, at least the digits, or tell me how to do it.

limit the long list of hints to the specific question what can I do in sagetv. Attempting to interrupt it often causes the app to exit, and it often goes off cause I talk too slow.

If there is way to increase the time that one has to finish a sentence.

If there is a way to rewind by time, maybe leverage smooth FF/REW? Most of the streaming apps I have downloaded have that ability (really low priority for me, but a nice one)