SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV v7 Customizations (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Free iPod/iPhone/iPad application: TiSageTVRemote (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57194)

Fonceur 10-03-2011 11:17 AM

Free iPod/iPhone/iPad application: TiSageTVRemote

Tallus iOS SageTV Remote is basically a Remote control to take over any of your SageTV 7 Client(s) and/or Extender(s), through the comfort of your iPod/iPhone/iPad.

Detailed instructions are available on the TiSageTVRemote wiki. But essentially you need to install/configure SageTCPServer from the SageTV 7 plugin interface. If your SageTV server is not on 192.168.0.100, you will also need to configure TiSageTVRemote from the first top-right icon.

This application is available for free (ad supported) on the App Store. If you like it, consider upgrading to the full TiSageTV experience.

http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki//ima...geTVRemote.jpg http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki//ima...eTVRemote2.jpg http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki//ima...eTVRemote3.jpg

P.S. This has been submitted before the free Android version was even created, but had been stuck in a rejection loop until now... ;)

Fonceur 11-21-2011 04:13 PM

If you are using this free application and your iPod/iPhone/iPad is not using English or French, I could add more internationalization, just provide me with the translation for:

Cancel =
Connect =

Enter text =

Enter the SageTV server's IP =
Select a client =
Server selection =

Ideally the text should be of similar length, or that probably won't fit... ;) As you might have noticed, the buttons themselves are untouched, this is just for the other messages.

Fonceur 12-03-2011 10:53 AM

No one took me up on my offer, so the English/French version will have to do for now... ;)

Version 1.01

- Added international support, starting with French.

Bibi 12-24-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonceur (Post 520985)
If you are using this free application and your iPod/iPhone/iPad is not using English or French, I could add more internationalization, just provide me with the translation for:

Cancel = Annuleren
Connect = Verbinden

Enter text = Tekst invoegen

Enter the SageTV server's IP = Geef het IP adres van de SageTV server in
Select a client = Selecteer een klant
Server selection = Selecteer een server

Ideally the text should be of similar length, or that probably won't fit... ;) As you might have noticed, the buttons themselves are untouched, this is just for the other messages.

This is the Dutch translation.

Greetings,

Birger

Fonceur 12-24-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibi (Post 523076)
This is the Dutch translation.

Thanks! I had to modify some sizes as the text didn't fit, which actually helped the French translation too, as I had to make some compromises before... ;)

The App Store isn't accepting any submission for the next week, so if anyone wants to contribute another translation... ;)

Fonceur 01-09-2012 06:58 PM

Version 1.04

- Updated the AsyncSocket version.
- Converted to use ARC.
- Got rid of the redundant iPad ViewController.

Version 1.03

- Moved some logic to the AppDelegate.

Version 1.02

- Added Dutch support.
- Fix: The Cancel client button was not translated.
- Tweaked the French translation.
- Renamed the displayed name to TiSTVRemote.

Fonceur 02-21-2012 06:19 PM

Version 1.05

- Better use of "Property".
- Tweaked the title bar.
- Code clean up.

Fonceur 06-25-2012 05:04 PM

Version 1.06

- Added "Rate it" dialog after 10 days.
- Enabled bounce of the scrollview.
- Can switch between first and last page.

Switching between the first and third page of the remote does act a bit strange, but I couldn't figure out how to fix it...

Fonceur 09-02-2012 06:38 AM

Version 1.07

- Switched to GCDAsyncSocket. (TCP handling)
- Modified some UI updates.

While those changes make the app more efficient "under the hood", I doubt you'll see any difference... ;)

vipul19 09-12-2012 09:18 AM

Hi Fonceur:

I am hoping you can help me with my tisage setup. I had it going about a year ago, but am trying to get it going again.

I have the last/latest sage version.

I installed the jetty plugin and changed the port to 9250

I installed tisage on my ipad and in setting set the wifi section to match jetty.

I can see that the sagetv alerts are now visible on the ipad, so I guess that it is working.

The first "x" on the top right is now the antenna symbol, which I think means I have a connection from the tisage app to the jetty server (I think I am using the correct terminology).

When I click the second x, it asks to select a client, but there are no options.

I have the main sage server connected to my tv in the basement and use the sage server to watch and play media. It is not a client.

Is there a way to control this sage server with the tisage?

Thanks!

vipul19 09-12-2012 09:19 AM

I also have 2 hd200 in the house and tisage doesn't seem to see those either, but perhaps they were turned off at the time. I will have to check again tonight.

Fonceur 12-03-2012 05:36 PM

Version 1.08

- Added support for iPod/iPhone 5.
- Raised minimum requirement to iOS 5.
- Added page control at the bottom.
- Tweaked the title area.

WesleyD 12-26-2012 11:47 AM

Hi, Did you have to raise the requirement to iOS 5?

I have a 2nd Gen iPod Touch with the last supported iOS of 4.2.1, so it won't install your app. :(

It would be the perfect EOL (End of Life) duty for the Touch. :)

Thanks

Fonceur 03-07-2014 09:00 PM

Version 1.09

- Long overdue update for iOS 7.
- Fix: Could not enter text in the configuration dialog on iOS 7.

Sorry for the long delay in fixing that iOS 7 issue. While the text entry was simple enough to fix, there were other issues with the top navigation bar and such I didn't have time to spend on back then... ;)

wayner 03-07-2014 09:23 PM

Good to see it is still alive after 14 months of nothing on this thread!

Fonceur 03-07-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner (Post 563053)
Good to see it is still alive after 14 months of nothing on this thread!

Actually, my BeyondTV remote was even worse, it was 5 months older and didn't have iPhone 5 support... ;)

Taddeusz 03-08-2014 06:18 PM

I have forgotten. How do you set the names of your clients?

Fonceur 03-08-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taddeusz (Post 563078)
I have forgotten. How do you set the names of your clients?

In principle through the SageTCPServer plugin configuration. Though I seem to remember people saying it had issues, so alternatively you can shutdown SageTV and its service, then edit the properties file. It's the same convention as other plugins, which I don't remember off hand, but you should be able to search the file for what you are currently seeing listed in the app and just update them...