SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV v7 Customizations (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Plugin: Sage Recording Extender 4 (SREv4) (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57364)

skiingwiz 05-17-2016 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarylFStein (Post 588576)
Manually trying the URL in a browser returns this as the first line:

Code:

{"message":"Unexpected error","stackTrace":"java.io.IOException: Unable to find event data! [Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers]

That's weird. Trying it on my instance, querying for "Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers" doesn't work either (they're playing again tonight so it should.) BUT querying for "Minnesota vs Detroit" works. On the flip-side, my Atlanta vs Pittsburgh game was extended just fine tonight, and I can see that the query works with City+Team or just City there. So I'm not sure what's going on with your Twins-Tigers game.

Since wayner confirmed overrides are working, you could set up an override for the games in the meantime. I'll try to set up some test cases and see if I can figure out the problem.

skiingwiz 05-17-2016 09:41 PM

Well that was easy to find. There was a typo in the MLB mapping for the Detroit Tigers. That explains why your case didn't work and mine did.

Version 1.0.1 is now available and fixes this issue. (And the mislabeled entry on the apps page.)

Here's the catch. After you install this update, you'll have to shut down sage and clean the Live PVR Server derby database (else the typo will remain cached there.) In the home area of the user running sage, there will be a folder named ".livepvrdata-svc", just delete that whole folder. After it's gone, you can restart sage.

In the future, I may look at removing this database when building to run inside of sage. It's really overkill there and causes issues like this.

Let me know how the update goes.

wayner 05-18-2016 06:36 AM

Can we ignore this update for now if we don't use SRE for MLB?

wayner 05-18-2016 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiingwiz (Post 588616)
Since wayner confirmed overrides are working,...

At least I got the green checkmark - the Raptors were blown out by the Cavs so the game ended before the scheduled time so SRE didn't have to actually kick in to extend the recording. But it did appear to be monitoring the game.

skiingwiz 05-18-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner (Post 588625)
Can we ignore this update for now if we don't use SRE for MLB?

Yes, unless the mislabeled entry on jetty's apps page bothers you. Those are only two fixes in 1.0.1.

(And unless the MLB game involves the Tigers you don't even need this update for MLB.)

jdezur 05-26-2016 12:09 AM

Probably something I did, or didn't do, but if I try to go to the http://localhost:8080/apps link on my system, I get an HTTP 500 error. See below. My http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata/events link works, it returns a few games for MLB, but all of them say preview instead of the current date info.

Any ideas on why I get the 500 error, and could it be contributing to the "preview" times in the listing?

Here's what the events page looks like:
Code:

COLLEGE BASKETBALL
        ==================
        No games for this date.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL
        ================
        No games for this date.

MLB BASEBALL
        ============
        Arizona vs. Pittsburgh                                    Preview           
        Miami vs. Tampa Bay                                      Preview           
        Toronto vs. NY Yankees                                    Preview           
        St. Louis vs. Washington                                  Preview           
        Colorado vs. Boston                                      Preview           
        Milwaukee vs. Atlanta                                    Preview           
        Baltimore vs. Houston                                    Preview           
        Chi White Sox vs. Kansas City                            Preview           

NBA BASKETBALL
        ==============
        No games for this date.

NFL FOOTBALL
        ============
        No games for this date.

NHL HOCKEY
        ==========
        No games for this date.

Here's my HTTP 500 error:
Code:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /apps/. Reason:

PWC6033: Unable to compile class for JSP

PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
The type java.util.Comparator cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Caused by:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6033: Unable to compile class for JSP

PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
The type java.util.Comparator cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:123)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:296)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:376)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:437)
        at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:608)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:360)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:486)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:380)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:334)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:126)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:493)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
        at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
        at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:131)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1148)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:387)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
        at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
        at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)

Fuzzy 05-26-2016 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdezur (Post 588936)
Probably something I did, or didn't do, but if I try to go to the http://localhost:8080/apps link on my system, I get an HTTP 500 error. See below. My http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata/events link works, it returns a few games for MLB, but all of them say preview instead of the current date info.

Any ideas on why I get the 500 error, and could it be contributing to the "preview" times in the listing?

What java version is on your server?

jdezur 05-26-2016 07:19 AM

8 update 91. Current as of last night. I thought it could've been something to do with Java, so I updated.

Slugger 05-26-2016 08:50 AM

fwiw, the "Preview" status of the MLB games is expected. That's the status I parse out of the json feed for mlb.com when games haven't started. When the game starts, the status will update accordingly.

The stacktrace is a known problem with Jetty + Java 8, as far as I remember.

jdezur 05-26-2016 10:43 AM

I downgraded to java 7u80, and now the apps page works. I guess sometimes newer isn't better. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info on the "preview" return. There's a Cincinnati Reds game tonight so I'll be watching to make sure it works for me.

Fuzzy 05-26-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdezur (Post 588966)
I downgraded to java 7u80, and now the apps page works. I guess sometimes newer isn't better. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info on the "preview" return. There's a Cincinnati Reds game tonight so I'll be watching to make sure it works for me.

newer WOULD be better - but the Jetty build that the sagetv plugin uses is very old, and doesn't work right on java 8. For now 7u79 or 7u80 are the ideal java builds for sagetv because of this.

KarylFStein 05-26-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiingwiz (Post 588618)
Well that was easy to find. There was a typo in the MLB mapping for the Detroit Tigers. That explains why your case didn't work and mine did.

Version 1.0.1 is now available and fixes this issue. (And the mislabeled entry on the apps page.)

Here's the catch. After you install this update, you'll have to shut down sage and clean the Live PVR Server derby database (else the typo will remain cached there.) In the home area of the user running sage, there will be a folder named ".livepvrdata-svc", just delete that whole folder. After it's gone, you can restart sage.

In the future, I may look at removing this database when building to run inside of sage. It's really overkill there and causes issues like this.

Let me know how the update goes.

It has been working great, thanks! I've probably had six or so baseball recordings since and they were all extended properly.

Skipping doesn't work right in Placeshifter, but does on the HD300 and Android client.

skiingwiz 05-26-2016 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarylFStein (Post 588975)
It has been working great, thanks! I've probably had six or so baseball recordings since and they were all extended properly.

I'm glad to hear it. :)

cat6man 05-27-2016 11:44 AM

+1
that worked perfectly for me.
thanks again to best sagetv plugin evah....................GO SOX

nkd 05-27-2016 11:42 PM

Inconsistent Behaviour

Hello folks,

I am seeing some inconsistent behaviour with SRE. Some live events like MLB games are being tracked and some like NBA games (specifically the Warriors games) are not. This is new behaviour, things were working just fine upto a week ago. Moreover for some reason SRE tries to track TV shows that are not live, for example i just added Top Gear as a favorite and SRE tried to track that show.

Also when i try to go to http://livepvrdata-hrd.appspot.com/events.jsp i get the following error
Error: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
I have never tried to go to this site before so i don't know if this is expected behaviour as i don't have something set up correctly ...

Anyone have a similar experience, any ideas/thoughts/guidance on how to fix

Regards

skiingwiz 05-30-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkd (Post 589026)
Hello folks,

I am seeing some inconsistent behaviour with SRE. Some live events like MLB games are being tracked and some like NBA games (specifically the Warriors games) are not. This is new behaviour, things were working just fine upto a week ago. Moreover for some reason SRE tries to track TV shows that are not live, for example i just added Top Gear as a favorite and SRE tried to track that show.

Also when i try to go to http://livepvrdata-hrd.appspot.com/events.jsp i get the following error
I have never tried to go to this site before so i don't know if this is expected behaviour as i don't have something set up correctly ...

Regards

The livepvrdata appspot app is going away, or is possibly already gone away. (I think it's slated to go away anytime after tomorrow actually.)

Check out this post for instructions on how to get a local version of that server running in sage.

I may release an updated version of SRE with the local server as a requirement, and the default URL set to use the local server. I think that would make things easier for people who don't frequent the forums.

Slugger 05-30-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkd (Post 589026)
Hello folks,

Regards

Ouch, I think this is my bad. I updated the version on the cloud to allow me to export the NCAA maps for the new SageTV version of the server and I think I ended up shipping an incompatible version of Groovy with the new build. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of tonnes of life things right now and trying to dig into this isn't even on the radar and won't be anytime soon, if ever again.

Best bet here is to consider the cloud version of the app dead and move onto the local version now available.

And with that said, as mentioned above, the appengine version of the app is marked for deletion and will be removed at Google's whim, without notice (probably within in a few weeks). Seems it doesn't matter anyway because the version on there now is broken. SageTV users should move to the local version of the web service and point SRE to use that instead. Other users of the web service checking in here should head to github and checkout the OSS ported version of the web service as the basis for a replacement. I have successfully built a docker container of that repo and deployed it to IBM's Bluemix cloud with some caveats as documented at github in the wiki. YMMV.

Thanks to all those who used and supported this plugin over the years and I think you're in really good hands with skiingwiz taking this over. I'm still sort of involved as I add my two cents to some of his commits and will chime in until he tells me to get lost. :)

NOTE: The app has been disabled on appengine (it was broken anyways).

skiingwiz 05-31-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugger (Post 589118)
I'm still sort of involved as I add my two cents to some of his commits and will chime in until it tells me to get lost. :)

Don't expect that any time soon. Any comments you have are welcome. :)

nkd 05-31-2016 07:16 PM

thanks for all that you have done Slugger appreciate it.

I successfully migrated to the local version - thanks for the recomendation skiingwiz

Things seem to be working now

Regards

skiingwiz 05-31-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiingwiz (Post 589114)
I may release an updated version of SRE with the local server as a requirement, and the default URL set to use the local server. I think that would make things easier for people who don't frequent the forums.

Since the Google app is officially broken, I went ahead and did this.

Version 4.0.2 of SRE makes 2 changes. It requires the local LivePVRdata server and it updates the default server config to point to that. If you've already updated your config to use the local server, there is no need to update SRE to 4.0.2. (There's also no harm in updating.)

Note: As before, if you have a non-default jetty port configuration, you'll have to update the SRE config by hand.

Let me know if anyone sees any issues.